Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Macichne Leainig posted:

Yeah Colorado is yearly. I live in Colorado Springs which is medical only basically and I'm fairly certain the place I go to basically rubberstamps your application if you have a qualifying condition (which is how it probably should be imho)

Aside from the doctor ranting about government subsidized healthcare in Canada for like 5 minutes straight. Just nod n smile, sign my papers please ty

How is Colorado medical only? I have walked into weed stores in Denver without any medical hoooha and bought weed no problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Friend you might want to read the post again :)

Aug 6, 2023

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

Dosing capsules are so loving awesome

yeah they own I'm super duper high gonna order pizza

edit: I kinda zoned out while hitting the bong and accidentally took way too big of a hit and coughed a bunch.

Hellblazer187 fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Aug 6, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

How is Colorado medical only? I have walked into weed stores in Denver without any medical hoooha and bought weed no problem.

Colorado Springs is where the Airforce Academy is, there's no rec allowed there

8523_2
Aug 6, 2023
Only megadoses of Dementia

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

MrQwerty posted:

Colorado Springs is where the Airforce Academy is, there's no rec allowed there

Don't forget that we recently voted to tax recreational pot sales, but voted against making recreational pot sales legal within city limits :thunk:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lol

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
been smoking weed with my homie all weekend, he got a pina colada flavored cart from CO and it's real nice. also got some nice other drugs and that's been real swell. :D cheers to all your rockers out there.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Hellblazer187 posted:

yeah they own I'm super duper high gonna order pizza

edit: I kinda zoned out while hitting the bong and accidentally took way too big of a hit and coughed a bunch.

Coughing gets you higher maan

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

I love marijuana. It's kinda iffy and I can't guarantee the experience, but it's worth the rolls when it hits

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I was in the workshop all afternoon getting high with my friends and working on projects. It was great.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

I broke my bong so I'm looking at newfangled smoking devices. What should I try, goons?

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Karma Comedian posted:

I broke my bong so I'm looking at newfangled smoking devices. What should I try, goons?

Pizza box and some accordion material, make a little hole in the top of the box. :dukedog:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
this thing called 'a bigger bong'

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Naw the bong was plenty big enough.

So I'm looking at the dynavap, I see a lot of y'all use it and like it. I've never really used a dry herb vaporizer before but it seems simple enough. Does it live up to the marketing hype?

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Yeah it's a great device. Get an FMJ copper thing to put on it, and consider running it through a bubbler for that super smooth vapour.

Thinking about getting a little induction heater for mine.

ktonastya
Aug 23, 2006

I'm afraid I just "blue" myself

My wife and I love our dynavaps. They also now have the new caps that perform like the fmj that work well. The Vong g works great with our bong. We both use cheap butane torch lighters with our individual dynavaps with no problems. Also been considering a induction heater as well

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Karma Comedian posted:

dynavap all the way

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I've gotten a couple Arizer desktop vapes and they are a good design

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Karma Comedian posted:

Naw the bong was plenty big enough.

So I'm looking at the dynavap, I see a lot of y'all use it and like it. I've never really used a dry herb vaporizer before but it seems simple enough. Does it live up to the marketing hype?

ReelBigLizard posted:

Yeah it's a great device. Get an FMJ copper thing to put on it, and consider running it through a bubbler for that super smooth vapour.

Thinking about getting a little induction heater for mine.

This is the gist of it. Dynavap + FMJ is great and pretty cheap. I'd call the FMJ the only mandatory upgrade.

It's about a close to a bong hit in terms of front loaded impact, but you get to enjoy the flavor of weed as well (weed actually has flavor when you don't burn it, who knew)

If you like that, then a nice water bubbler is a great, relatively inexpensive upgrade. After that an inspire induction wand to get the heat perfect every time.

Actual starting point;

I've tried most of the dynavap models out there, and IMO best value is the M+ (M plus) model and a simrell FMJ attachment (or make your own copper wrap). Better bowl shape for heating, and all metal so it'll basically last forever and you'd have to work really hard to break it.

If you already know you're going to go with a water bubbler then the Vong might be better.

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

It took me like 10 uses before I gave up on butane lighters and bought the ispire wand. I don't know how you guys do it with the torch. I kept getting some combustion every time. Was that because I didn't get the FMJ?

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

I’ve got a dynavap arriving in the mail today, very much looking forward to trying it out

on a related note, why did it take so long for me to discover that I can just go online with a credit card now and order some weed high THCa flower and get it delivered right to my door in Texas?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Spaghett posted:

It took me like 10 uses before I gave up on butane lighters and bought the ispire wand. I don't know how you guys do it with the torch. I kept getting some combustion every time. Was that because I didn't get the FMJ?

you learn to time it pretty well per your torch, but yeah you make some horrible errors along the way. also I keep going back to just a regular chillum cause the dynavap goes through weed way faster than I get high.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Blotto_Otter posted:

on a related note, why did it take so long for me to discover that I can just go online with a credit card now and order some weed high THCa flower and get it delivered right to my door in Texas?

lol I'm in the same situation, I need to try some of that stuff and see if it's real and works. I've gotten cbd weed in the mail here through sites but never thca weed (lol it's just weed).

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Thanks, I knew I could count on you all.

