Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Ungratek posted:

Good race good winner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Yeah deserved winner. Kinda boring but there was some good strategy if that's your thing, I guess not bad but the least exciting of the three this weekend for me. The xfinity restart at the end was great and it was fun to see if Hocevar could move up through the trucks.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

Virgil Vox posted:

Yeah deserved winner. Kinda boring but there was some good strategy if that's your thing, I guess not bad but the least exciting of the three this weekend for me. The xfinity restart at the end was great and it was fun to see if Hocevar could move up through the trucks.

It's been so long since there has been real strategy used in a race because of the stage breaks it was fun to watch in my opinion. Most stages are like 1 stop regardless of tire wear so to actually get teams going 2 stop vs 1 stop and having the tires actually fall off and the fact that the stages went green all the way actually made it interesting. I feel like the most strategy we see now is like last week at Pocono, flip your track position by pitting with 3 to go if you don't need stage points. You don't exactly need Fatback Mcswain on the box to make those calls, the stages dictate the strategy.

E: I should have prefaced that by saying I'm one of those nerds that will like watch F1 intently to see if Ocon can undercut Gasly for 8th place in a race where every other position is spread out by 5 to 30 seconds.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Noah Gragson got his dumb rear end suspended this weekend by his team for liking a racist meme on Twitter.

Edit: NASCAR has bumped the suspension up to "indefinite"

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Aug 5, 2023

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!

skaboomizzy posted:

Noah Gragson got his dumb rear end suspended this weekend by his team for liking a racist meme on Twitter.

Liking an Instagram post mocking the murder of George Floyd. Get indefinitely suspended you vomit rocket.

Howard The Dork fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 5, 2023

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

In cooler news SVG is gonna drive in the Truck race at Indianapolis.

https://racer.com/2023/08/02/van-gisbergen-to-make-nascar-truck-debut-at-irp/

Howard The Dork fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Aug 5, 2023

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

skaboomizzy posted:

I hope it’s indefinite

Lots of unskillful moves from this dude: trying to punch Ross (while several laps down lol), the dumbass haircut, inability to drive in the rain, causing that giant wreck fest at Road America last year

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Pretty sure he was losing his ride anyways so this is the nail in the coffin

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Howard The Dork posted:

Liking an Instagram post mocking the murder of George Floyd. Get indefinitely suspended you vomit rocket.

Time to bring our very own SRA out of retirement. He's Only smoked a weed not done a racism

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

noah gragson sir you are a disgrace to the baconator

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SRX without Paul Tracy... 0 incident cautions all night.

Also Kyle Busch, 2 SRX starts, 2 SRX wins.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Ungratek posted:

Pretty sure he was losing his ride anyways so this is the nail in the coffin

Yeah I think Legacy was like oh good an opportunity to get this guy out now and start preparing for next year, later bro. I didn't see the thing he liked or retweeted or whatever it was but assuming it was in pretty poor taste and probably against some sort of morality clause in his contract. It just baffles me how many public figure type people will go out of their way to be assholes, and let everyone know about it, and expect nothing to come of it.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

bigbillystyle posted:

Yeah I think Legacy was like oh good an opportunity to get this guy out now and start preparing for next year, later bro. I didn't see the thing he liked or retweeted or whatever it was but assuming it was in pretty poor taste and probably against some sort of morality clause in his contract. It just baffles me how many public figure type people will go out of their way to be assholes, and let everyone know about it, and expect nothing to come of it.

It was a meme liking the murder of George Floyd which…what

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

I need to figure out how to sync MRN/radio audio and the video broadcast

edit: lmaooo Elliot

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Howard The Dork posted:

In cooler news SVG is gonna drive in the Truck race at Indianapolis.

https://racer.com/2023/08/02/van-gisbergen-to-make-nascar-truck-debut-at-irp/

Get the gently caress in.

Also get hosed Chase.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

chris buescher loving rules

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

Huge for that team to do it back to back, nevermind from a short track to a superspeedway. Plus 3 weeks ago they were maybe/hopefully pointing into one of the last playoff spots to now potential playoff contender. If they can orchestrate some stage wins or maybe somehow another win while the team is hot he'll be in the mix. Always love a good underdog and even though it would make Jack Roush happy at least we can say he had to partner with a baseball team and another driver to make his team even half relevant again.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

kidcoelacanth posted:

Yep! If it couldn't be MTJ, I'll take Chris Buescher any day of the week.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

SRX in the dirt tonight at Eldora. Should be rad.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Howard The Dork posted:

I wanted to go, but I'm on the back end of a stomach bug.

I want to die, and it has nothing directly to do with the illness. :negative:

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Hope you’re feeling better soon. Sucks man; this race is rad.

JoLo sounds like he has a cold though…

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Howard The Dork posted:

Half the field out in heat 1... :lol:

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Turns out Shane van Gisbergen can be passed when it's not on rainy streets

Daniel Suarez has some of the worst fuckin' luck

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

What was the Chase E graphic fox ?

edit: thank you AJ for keepin that green!

Virgil Vox fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Aug 13, 2023

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
The back page of the newspaper tomorrow will say that Michael McDowell was taking it to the streets

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

very good race

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

That loving pit stop for 99. God drat.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

A mercifully short indy road course race

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Never expected the 34 to dominate the day like that. I'm not a McDowell fan but happy to see an underdog team put together a total race like that, fun to see.

Funny how the 24, that is completely safe on making the playoffs, couldn't pass tech and got a bunch of penalties. Almost like they cheated the gently caress out of that car to see what they could get away with on cheating up the 9 car for next weekend. I'll be shocked if the 9 doesn't win next week.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Love that McDowell won.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pinecone Sample posted:

The back page of the newspaper tomorrow will say that Michael McDowell was taking it to the streets

:dadjoke: appreciate this right here

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

here's one of the wildest flexes i've ever seen:

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/1692164744143094142

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

here's one of the wildest flexes i've ever seen:

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/1692164744143094142

this looks awesome but unfortunate that there's not a NASCAR app for my television yet, will have to come up a less elegant solution with an HDMI cable

seventimessix
Jul 18, 2011
The site is just embedding their YouTube channel, you can use any YouTube app and see them all.

If anyone hasn't seen it or doesn't remember it you should definitely watch the 2011 Southern 500. It's in my personal top 5 races and is just fantastically entertaining from start to finish.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

seventimessix posted:

The site is just embedding their YouTube channel, you can use any YouTube app and see them all.

If anyone hasn't seen it or doesn't remember it you should definitely watch the 2011 Southern 500. It's in my personal top 5 races and is just fantastically entertaining from start to finish.

from what i can glean, the quality on the site is actually better and the races are tagged with highlight points so you can jump around

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

kidcoelacanth posted:

from what i can glean, the quality on the site is actually better and the races are tagged with highlight points so you can jump around

It's also the only time I've seen picture in picture on Firefox have fast forward and Rewind buttons.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:laffo:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sad that SRX is over again for another year. Every year it's been great.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Sad that SRX is over again for another year. Every year it's been great.

Posted in Discord, but there's an Autoweek story out where Smoke says his vision for SRX is an 8-10 race schedule with around 20 cars. He also apparently let slip they want to run a Winter schedule, possibly in the Southern Hemisphere.

If they can't pull that off and seeing they've already leaned into the Thursday Night Thunder theme, Winter Heat in the Southwest/Florida, anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sam Mayer doing the loving needful :getin: