Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Living tribunal cache sucked because he was bad when it was available then they immediately made him better after it was over

Yeah. I got stupid lucky because I didn't open him when he was a featured card, but got him as my 4th cache the following week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

FlamingLiberal posted:

It’s been datamined, but here is the schedule-

This week- Galactus, Nimrod, Spider-Ham
8/14- Lady Deathstrike, MODOK, Stature
8/21- X-23, Nebula, Silk
8/28- Silver Samurai, Kitty Pryde, Spider-Man 2099

Thanks for this. I already have all 3 next week so looks like I'm staring at that little red number for a while longer.

Not looking forward to the upcoming Nimrod/Galactus meta

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
Currently grinding medals with this deck, my PB is infinite 3 however so I might be on to something. I feel like Kang is secretly good in Conquest because he creates uncertainty. It’s like Mysterio, except your opponent has to decide if each snap is real or not. You can also bully your opponent with Daredevil too.

# (2) Carnage
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Wolverine
# (2) Cloak
# (3) Electro
# (3) Venom
# (4) Shuri
# (5) Kang
# (5) Nimrod
# (6) Knull
# (6) Galactus
# (6) Destroyer
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2xvYWsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVsZWN0cm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNodXJpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaW1yb2QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktudWxsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZXN0cm95ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRhcmVkZXZpbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FybmFnZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2FuZyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV29sdmVyaW5lIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHYWxhY3R1cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmVub20ifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010
I didn't have much time for Snap this week but I still managed to get through Infinite Conquest on my 2nd try. Seems like the best time to do it - people are throwing around some real wacky decks. I lost I think 2 HP in all 5 matches, the last one was a guy running some weird Zabu + Darkhawk + Thanos Control patchwork who didn't take a single point off me. The Stature OnlyStats list remains incredibly good, most important thing is making sure you don't have priority so you can snipe them on turn 6 and they can't snipe you. Also spider-ham is a god-tier card in this mode for some reason other players will stick around even if you KNOW their darkhawk/dino/galactus or whatever is a useless pig now

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Mushrooman posted:

Currently grinding medals with this deck, my PB is infinite 3 however so I might be on to something. I feel like Kang is secretly good in Conquest because he creates uncertainty. It’s like Mysterio, except your opponent has to decide if each snap is real or not. You can also bully your opponent with Daredevil too.

# (2) Carnage
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Wolverine
# (2) Cloak
# (3) Electro
# (3) Venom
# (4) Shuri
# (5) Kang
# (5) Nimrod
# (6) Knull
# (6) Galactus
# (6) Destroyer
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2xvYWsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVsZWN0cm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNodXJpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaW1yb2QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktudWxsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZXN0cm95ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRhcmVkZXZpbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FybmFnZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2FuZyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV29sdmVyaW5lIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHYWxhY3R1cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmVub20ifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

if you draw him on five, he's basically free cubes / intel. wish they would re-work him so he'd be worthwhile but everyone already seems to hate him so much :smith:

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
My pet theory is that a lot of times he shows you that you’re going to lose, and people undervalue that. I play him on 6 usually, especially if it’s an 8 cube game. Snapping on Daredevil and after Kang had been good for me, I think because of the psychological effect of you seeing their play.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Stuck in the high 90s still, don't think I'm going to make it

Barely interacted with conquest mode but managed to play it enough today to get the other mystery variant. It was Baby Thor which is fine I guess

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I had someone playing Thanos Control that was extremely irritating earlier. He was always getting the same draws of Prof X and Spider-Man and I couldn't really counter.

This was in Conquest

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

With the free series 3 card resetting, there's only a few big enablers I can really see myself using, mainly Psylocke, Mr. Negative, Shuri, Beast and Dracula.

I don't have a good discard deck, since I'm still missing a bunch of key cards like MODOK, Hell Cow, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, and I also don't have Thor for the Lockjaw slot machine.

I do have Taskmaster and Nimrod but don't have Red Skull for Sauron shenanigans

I can definitely make use of Mr. Negative in a few decks, plus Negative Surfer is top deck right now

Psylocke is a great slot for a lot of decks but I'm not sure she's worth the free pick? Or maybe she is?

