Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Wild EEPROM posted:

i like how elon is so unlikable that he makes us root for zuck, of all people

anyone rooting for zuck hasn't figured out they ain't gonna fight and it's funny to watch elon chicken out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

either way it’s wild that Elon is so unlikable that he makes Zuck seem like the cool normal person in this exchange.

Zuckerberg seems like the normal one here

that’s how bad it is.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i know, right?

the guy who's picture always provokes a vague lovecraftian sense of unease in me is the one i'd prefer to see survive this if i had to choose between the two

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

zuck is gonna eat his soul and then get hosed up by it like in the witcher season 2 episode I watched last night

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I just remembered that during the cybertruck intro elon threw a ball at the window to show it was bullet proof. it shattered. so he did it again and shattered another window. then after the show they hastily repaired the windows and released a video of him trying that again but obviously with a softer ball.

also laser windshield wipers, which they promised kind of.

both of those seemed to have disappeared from the production model

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

the laser wipers remain hilarious to me. no we're not gonna use the tried-and-true physical wipers that are cheap to buy, easy to install, and work well, we're gonna use :science: lasers :science: and burn a ton of energy and make the car way, way less safe and harder to maintain

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Management posted:

I just remembered that during the cybertruck intro elon threw a ball at the window to show it was bullet proof. it shattered. so he did it again and shattered another window. then after the show they hastily repaired the windows and released a video of him trying that again but obviously with a softer ball.

also laser windshield wipers, which they promised kind of.

both of those seemed to have disappeared from the production model

tbf bulletproof glass is supposed to shatter. that's literally how it works. probably not from someone throwing a metal ball at it tho, but if it's thin enough to be used for car glass, it's probably not too wrong

that said, bulletproof glass on a car is stupid as poo poo unless you concerns about being shot are significantly greater than your concerns about being in an accident where you'd need to get out of the car through the windows

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Beve Stuscemi posted:

either way it’s wild that Elon is so unlikable that he makes Zuck seem like the cool normal person in this exchange.

Zuckerberg seems like the normal one here

that’s how bad it is.

It's a lot simpler than that: people just really, really want to see Elon Musk punched in the face.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

guess elon needs to pay a visit to the burn ward after his MRI https://twitter.com/bestofdyingtwit/status/1688323081021128704

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
hey you hired her

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

tbf bulletproof glass is supposed to shatter. that's literally how it works. probably not from someone throwing a metal ball at it tho, but if it's thin enough to be used for car glass, it's probably not too wrong

that said, bulletproof glass on a car is stupid as poo poo unless you concerns about being shot are significantly greater than your concerns about being in an accident where you'd need to get out of the car through the windows

Tesla buyers are already conditioned to expect that they'll eventually die while trapped in the car, so this isnt really a problem

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Love to see how well the laser wipers do against snow. Vehicles designed, built and tested in SoCal.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

someone call a firetruck, we got a burn here!

*Sounds of sirens, a car horn and an explosion*

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Endless Mike posted:

elon clearly didn’t know that, nor did he talk to anyone before planning his demo.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Of course elong would expect it to just work like in the movies

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

just evict this fucker already https://twitter.com/xdaily/status/1688356443265675264

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

this was a golden opportunity to find them 420,069 dollars and they blew it

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol if the landlord is desperate for occupancy and they got monkeypaw'd into having to pay elon's dumb fuckin bills

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

lol at simping for a billionaire and paying a bill that he for sure has the cash in his wallet to cover.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The article makes it read like they can pass the fines on to the company, which: good luck.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

LongDarkNight posted:

Love to see how well the laser wipers do against snow. Vehicles designed, built and tested in SoCal.

It does exactly as well as against rain

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
asking how well the laser wipers work is like asking how well the new roadster's spacex gas thrusters work

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
despite witnessing it for years now it is honestly still a little unbelievable that elon can still just make up the absolute dumbest, clearly ridiculous bullshit and it will be reported on 100% seriously and uncritically

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Beeftweeter posted:

despite witnessing it for years now it is honestly still a little unbelievable that elon can still just make up the absolute dumbest, clearly ridiculous bullshit and it will be reported on 100% seriously and uncritically

it's more unbelievable to me because it's been years

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Wheany posted:

It does exactly as well as against rain

"there's a little more glare than average but that's the cost of progress"

pours orange juice into a bowl of raw pasta by touch

"love the car though"

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

asking how well the laser wipers work is like asking how well the new roadster's spacex gas thrusters work

I forgot about that lol

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

just thinking for five seconds about the energy requirements to boil all the water off a windshield in a downpour :lmao:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i knew he had carte blanche to say whatever the gently caress he wanted until the end of time when he publicly stated that you could use a tesla as a boat and the ntsb/nhtsa did not run his underwear up a flagpole with him still wearing it

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Clark Nova posted:

just thinking for five seconds about the energy requirements to boil all the water off a windshield in a downpour :lmao:

lol one great way to never get FAA approval to even say the word airplane ever again

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day. give a man a Tesla and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

The best part of laser windshield wipers isn't the enormous energy costs or outright danger to everyone around the vehicle.

It's that it would boil away the water but leave behind any dust or dirt in the water leaving your windows caked in crap within seconds.

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
old but a good one
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1083095876392964096

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder
wall plug efficiency of lasers is pretty drat low. ~10% for CO2 and ~30% for IR fiber lasers. not exactly light (lol) either. my 1kw laser source weighs in at ~70kg, plus another 20 for the chiller. overweight and inefficient, that's the elon mush way!

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023

fins posted:

wall plug efficiency of lasers is pretty drat low. ~10% for CO2 and ~30% for IR fiber lasers. not exactly light (lol) either. my 1kw laser source weighs in at ~70kg, plus another 20 for the chiller. overweight and inefficient, that's the elon mush way!

have you tried aiming it at your eyes through a glass pane ??

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I learned about this thing today:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Antigravitas posted:

I learned about this thing today:

in absolute numbers the Burrito has set fewer things on fire than Teslas

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Beve Stuscemi posted:

lol at simping for a billionaire and paying a bill that he for sure has the cash in his wallet to cover.

permitting violations are the building owner's responsibility, so they're the ones on the hook for fines

i'd be shocked if they didn't have something in the lease allowing them to pass on fines to the tenant, tho

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Main Paineframe posted:

permitting violations are the building owner's responsibility, so they're the ones on the hook for fines

i'd be shocked if they didn't have something in the lease allowing them to pass on fines to the tenant, tho

I mean, they are both, probably. A rental is an actual, real-property interest in the land/building/fixture after all.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

i knew he had carte blanche to say whatever the gently caress he wanted until the end of time when he publicly stated that you could use a tesla as a boat and the ntsb/nhtsa did not run his underwear up a flagpole with him still wearing it

why would nhtsa do anything about this? clearly this is the coast guard's purview

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Saying knowingly false things about upcoming products from a publically traded company like Tesla seems like the sort of thing that can get him in trouble with the FTC.