Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Runa posted:

Sure, like I said a few posts above,

Hearts friend, I’m cool with you.

I saw a lady getting tackled by PD and her top off. IDK if that’s what it was but it’s what I saw.

:hug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Hearts friend, I’m cool with you.

I saw a lady getting tackled by PD and her top off. IDK if that’s what it was but it’s what I saw.

:hug:

yeah I came out way too strong, the montgomery brawl news was just too fresh in my mind and I didn't do due diligence

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Unless the video is set in a donut shop we can leave cop stories out of this thread

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

as did i, sorry for biting your head off

circular firing squads help no one except enemies and bullet makers

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

ilmucche posted:

The idea of a bunch of dudes swimming in a conga line to queue up at the edge of the water to get out and kick someone's rear end is some funny video game stuff.

Did you mean cue

I certainly did, but now I, too, am enjoying that image in my head

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Runa posted:

Oh so the tweet got it mixed up, my bad

Likewise, I just assumed it was from some later point that the video I had seen hadn't covered.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

goatsestretchgoals posted:

as did i, sorry for biting your head off

circular firing squads help no one except enemies and bullet makers

Hell yeah

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Sentient Data posted:

Unless the video is set at the bottom of a slide outside city hall we can leave cop stories out of this thread

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
IIRC, the silver/gray coating on the mercury rectifier is to stop X-rays or something… like on a CRT

PhotonicInduction has some great vids on them, but I can’t remember if he’s a shithead or not. He sure does complain about “snowflakes” a lot so choose whether you want to click

He’s had multiple
10 years ago:
https://youtu.be/QY6V2syGnZA

2 years ago:
https://youtu.be/2pDcv6g1FE0

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

photonicinduction is the most extremely divorced man this side of scott adams

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

shame on an IGA posted:

photonicinduction is the most extremely divorced man this side of scott adams

He got remarried, didn't he? His new wife is from Pakistan or something I remember him going on about how horrible the immigration process was.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Sometimes divorced is a state of mind

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Ruflux posted:

I swear Teflon will be the modern times equivalent to lead paint, leaded gasoline, radium water and asbestos. It's being used in all sorts of places including frying pans when we know for a fact it wears over time and isn't a very good thing to accumulate in your body. Plus it starts melting if it gets too hot which just adds to the hazard. It should've never become as widespread as it has.

Going back a couple pages to the Teflon chat: are there any non-stick coatings on pans these days that aren't completely terrible for myself and the environment? I am in the middle of a kitchen remodel and got a new induction stove and will have to replace most of my pans and would really like to buy something that is nonstick that won't contribute to whatever cancer I'll surely get in the next couple of decades but its hard to tell if any of the current solutions are just more PFAS types we don't know are terrible for us yet, or are """safe""".

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm ~150 pages behind here but here's a stud pack building a house. Framing starts here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5U753R3N_A

Pouring comes before, stairs and stuff later (with elements of insulation). I don't know poo poo about making houses so this is super interesting to me. I don't know how much these people know about making houses either, so my OSHA sense is for sure tingling from time to time, making for a p exciting show.

If anyone here who knows how to build a house could chime in and throw some light on how they're doing that'd be super cool :)

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Sirotan posted:

Going back a couple pages to the Teflon chat: are there any non-stick coatings on pans these days that aren't completely terrible for myself and the environment? I am in the middle of a kitchen remodel and got a new induction stove and will have to replace most of my pans and would really like to buy something that is nonstick that won't contribute to whatever cancer I'll surely get in the next couple of decades but its hard to tell if any of the current solutions are just more PFAS types we don't know are terrible for us yet, or are """safe""".

If you're concerned about wacky chemicals, you can go for a carbon steel pan. They have a coating ("seasoning") that's polymerized oil from the food you cook (or oil you add to it to initially season it). They're not as slick as a brand new nonstick pan, but if you adjust cooking technique a little bit they can be pretty good.

Of course the seasoning probably has all sorts of wacky chemistry going on with it. Is it any better than pfas health-wise? :shrug: Like burning stuff is sometimes carcinogenic so who really knows.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Karate Bastard posted:

I'm ~150 pages behind here but here's a stud pack building a house. Framing starts here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5U753R3N_A

Pouring comes before, stairs and stuff later (with elements of insulation). I don't know poo poo about making houses so this is super interesting to me. I don't know how much these people know about making houses either, so my OSHA sense is for sure tingling from time to time, making for a p exciting show.

If anyone here who knows how to build a house could chime in and throw some light on how they're doing that'd be super cool :)

Their last video with the trusses made me super uncomfortable. Their 'It's stupid and dumb and might be dangerous! But we asked for some informal advice and got told it should be fine, so let's go!' isn't the sort of thing I want to see.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Sirotan posted:

Eeyo posted:

If you're concerned about wacky chemicals, you can go for a carbon steel pan. They have a coating ("seasoning") that's polymerized oil from the food you cook (or oil you add to it to initially season it). They're not as slick as a brand new nonstick pan, but if you adjust cooking technique a little bit they can be pretty good.

Of course the seasoning probably has all sorts of wacky chemistry going on with it. Is it any better than pfas health-wise? :shrug: Like burning stuff is sometimes carcinogenic so who really knows.
Seasoned cast iron is all natural (TM) carbon polymers and like all high molecular weight carbon it is just looking for the right excuse to kill you.

