Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It's La, as in the French word, they just keep capitalizing the A because otherwise Vince will confuse him with La Résistance

One of my favourite Tetsuya Naito moments was him taking one look at Goto's LA DOJO shirt and proceeding to call him "Señor La Dojo" for the entireity of the feud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/wrestlepurists/status/1688593631731445760?s=46&t=f1rBcF6PkSnOpxVUkq8Lbg

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

At least we're free of seeing him wrestle.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
How many producers does WWE have at this point?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Drakkel posted:

How many producers does WWE have at this point?

Not sure how accurate (NXT/PC also has coaches who aren't listed as producers):

AEW has 9 listed coaches.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 7, 2023

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Roode just joined last week

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
There's enough producers that the thread title is becoming closer and closer to a real thing

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Oh drat THAT'S where Jason Cade ended up?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wow what a career trajectory, he ended his run in the dirty dawgs with dolph ziggler

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I'm glad my boy billy kidman gets to collect a bag. Been watching 2002 wwe recently and on either show every opener is just him and jamie noble trying to get all their poo poo in in 3 minutes

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

yea ok posted:

Don't gently caress with Butterbean

see also: Jackass the Movie

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

There's a lot of broken necks on that producer list :tinfoil:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Begrudging thanks to the senile old rapist for saving us all

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Has there been anything more about Kairi? Hoping that the report was just wrong

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Majinfoose posted:

Has there been anything more about Kairi? Hoping that the report was just wrong

She gave a statement today saying her Japan plans are done around the time the report said she's coming back. I don't get it either, given her reasoning for leaving in the first place was the constant travel left her with so little free time she had no idea what to do when COVID stopped the traveling, but it's happening

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

STAMFORD, Conn., August 7, 2023 – WWE® (NYSE: WWE) today announced that SummerSlam which emanated from Ford Field in Detroit became the most-watched and highest-grossing SummerSlam in company history. The premium live event set new records for viewership, gate, sponsorship and merchandise.

With 59,194 in attendance in the Motor City, SummerSlam generated a record gate of $8.5 million, the largest gate for any non-WrestleMania event ever. It was the most-watched SummerSlam in company history and among the top three audiences in the history of WWE on Peacock.

SummerSlam generated the most sponsorship revenue for any non-WrestleMania event ever with $7 million, up 23 percent versus 2022. Slim Jim®, C4 and Rocket Mortgage were among WWE’s sponsors for the premium live event.

In partnership with special event retail partner Fanatics, merchandise sales were up 60 percent versus the record set in 2021, marking the best performance in company history for any premium live event outside of WrestleMania. On Location packages set a new SummerSlam record, up 47 percent versus 2022.

In addition, SummerSlam became the most-viewed social SummerSlam of all time with over 230 million views and four million hours of video consumed, a 26 percent increase over last year.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
drat that's crazy that must be the biggest wrestling show in Detroit of all time, hey Tony Khan and/or Takaaki Kidani, you're not just gonna take that lying down are you?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it emanated …out of my rear end!!!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://www.tmz.com/2023/08/07/wwe-superstar-sonya-deville-suffers-torn-acl-out-indefinitely/

quote:

Sonya DeVille's run as one half of the WWE's Women's Tag Team Champions has just been put on hold ... TMZ Sports has learned she's suffered a serious knee injury that will require surgery.

Our sources say DeVille tore her ACL during her tag team championship match against Bianca Belair and Charlotte Flair on July 28 in New Orleans on SmackDown ... and will undergo a procedure on Tuesday to fix the issue.

We're told there's currently no timetable for her return to the ring.

DOH!!!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Those tag titles are getting to Cruiserwright Championship levels of cursed.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Where we're going we don't need knees.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

MJeff posted:

Those tag titles are getting to Cruiserwright Championship levels of cursed.
weren't like Asuka and Kairi the longest reigning champs and still only managed to defend them like 3 times because Asuka kept getting singles feuds

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

I feel this shot was overhyped you cant even see hog

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Every champ after the titles were reintroduced:

bartok
May 10, 2006

Maigius posted:

At least we're free of seeing him wrestle.

We? I don't watch this poo poo. I hope he wrestles. Hell I hope he not only wrestles but all your favorites get stuck in months long boring rear end feuds with him.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Kennel posted:

We Tell Stories

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Bard Maddox posted:

We Tell Stories

To be fair, I'm pretty sure several of those happened because of injuries.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

yikes

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

can't believe they gave Nick Aldis a job they could have given Bret Hart

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

bartok posted:

We? I don't watch this poo poo. I hope he wrestles. Hell I hope he not only wrestles but all your favorites get stuck in months long boring rear end feuds with him.

You don’t have to watch WWE to be part of the collective ‘We’ that’s happy he’s locked up in a producer role. He no longer has the risk of even accidentally making us watch him wrestle because he’s in the fed now, so there’s no danger of him turning up on a show ‘We’ might watch.

I personally am thrilled that the wider wrestling world is safe from the most boring loving wrestler on the planet once again, I was worried when he escaped the NWA containment zone.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Kennel posted:

Call me old fashioned, but I think you should have a tag team name if you're going to win the tag team championships.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Vacated is right there.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

But they take women’s wrestling so seriously

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kennel posted:

lmfao

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

If Torrie Wilson is to be believed, then Brock has an absolutely tiny cock.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
third testicle ive seen from a former wwe champion

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

bartok posted:

Cody/Aldis: The Next Chapter

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I remember when TNAmecca wouldn’t shut the gently caress up about magnus being the next big thing or whatever that was gonna save tna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