Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Kirby Super Star power?
This poll is closed.
Beam 3 1.79%
Bomb 3 1.79%
Cook 1 0.60%
Copy 3 1.79%
Crash 1 0.60%
Cutter 5 2.98%
Fighter 5 2.98%
Fire 3 1.79%
Hammer 13 7.74%
Ice 3 1.79%
Jet 3 1.79%
Mike (sic) 14 8.33%
Mirror 11 6.55%
Ninja 5 2.98%
Paint 0 0%
Parasol 2 1.19%
Plasma 4 2.38%
Sleep 9 5.36%
Starship 5 2.98%
Stone 6 3.57%
Suplex 22 13.10%
Sword 20 11.90%
Wheel 6 3.57%
Wing 6 3.57%
Yo-Yo 15 8.93%
Total: 168 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The developer porting RDR, is Double Eleven, the last game they worked on was Fallout 76.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Honestly I'll take port, I remember liking RDR1, but I can't play it anymore since I had to give up my PS3.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

The developer porting RDR, is Double Eleven, the last game they worked on was Fallout 76.

:oh:

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

I said come in! posted:

From what I see on their Wikipedia page, they're just working on content for Fallout 76. They're not responsible for the game or the state it is in now or any time in the past.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

I said come in! posted:

without context this is misleading. they do a lot of support work, helping out with other games.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I first heard of them in the PS3 days, because they were responsible for a lot of LBP2 costumes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rinkles posted:

without context this is misleading. they do a lot of support work, helping out with other games.

I guess we'll see soon, but from what I can tell this developer doesn't do anything ambitious. This will just be a very bare bones port with zero enhancements for modern consoles. The Xbox Series backwards compatible version at least runs natively 4K.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/1688567464576098304?s=20

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

skate story...

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

PS3 emulation is pretty good now and getting better all the time, so there is a way to play RDR on PC.
Might even get decent frame rates and such.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RDR on emulation can be played at 60fps yeah.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

All PS3 games should be ported so we can leave that fail thing behind

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Dabir posted:

All PS3 games should be ported so we can leave that fail thing behind

Now that's something that would make the PS5 worthwhile, if it could play all of the great PS3 exclusives.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The PS3 is epic.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you like brown sure

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I can play a bunch of cool old Xbox exclusives on modern hardware it壇 be cool if Sony would do the same. It痴 certainly possible

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sakurazuka posted:

If you like brown sure

It's a good color for outerwear to be

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Now that's something that would make the PS5 worthwhile, if it could play all of the great PS3 exclusives.

But the PS5 already has No Games.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The PS3 is epic.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
end proprietary softnhardware

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The PS3 is epic.

I love The Cell

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Games and hardware aside, I have beef with the PS3 for following up the PS1 and PS2's amazing intros and homescreens with whatever lame ui and sound design it thought was futuristic at the time. Like, the first two were ethereal and spooky! I want more horror with my game consoles!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Khanstant posted:

end proprietary softnhardware

That's what she said

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hey a bunch of my friends have made a game that comes out for compooters tomorrow. It痴 very 90s RPG from Japan inspired but with a unique music bars twist in the combat and has lots of great art and funny poo poo. Consider checking it out! https://store.steampowered.com/app/1083790/Deathbulge_Battle_of_the_Bands/

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Blue Labrador posted:

Games and hardware aside, I have beef with the PS3 for following up the PS1 and PS2's amazing intros and homescreens with whatever lame ui and sound design it thought was futuristic at the time. Like, the first two were ethereal and spooky! I want more horror with my game consoles!

Remember how if you left the original Xbox menu on for awhile it would start making little soft murmurs?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Remember how if you left the original Xbox menu on for awhile it would start making little soft murmurs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlS1AQ4YpFg&t=5504s

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the ps2 startup screen's towers changing in number/height based on how many games youve played and how much youve played them owned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq03Z0pzVSM

it looked weird as hell if you actually managed to max out the capacity tho

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Game consoles used to try be spooky or intimidating and now they're just doo dee doo here's more squares, try Disney plus

You bore me

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Endorph posted:

the ps2 startup screen's towers changing in number/height based on how many games youve played and how much youve played them owned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq03Z0pzVSM

it looked weird as hell if you actually managed to max out the capacity tho

How kojimaesque

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

How kojimaesque

I never knew this was a thing about the blocks at the PS2 startup.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Electric Phantasm posted:

I love The Cell

FPS is dipping, gotta buy more refrigerators

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Are there any goons here that live in Scotland? I am visiting in late October.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i finally got home and unpacked my stuff and turned on my pc and installed bg3 but i am actually so tired i think i am phasing out of existence completely

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

i finally got home and unpacked my stuff and turned on my pc and installed bg3 but i am actually so tired i think i am phasing out of existence completely

it's a very, very good game that also has given me the strongest lexx vibes out of any piece of media i've consumed in the past decade, so do with that what you will

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Vermain posted:

lexx vibes

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

Cuphead is kicking my rear end. I知 on world 2 and it took me way to long to kill the first boss I found there. I feel like I知 pretty good at 3D games like dark souls, but everything 2D is so hard for me. So much is happening on the screen at the same time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kefa posted:

Cuphead is kicking my rear end. I知 on world 2 and it took me way to long to kill the first boss I found there. I feel like I知 pretty good at 3D games like dark souls, but everything 2D is so hard for me. So much is happening on the screen at the same time.

To be fair Cuphead is one of the hardest video games ever imo.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Kefa posted:

what helps me is only paying attention to the space immediately around the player character. the bosses might be yakking projectiles every which-a-way but most of them don't actually focus on the pc unless they're homing, so narrowing your area of focus keeps you from getting overwhelmed

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

what helps me is only paying attention to the space immediately around the player character. the bosses might be yakking projectiles every which-a-way but most of them don't actually focus on the pc unless they're homing, so narrowing your area of focus keeps you from getting overwhelmed

this is a very good tip for most any bullet heck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I only really got stumped by the Giant Robot boss and to a lesser extent Mr King Dice