Like if you want full on my body is a temple? You're stuck with well greased stainless steel or enameled pans. Your personal health is probably fine with seasoned cast iron or teflon for a Bayesian sort of probably compared to what you're eating and what's happening even to well greased pans.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

Sirotan posted:

Buy wooden spoons, spatulas etc. keeping the coating on the pan is the best defense.

Also induction stoves are great. After cooking on lovely electric stoves forever, having actual control of the temperature is a game changer.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

BlackIronHeart posted:

Their last video with the trusses made me super uncomfortable. Their 'It's stupid and dumb and might be dangerous! But we asked for some informal advice and got told it should be fine, so let's go!' isn't the sort of thing I want to see.

I am always ranting about this, but I like construction/crafting etc videos a lot, but can barely watch anyone these days because the people who did interesting projects are doing absurd unsafe things and it's really infuriating that these people have large audiences of often younger people.

Louise Weisse has done some weird and interesting projects, but the latest was a duct tape raft that he and 3 other people with zero experience rafting took down category 5 rapids. Zero interest or attention paid to safety. Didn't consult guides, didn't even really do tests down a small choppy river. Just right to, "ready to see the gang get pinned under a rock on the rapids? Let's goooo!" gently caress off. Half these assholes survive by the luck law of having no idea how dangerous what they are doing is.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

BlackIronHeart posted:

Yeah I hadn't seen that one myself before just now, that does seem super sketch.

The other ones back to the framing one I linked above didn't seem as wack to me, but maybe that ain't saying much lol

e: they did seem to do some osha positive material a year ago fwiw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_fxXGb8t_k

Karate Bastard fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Aug 7, 2023

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ryylm59K3y1r0uzl6.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rz09keBti81r0uzl6.mp4

ekuNNN fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Aug 7, 2023

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

McSpanky posted:

Not OSHA exactly, but if being knocked out of your shoes means death, what does this mean?

Oh that man is dead.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rz0awndijR1r0uzl6.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rz0b6qU0ha1r0uzl6.mp4

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

zedprime posted:

Seasoned cast iron is all natural (TM) carbon polymers and like all high molecular weight carbon it is just looking for the right excuse to kill you.

Like if you want full on my body is a temple? You're stuck with well greased stainless steel or enameled pans. Your personal health is probably fine with seasoned cast iron or teflon for a Bayesian sort of probably compared to what you're eating and what's happening even to well greased pans.

Cast irons good for that since the seasoning isnt a forever chemical and the pan itself will last for generations even if badly taken care of. Carbon and stainless too.
The answer to most issues just becomes clean, strip and reseason.

If youre addicted to buying new pans there are ceramic coatings. However do mind that a lot of things that sell as stone/granite are just ptfe with stone chips/dust.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Okay, so how do I get this job?

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

zedprime posted:

Evolution is amazing and a lot of the possible carcinogens that occur during cooking aren't really a risk because you coevolved with cooked meat for like a hundred thousand years. You got pretty good metabolic pathways to deal with that.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

ledge posted:

How attached to you are your fingers/extremities?

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

ledge posted:

You have to put m80s in the toilet at high-school, get "expelled" into a secret elite demolitions school originally chartered to clear troll dens but now mostly just blow up haunted mountains.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

explosivo posted:

How attached to you are your fingers/extremities?

Well that depends on the results of this interview, now doesn’t it?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ledge posted:

You get a big drill and some fertilizer and diesel

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

New OSHA Mascot, the PARTYMAN

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

oh well done, releasing a giant Kaiju Dragonfly from its cave chamber. Thats on you, dynamite man.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Motherfucker turned into the Stussy S.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/fdu1CMY.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Noooo Partyman that's not what throw your hands in the air means :ohdear:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Oh dang one of his hands is fully flying off too.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

RDM posted:

Evolution is amazing and a lot of the possible carcinogens that occur during cooking aren't really a risk because you coevolved with cooked meat for like a hundred thousand years. You got pretty good metabolic pathways to deal with that.
We coevolved with the sun since before we were even human and have amazing processes that control and arrest UV catalyzed radical propagation before they reach critical proteins or DNA and have amazing DNA error handling in case it does but I'm still going to put on sun screen. Heating proteins and fats until they scream and turn into nitrosamines and unsaturated/aromatic hydrocarbons are sometimes foods.

I don't practice nearly what I preach here but I do enjoy putting what we know on the table to help determine what needs to be sometimes-behaviors. You will probably live a full life even if you roast redmeat on a cast iron pan over a smokey fire, shirtless at noon smoking a cigarette and let the leftovers sit in the fridge for 2 weeks before you finish them off. But what if you don't?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Oh dang one of his hands is fully flying off too.

"They said draw him getting degloved."

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

ledge posted:

Did some quarry blasting in college. Gotta admit it was pretty dope.

There aren't too many blasting courses around, but you might be able to find one at a specialized community college or something. Thats where I did mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Captain Hygiene posted:

Noooo Partyman that's not what throw your hands in the air means :ohdear:

This is exactly what Chubby Checker was talking about though.