Carth Dookie posted:

This is the gist of it. Dynavap + FMJ is great and pretty cheap. I'd call the FMJ the only mandatory upgrade.

It's about a close to a bong hit in terms of front loaded impact, but you get to enjoy the flavor of weed as well (weed actually has flavor when you don't burn it, who knew)

If you like that, then a nice water bubbler is a great, relatively inexpensive upgrade. After that an inspire induction wand to get the heat perfect every time.

Actual starting point;

I've tried most of the dynavap models out there, and IMO best value is the M+ (M plus) model and a simrell FMJ attachment (or make your own copper wrap). Better bowl shape for heating, and all metal so it'll basically last forever and you'd have to work really hard to break it.

If you already know you're going to go with a water bubbler then the Vong might be better.

Im looking at the M+ and the Vong because I know myself and am going to want the water eventually.

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I've gotten a couple Arizer desktop vapes and they are a good design

I was looking at something like this too. The Volcano, of course, caught my eye but this looks really fancy. What's everyones favorite desktop one? I had a successful summer season and am gonna celebrate in style.

LifeSunDeath posted:

also I keep going back to just a regular chillum cause the dynavap goes through weed way faster than I get high.

See; this is my concern. I tried the PAX2 once years ago and felt like it just wasted my weed.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

E, ok I ordered some THCa weeds just now, I'll do a trip report when I get em. Hopefully it's not whack rear end hemp weed sprayed with something.

Karma Comedian posted:

Im looking at the M+ and the Vong because I know myself and am going to want the water eventually.

I was looking at something like this too. The Volcano, of course, caught my eye but this looks really fancy. What's everyones favorite desktop one? I had a successful summer season and am gonna celebrate in style.

See; this is my concern. I tried the PAX2 once years ago and felt like it just wasted my weed.

I have a pax 2 as well and it sucks. the dynavap is better but vaping weed does really go through weed compared to the high you get. I can take little chillum bowls and get plenty high, vs like a gram of weed in the vape to get high for just a little while.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Dynavap M + Ispire Wand gives a nice experience that also does dabs. Fury Edge/Rogue + Water pipe adapter + dosing caps for mindless ease of use. And a hearty recommendation for the Arizer desktop. Ive got an XQ2 and I like it a lot.

Any of those alone or in combination are pretty decent from my experience.

The Vong isnt really required unless you want a second dynavap, theres a bunch of ways to use the regular M with water. BB stems, etc, though the Vong is a nice unit.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Sedgr posted:

Fury Edge/Rogue + Water pipe adapter + dosing caps

this is really tempting lol. i like the dosing cap situation, it's annoying to bowl out the dynavap cause I can't just push it out from the bottom with a paper clip like I do my chillum. I'm also assuming this thing works way better than a pax.

e, damnit, I'm in hot purchase mode today wtf:

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Aug 7, 2023

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

LifeSunDeath posted:

this is really tempting lol. i like the dosing cap situation, it's annoying to bowl out the dynavap cause I can't just push it out from the bottom with a paper clip like I do my chillum.

Why don’t you just blow it out like a straw? Easy peasy.

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Vaped weed gives me a more intense high for a shorter period of time. I'm usually higher off one or two rips than I would be on a joint, but it lasts 2 hours instead of 4. Just my experience tho.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Spaghett posted:

Vaped weed gives me a more intense high for a shorter period of time. I'm usually higher off one or two rips than I would be on a joint, but it lasts 2 hours instead of 4. Just my experience tho.

I wonder if that's because you're getting less total psychoactive compounds all together, but more active THC? Vaping pot avoids direct combustion a bit more effectively, but there's still going to be more psychoactive stuff left over in the ABV duff than in the ash remains of a joint.

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

I think it's tar in the lungs.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

well there's your problem, you were supposed to go see Tar, not breathe it

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

LifeSunDeath posted:

this is really tempting lol. i like the dosing cap situation, it's annoying to bowl out the dynavap cause I can't just push it out from the bottom with a paper clip like I do my chillum. I'm also assuming this thing works way better than a pax.

e, damnit, I'm in hot purchase mode today wtf:

This looks almost exactly like the POTV One, which is what I'm using. I guess the Rogue is a bit bigger? Anyways, dosing cap into vape into water pipe owns I love it.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
The SE means Slide Edition and that means the mouthpiece has a rail to slide onto and magnets to help hold it into place.

Much better than relying on tension of my POTV One which does not stay in place without a rubber band anymore no matter how deep I clean it

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rebellions are built on hope.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Macichne Leainig posted:

The SE means Slide Edition and that means the mouthpiece has a rail to slide onto and magnets to help hold it into place.

Much better than relying on tension of my POTV One which does not stay in place without a rubber band anymore no matter how deep I clean it

The POTV One has magnets and a rail also, though. Was there an older version that didn't have that maybe?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

How do y'all deal with munchies if you're trying to be healthy? I'm thinking I might just like, buy a poo poo load of grapes or frozen berries or something. So when I'm like "yes, it is time to shovel obnoxious amounts of food into my mouth" I do less damage to my body than I would with like, pizza or cereal or something. But, open to ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Karma Comedian posted:

You can use a Vong with water but you can use the M with water just fine too:

Pictured:

M+ tip with FMJ on a "bonger" adaptor onto a water orb :orb:. Inspire wand also pictured.

This is basically the optimal for me.