Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Carson Wentz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Cavauro posted:

do your top 10 immediately
No u

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'll do my top 5.

Bears
Packers
49ers
Chargers
Bengals

And bottom 5:

Jets
Dolphins
Commies
Jags
Chiefs (cause it's racist)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

mcmagic posted:

Chiefs (cause it's racist)

what

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mcmagic posted:

I'll do my top 5.

Bears

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I like the Dolphins, Raiders, Steelers uniforms. Classic and great!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Arrowheads are racist, even though they aren't Native American-specific and are just a sharpened rock.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

Arrowheads are racist, even though they aren't Native American-specific and are just a sharpened rock.

Thank you for educating me.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Lol this is hilarious. The bengals and bucs? Ok

He clearly likes teams with relatively classic schemes. The bengals look more or less like they always have, and the bucs have the creamsicles.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

kiimo posted:

Also there is 0 indigenous origin to the team, they're named after the old mayor of Kansas City and are using the mascot and theme around that for branding purposes

But also their uniforms are poo poo without the ketchup + mustard IMO

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

kiimo posted:

That’s a bit disingenuous. The combination of a stone arrowhead and the name chiefs is very obviously evoking a stereotypical image of Native Americans. It’s no R-words or Indians but it’s at least as straightforward as eg the Braves. They aren’t named for Mousterian stone tools, come on

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Someone with brain damage is critiquing nfl style

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

DeimosRising posted:

That’s a bit disingenuous. The combination of a stone arrowhead and the name chiefs is very obviously evoking a stereotypical image of Native Americans. It’s no R-words or Indians but it’s at least as straightforward as eg the Braves. They aren’t named for Mousterian stone tools, come on

We aren't talking about the name. Just mcmagic's asinine assertion that an arrowhead with KC in the middle of it is somehow racist

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

a neat cape posted:

We aren't talking about the name. Just mcmagic's asinine assertion that an arrowhead with KC in the middle of it is somehow racist

The other poster is correct. It's the logo of an arrowhead plus the team name plus their stupid chant that puts out big racist vibes.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

mcmagic posted:

The other poster is correct. It's the logo of an arrowhead plus the team name plus their stupid chant that puts out big racist vibes.

What does the chant have to do with their uniforms

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol calling an arrowhead racist

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

is the color red racist too, mcmagic

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

a neat cape posted:

I don’t think you can reasonably divorce the arrowhead logo from the context of the rest of the team’s marketing and history.

Forrest on Fire posted:

Also there is 0 indigenous origin to the team, they're named after the old mayor of Kansas City and are using the mascot and theme around that for branding purposes

They’re named after the old Mayor of Kansas City…‘s racist nickname

quote:

The team’s website said the new identity paid homage to Mayor H. Roe Bartle, who had invited the team to relocate from Dallas.

The name wasn’t meant to refer to Native peoples, the team says, but rather to Bartle’s time as an executive for the Boy Scouts. Bartle founded the Tribe Mic-O-Say, an honor society that appropriated Native motifs and nomenclature, in 1922. Bartle was named “Chief Lone Bear,” a nickname he was known by for the rest of his life.

The "tribe" appropriated Native culture on a wholesale scale. They had "reservations," "bands," and "societies," each with its own regalia and dances. Rhonda LeValdo, a member of the Acoma Pueblo, said she was appalled to learn that the "tribe" was performing its own version of the sacred Eagle Dance.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

DeimosRising posted:

I don’t think you can reasonably divorce the arrowhead logo from the context of the rest of the team’s marketing and history.

Yeah you can.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Feels like a discussion about certain groups in Ukraine is about to break out in here. :v:

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Kalli posted:

Feels like a discussion about certain groups in Ukraine is about to break out in here. :v:

lol

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Eh, the arrowhead plus the name is clearly meant to evoke indigenous folks and that’s Weird in 2023. Not to mention that chant, but I suppose that’s not technically uniform chat. Odd how the crowd does that chant instead of a political cheer for that mayor tho, wonder where they got that idea from

Pontius Pilate fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Aug 7, 2023

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kalli posted:

People from Kyiv drive like this.... While people from Donetsk drive like this!!!!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

you know what's really offensive is the bucs as the fifth best unis in the NFL

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The chant and chop are stupid and I've hated it since the beginning, first for being unoriginal and later for being racist as I grew up.

I agree you can't claim the logo and the team name are unspecific if you are also banging a war drum and doing the chop.

At least people stopped wearing headdresses to games.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Ehud posted:

Creamsicles doing a lot of heavy lifting

To add more fuel to the fire, mcmagic’s uni list is good besides the chargers not being #1, which I think we can all agree upon

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Creamsicles are legit great. Bucco Bruce is everything the arrowhead is not.

And they also get the former girlfriend rebound because the digital clock uniforms were among the worst.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Seems I missed Aaron Schatz left to FTN (never heard of it) and now Football Outsiders is dead. No wonder the site wasn't updated in months.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kalli posted:

Creamsicles are legit great. Bucco Bruce is everything the arrowhead is not.

And they also get the former girlfriend rebound because the digital clock uniforms were among the worst.

Same with the Jags stupid two-tone helmet

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ehud posted:

They have a great lineup of options:

https://twitter.com/fashion_nfl/status/1681337729332948993?s=20

https://twitter.com/fashion_nfl/status/1679145437369073667?s=20

https://twitter.com/PewterReport/status/1682049970701058048?s=20

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

OperaMouse posted:

Seems I missed Aaron Schatz left to FTN (never heard of it) and now Football Outsiders is dead. No wonder the site wasn't updated in months.

Corporate ownership stopped paying their writers. Hard for people to keep working without paychecks.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Yeah I think people just assume Tampa still has the alarm clock font

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

Which would be amazing considering how often they got shoved into primetime with Brady over the past 3 years and a Super Bowl in there too. Christ those alarm clock unis were garbage tho.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

a neat cape posted:

the logo is bad (the newer logo)

T-Square
May 14, 2009

The throwback unis slapping this year would be way cooler if they wore them more than once or twice a season

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Agreed. I dunno why every team doesn't just have a stable of uniforms they can pick and choose from like the Chargers do.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

wandler20 posted:

These look like they could easily be Falcons uniforms.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this arrowhead stuff reminds me of sombrero mario. super mario wearing a sombrero. it brings such joy to everyone. he's absolutely adored except by extremely bored white people who have zero real problems due to their privilege, and they waste all their time on that instead of curing cancer. very sad, and that's what's going on here as well. do better.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Cavauro posted:

this arrowhead stuff reminds me of sombrero mario. super mario wearing a sombrero. it brings such joy to everyone. he's absolutely adored except by extremely bored white people who have zero real problems due to their privilege, and they waste all their time on that instead of curing cancer. very sad, and that's what's going on here as well. do better.

Not just white people are upset

But I would love to see this post in the form of a Kelly political cartoon, A+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If Patrick Mahomes is such a good QB then why hasn't he cured cancer yet?