Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

pik_d posted:

Agreed, OP

He’s actually currently injured!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The Danish Robbie Keane

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

vyelkin posted:

The Danish Robbie Keane

lol

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

Højlund is done

jeez writing him off a bit quick are we

Shrapnig posted:

He’s actually currently injured!

Danish Kim Kallstrom!!

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1687855499985731584

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
I'm kinda hoping he becomes their still Danish Lord Bendtner.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
lol PSG is such a clown show

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/aug/06/kylian-mbappe-barred-training-psg-main-first-team-group?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

He won’t train because he’s busy signing the Arsenal papers

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

quote:

Tottenham have rejected the latest offer from Bayern Munich for Harry Kane.

The clubs held talks in London last week, only to remain around £25million ($32m; €29.2m) apart in their valuation of the England captain.

Bayern had a first bid of €70m plus add-ons for Kane rejected in June, before a second increased proposal was turned down at the start of July.

https://theathletic.com/4738573/2023/08/07/harry-kane-transfer-news-bayern-bid-rejected/

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
West Ham United are actually signing a football player

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1688500869031952384?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Is that an AI image

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

It has to be, they're getting so incredibly bad no actual person could be behind it.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i looked up some other images and his ears are just like that to be fair

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1688469514822828032

Matt Turner to Forest is more or less completed

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

TheRat posted:

It has to be, they're getting so incredibly bad no actual person could be behind it.

Nuclear Spoon posted:

i looked up some other images and his ears are just like that to be fair

They're so bad

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

If I were Tottenham I would simply accept 100m for the 30 year old striker who gets injured a lot

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The counter point is that Kane is still really good, but they shouldn't have gotten into a position where he only had a year left on his contract, and also do need to learn how to play without him at some point.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Gonna lol when they get nothing next year

Hope he moves to Arsenal for maximum lols

(gently caress Arsenal)

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
have spurs improved their squad at all? also the last two celtic managers to get a shot at coaching in the league at least had prior experience as a player/coach, this guy is from australia or something? feels like a disaster in the making

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

mila kunis posted:

have spurs improved their squad at all? also the last two celtic managers to get a shot at coaching in the league at least had prior experience as a player/coach, this guy is from australia or something? feels like a disaster in the making

Kulusevski joined permanently, Maddison from Leicester, and they signed a goalkeeper which they desperately needed.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

James Maddison joined and he seems alright I guess

efb

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
they're hosed without new center-backs

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
There could be a lot of mediocre teams. Spurs, Liverpool, and to a lesser extent United and Newcastle have all had underwhelming windows.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

tarbrush posted:

There could be a lot of mediocre teams. Spurs, Liverpool, and to a lesser extent United and Newcastle have all had underwhelming windows.

United have massively improved their midfield and goalkeeper.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

tristeham posted:

they're hosed without new center-backs

we've signed micky van de ven from wolfsburg and a child from blackburn in ashley phillips. we might be in for another, possibly Tosin Adarabioyo from Fulham whose name i had not heard before this summer. i think a tapsoba deal is fully dead at this point

mila kunis posted:

spurs' biggest problem since poch left has been hosed Vibes. ange, by all accounts, is a true Vibesman.

so basically we're hoping to score more goals than the other team in every game

Nuclear Spoon fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 7, 2023

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

tarbrush posted:

Man Utd have had a fairly excellent window plugging every single massive hole in some way or another

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

tarbrush posted:

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

https://youtu.be/21-vW8kyMF0

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

I don't think Mount or Hojland are the answers to their questions. Onana is a big get, sure

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Hojlund is in theory exactly what Man Utd needs (a functioning striker), even if he's got a lot to prove. Mount fixes the massive problem of Eriksen not being able to play more than 60 minutes per game.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheRat posted:

Mount fixes the massive problem of Eriksen not being able to play more than 60 minutes per game.

It also fixes the problem of ever having to rely on van de Beek, Fred, or McTominay again.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Ten Hag's a good coach, so I may well eat my words, but all their bad and mentally weak players are still there. And I will believe in a striker from the league Lukaku thrived in when I see it.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Thanks Ants posted:

The counter point is that Kane is still really good, but they shouldn't have gotten into a position where he only had a year left on his contract, and also do need to learn how to play without him at some point.

With Kane: they won’t win anything and won’t get top four.

Without Kane: they won’t win anything and won’t get top four. They will get 100m though.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

tarbrush posted:

I don't think Mount or Hojland are the answers to their questions. Onana is a big get, sure

I don’t give a poo poo about man utd

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

I don’t give a poo poo about man utd

Replacing, I guess, Shelvey/Hayden, with Tonali is pretty good business and Harvey Barnes is better, albeit much less fun to watch, than Saint Maximin.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I wouldn't be too surprised if Kane signed an extension with a release clause. He's entitled to leave on a free but it wouldn't be the best look

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Shrapnig posted:

It also fixes the problem of ever having to rely on van de Beek, Fred, or McTominay again.

there are 60 games in a season and casemiro's going to miss a lot of those

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

tristeham posted:

there are 60 games in a season and casemiro's going to miss a lot of those

Hey, he was only suspended for seven games last season lol

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Was the game he got suspended for another 3 games his first one back after a suspension for 3 games, or am I remembering it in a much funnier way than what really happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

Was the game he got suspended for another 3 games his first one back after a suspension for 3 games, or am I remembering it in a much funnier way than what really happened

His first game back from suspension was the 7-0 loss to Liverpool, he was then sent off in the first half of the next match. So there was about 100 minutes between sending offs.

E: He also got the first red card immediately after returning from a 1 match ban for yellow card accumulation