Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i'd fight mark zuckerberg

concerning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Zuck is not gonna pass up the chance to kill someone live in front of a bunch of people without legal repercussions. His inhuman, serial killer brain won’t let this opportunity slip away he tastes the blood

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Asproigerosis posted:

Grims, did yer take me binzoes? I knowr ye tick mai binzoes!

push the button

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

zuck 100% wants this fight and he’s training to kill a man in the ring

i'm rooting for zuck on this one ngl

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
fights on

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

yeah he absolutely injured himself trying to get swole quick

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
whoever got it into musk's head he should fight zuck is a hero. almost as much of a hero as the guy who told him to buy twitter.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

the "may need surgery" is entirely elon speculating

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://twitter.com/rapmusic/status/1688263038686609408

SAF folded on the kill the boer song

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

RealityWarCriminal posted:

whoever got it into musk's head he should fight zuck is a hero. almost as much of a hero as the guy who told him to buy twitter.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Neuralink cured my neck and back problems, no you cannot see it

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Musk getting his Epic Sandevistan installed before the fight.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Yeah zero hedge was a banned account brought back by musk and it turns out it's a primary news source for him

Zero Hedge is the source Alex Jones used as ‘proof’ the FBI orchestrated the Sandy Hook mass shooting, and subsequently lost two defamation lawsuits totaling 1.5 billion dollars.

God drat Elon is such a dumb piece of poo poo.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

it owns so much that the song about the murder of Amadou Diallo has been repurposed for and sung over by a white rapper wrestler guy from boston who loves vince mcmahon and is now a South African political song

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol treating a dumbbell like a kettle bell is dumb as hell. You're a billionaire!! Just buy a drat kettle bell!!

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1688090164902473728?t=ie81Q0StJjU160zqxxWG2w&s=19

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
curling a single dumbbell over my idiot head to own my neck and spine

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

[improperly lifts a dumbbell over head repeatedly] my spine hurts! i need surgery!

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

That DICK! posted:

[improperly lifts a dumbbell over head repeatedly] my spine hurts! i need surgery!

Starting out with 90 lbs of weights for overhead presses after not working out for years seems... less than ideal.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Dude could build the ultimate dream home gym with selectorized functional trainers and leg press machines and poo poo and he buys a single 50 lb dumbbell

Zucc is in his prime and Elon is a fat doughy old guy. He's gonna get murdered and it'll probably bolster a future zucc presidential run if he actually does commit manslaughter here

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I don't think Elon's a billionaire, I think everyone bought into that he is and just assumes so, so he gets the black card credit cards etc. He lives like a loving homeless person, I don't even think he actually has a home.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

should i hire a team of nutritionists and fitness trainers to basically do the hard work of getting fit for me, or do i ask someone on twitter to simply give me the biggest weight, for free

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Diabetic posted:

I don't think Elon's a billionaire, I think everyone bought into that he is and just assumes so, so he gets the black card credit cards etc. He lives like a loving homeless person, I don't even think he actually has a home.

I think he did the stupid moved to texas to live in a trailer box (while actually living at a buddy’s billionaire house) but now that he’s back in SF for twitter I have no idea what he does. live in the offices, probably.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

my theory is he is a billionaire but he forgot his bank account info a while ago

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
God it's gonna own so much if he tried to do a kipping pull up on one of those bars you attach to a door frame that's built to fall down and hurt the user

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

he doesnt need a home because he is always at work, working hard. where do his kids live? well,

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ideal finish of Zuck v. Musk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcKh0kctniw

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

That DICK! posted:

should i hire a team of nutritionists and fitness trainers to basically do the hard work of getting fit for me, or do i ask someone on twitter to simply give me the biggest weight, for free

you don't get to be the world's richest man by spending money when you could just get it all for free

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Mola Yam posted:

yes i guarantee elon did the overconfident gym newbie thing of "these exercises don't even feel like they're doing anything! i'm very smart, i bet i could invent a better exercise using this equipment right now."

https://i.imgur.com/uzQkH3c.mp4

Lol the last guy looks like he walked out of a phrenology textbook

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

lol this fight is gonna end up like the fire extinguisher scene in Irreversible

Zuck just hitting Musk’s face like a chimp opening a coconut with a stone, the crowd goes silent, a few people start vomiting

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Microdosing cte

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Elon Musk is unbelievably pathetic

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I have a message from Joe Rogan to Elon Musk, deliver it to him NOW:

All doctors and nurses are libs, you can’t go to doctors anymore. Pain is only temporary, especially if it’s in your spine.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

That DICK! posted:

[improperly lifts a dumbbell over head repeatedly] moi spoine hurwts goimes! i need sergery!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

just wildly swinging a dumbbell around until you feel a pop

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

shyduck posted:

just wildly swinging a dumbbell around until you feel a pop

Its called AMRAP fuckin’ dweeb. :smuggo:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

i really wish the fight happens because it would be epic to see musk do the naruto run in the ring

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

WhyteRyce posted:

i really wish the fight happens because it would be epic to see musk do the naruto run in the ring

he's gonna do the cartoony "arms going in big circles"

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

https://arstechnica.com/space/2023/08/spacex-conducts-a-mostly-successful-test-of-its-super-heavy-booster/

SpaceX conducts a """"""mostly successful"""""" test of its Super Heavy booster

quote:

SpaceX on Sunday performed a static fire test of a new Super Heavy booster at its launch site in South Texas. The ignition of 33 engines proved to be a spectacle, and there were positives and negatives to be taken away from the short-duration test firing.

On the plus side, the rocket—dubbed Booster 9, as it is the ninth to be built as part of SpaceX's iterative design methodology—survived the test and appeared to be in good shape afterward. Also on the positive side of the ledger, the company's radically rebuilt ground systems, with an enhanced water suppression system, appeared to function well in protecting the rocket and the launch pad.

However, the test did not run a full duration. It ended after 2.74 seconds, according to SpaceX's webcast, short of the planned five seconds. Moreover, four of the rocket's 33 main Raptor engines shut down prematurely. This indicates that SpaceX is still struggling with the reliability of its Raptor engines despite intense work to improve their performance. This rocket is powered by "Raptor 2" engines, and SpaceX is working on an upgraded "Raptor 3" version to address reliability.

Even so, Sunday's testing marked a step forward for SpaceX, bringing the company closer to a second launch of its Starship vehicle. A full stack of the rocket includes the Super Heavy booster and Starship upper stage. It is not known whether SpaceX plans to perform additional tests of this booster or gleaned enough data on Sunday to press ahead with a launch attempt this fall.

Accordingly, it is also not clear how far SpaceX is from a second Starship launch attempt. For the sake of comparison, a period of 70 days elapsed between the static fire test of Booster 7, which powered the first Starship launch, and its liftoff. This debut launch attempt, on April 20, failed after engine issues and other problems doomed the flight of the booster stage.

However, the fact that this latest test took place on a Sunday—SpaceX can only close the road leading to its launch site and Boca Chica Beach on a few weekend days per year—indicates there is some sense of urgency with this launch campaign.

SpaceX has made considerable progress since the April 20 launch attempt, which caused serious damage to the company's Orbital Launch Mount and associated ground hardware in South Texas. Most notably, engineers and technicians have installed a large water deluge system and performed what appeared to be a successful test of it on July 28.

This system includes a thick perforated steel plate beneath the rocket through which jets of water are fired to offset the heat and acoustic energy of 33 Raptor engines firing simultaneously. On Sunday, the result of this new water deluge system was the production of an immense amount of steam, as intended.

During the April launch attempt, the lack of a sound suppression system led to significant damage, including the rupture of concrete chunks from the launch pad that rained down debris for miles around the Starbase location. That is one area of concern being looked at by the Federal Aviation Administration, as SpaceX seeks a new launch license; and it is also the subject of a lawsuit filed by environmental groups against the Federal Aviation Administration to stop the issuance of a new license.

It is likely that SpaceX collected copious amounts of data about the performance of the revamped launch site and water deluge system on Sunday in order to provide information needed by the Federal Aviation Administration as part of the launch licensing process.

Another issue yet to be resolved is the rocket's flight termination system, which would be used to destroy the rocket in case it veers off course during flight. Just less than 90 seconds into its debut flight, the Super Heavy booster's flight termination system was initiated. However, there was about a 40-second delay between the initiation of the system and the rocket breaking apart.

This time lag posed no safety issues with the rocket safely offshore, but it is an unacceptable lag for a system that is supposed to terminate flight almost immediately. Several days after this launch attempt, SpaceX founder Elon Musk said the problem could be solved with a "longer detonation cord" to make sure the propellant tanks are fully unzipped rapidly. However, he acknowledged that working through this issue with the Federal Aviation Administration may take some time.

"The longest lead item is probably requalification of the flight termination system," Musk said. Neither he nor the Federal Aviation Administration has provided any updates since.

the test lasted half as long as intended and 10% of the engines failed in that time

those are the raptor 2 engines (new) (beta), but the raptor 3 engines (perfect) (out next week) will fix everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

WhyteRyce posted:

or the walk version of it at least