And Beast, Bounce fell off pretty bad but I still see it from time to time, so who knows

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I'm 14 cards away from S3 complete. Wong and Surfer are probably the big ones I'm still missing, but Daredevil, Electro or Red Skull would be good to get too.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Is anything dropping? I'm not sure I'm missing any s3

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

I think they've basically ruled out any more series drops haven't they?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

No drops for a while, yeah.

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o
Managed to snag all the Conquest rewards that aren't boosters despite the crazy prices this time around

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I got everything but the infinite tickets and the avatar. The grind was a lot quicker than I was expecting with a good cards deck. Never got more than one win into infinite though

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Nice, I lucked out and the first 3 Spotlight Caches were the advertised cards, so I can save a cache for X-23 week!

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Time to cash in my leftover Conquest medals and spotlight cache for the new week/season.

Thanks game, you shouldn't have.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Good God that Wolverine variant is terrible

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

Opopanax posted:

If the posing made more sense it wouldn't be that bad but what is he even doing? sitting nice and relaxed on a rock with claws out and fist clenched?? looking sad???

cant wait to get use it and have then entire background disappear.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Good news, you only have to play enough conquest this month to get the mystery variants / gold.

That spider-ham variant is great, but I'm hoarding every spotlight until Jeff is here. Mostly out of principle.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

pray for my aunt posted:

Good news, you only have to play enough conquest this month to get the mystery variants / gold.

That spider-ham variant is great, but I'm hoarding every spotlight until Jeff is here. Mostly out of principle.

That's where I'm at. Ham would nice, Jeff seems essential. I guess I could use some of my 12000 tokens but I would rather hoard those too

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

there's only one mystery variant in the medal shop this season, but prices are cheaper.

do we know if any cards coming out this month will begin in S4?

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Jehuti posted:

If the posing made more sense it wouldn't be that bad but what is he even doing? sitting nice and relaxed on a rock with claws out and fist clenched?? looking sad???

Anime varient, so sitting around guns out looking sad seems pretty appropriate.

(Also it looks like they dropped conquest prices at least a little bit?)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh good a season pass I can ignore. Unless Daken is insanely good and a must have. Now it had been Laura, yea i'd grab it in a second.
I do like the Magneto variant though.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Uh, bishounen Wolverine owns actually

let him be beautiful for once

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Fate Accomplice posted:

there's only one mystery variant in the medal shop this season, but prices are cheaper.

Full S5 this month and two S4 next month according to datamines

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Got Spider-Ham by opening one cache. See you in two weeks.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

yep, agreed. but there is a good amount of folks who love the animes, and more anime is coming...

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Wanted Galactus, got ham variant. I guess that's second best prize aside from a good new random s4/5 card

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Fate Accomplice posted:

They've all been officially announced as S5. One of the news sites mistakenly listed Lady D and Silver Samurai as being S4 and had to issue corrections.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

URGENT WARNING

Under no circumstances use the Nuverse shop. It's not secure - it will give your bank details to anyone who has your Snap ID.

Update: the function to save payment information has been removed from the shop to prevent this from happening. It should be safe to use again.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Aug 8, 2023

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Huh, got some good mystery variants from a level up cache and the ranked reward, Dan Hipp Wolfsbane and Bast. Better than pixel or chibi variants of characters I never play at the least.

Going to be hard to decide what series 3 card to look out for this month. Mystique, Taskmaster, Mr Negative or Surfer all seem like pretty good ones.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Aug 8, 2023

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Mystique is easily the most value there, she's key in a lot of decks and usable in a lot of others. The others are key cards to only a single deck (ones that often have Mystique, too)

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
Oh no, I didn't realize I was series 3 complete until I didn't get a free card choice today :(

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Man, I played so much conquest last season I almost forgot how to play standard.. There are subtle nuances between them since you just have the one shot with standard.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Someone just pointed out that Daken has no nipples.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Nonstop stream of Sera decks this loving blows
Just let me dick around with the new card

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Jedit posted:

Someone just pointed out that Daken has no nipples.

Just glanced through my cards and none of the bare-chested men have nipples

Except Mojo :gonk:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I'm proud to announce that 3099 kazar does indeed have nipples

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Daken absolutely has a nipple.

Just the one though, from what I can see.