Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Went through this person's permaban into The Master Plan thread, and

AYBraham posted:

The Challenger: Redjakk

Redjakk posted:

I'm Redjakk and I'm volunteering for the Master Plan.

Zip Code [REMOVED - AA]

I was an overweight slob with no friends once upon a time but a lot of personal reflection and hard work changed that. I've got a decent job now, a lot of friends and I'm out in groups and at parties most nights of the week. I'm pretty happy with the life I have today except for one major issue. I have terrible followthrough with ladies.

I don't have any problems talking to them for hours on end and I've got dozens of numbers in the last year but I tend to end up just staring at them and deleting them a few days later because I've got a critical hangup on rejection that keeps me from manning up and calling them. Similarly, there's been several girls that I hang out with that seem interested and say things that seem to be hints they're dropping but I'm too worried about what would happen if I'm reading the signals wrong to do anything about it.

The times that I've actually gotten anywhere in the last year are when they're either all over me right that very minute to go home with them now or we find each other on Facebook and chat a bit before hand. I'm volunteering for this thing because I need something to motivate me to get over my social hangups and start enjoying life completely.

The Challenge:

AYBraham posted:

YOUR TASK:
The Master Plan demands that you go to your local Costco during a weekday lunch Hour, and use Pickup Artistry Methods (aka "PUA", or "The Mystery Method") on every single lady there that is offering giving free samples. You must take photos of each of the "HBs", and provide a trip report on what methodologies you used on each particular. Be respectful, but at the same time don't "put the pussy on the pedestal", as the phrase goes.

Bonus Points:
Actually get the digits of a Costco Free Sample lady, and follow up with her 3 days after.
:ohno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

EorayMel posted:

;) Trolling. Would have been a light probation but we're cracking down on people with lots of probations so I think it's fair to ban a guy with 5 prior probations, don't you? ;)

quote:

You don't have to like the show and there's nothing wrong with saying as much but I don't really see why you decided to be a complete dick in here. Too bad, if you hadn't been a dick FIVE other times you would have just gotten 12 hours for that post.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
...what show?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

...what show?

Cow and Chicken, of all things

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

That's a lot of novelty probes. The sentence is death

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

BeautifulFreak was right

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Fair is fair.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yup, Abe was garbage alright.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

How little power can a person get drunk on

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
The less power, the more drunk on it.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

He was like a hedonistic Roman senator that drank too much water from the lead pipes and forgot he wasn’t Caligula

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

5 probations is the cutoff? This is very concerning

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Arivia posted:

Cow and Chicken, of all things

I'm glad he's banned

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
We're operating like the American justice system, where it's comedy sixer, comedy sixer, permaban

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Philippe posted:

We're operating like the American justice system, where it's comedy sixer, comedy sixer, permaban

jeffrey epstein didn't autoban

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

bawk posted:

jeffrey epstein didn't autoban

He created an "AMA about paedophiles among the social elite" thread and put the ATTENTION tag on it. Same difference.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Kazinsal posted:

I decided to lick some sodium hydroxide and also a nine volt right next to each other with a quick rinse between the two. The flavour is definitely the same.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

That thread has all sorts of people tasting all sorts of things.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The full post:

Kazinsal posted:

Out of dipshit goonery I decided to lick some sodium hydroxide and also a nine volt right next to each other with a quick rinse between the two. The flavour is definitely the same. NaOH is a bit more knife-like and a nine volt is a bit more persistent, but the way they react on the taste buds seems to be the exact same. Sharp, acidic, and electrical, but not particularly offensive.

This loving website I swear

I want to know what "knife-like" means here.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ultrafilter posted:

The full post:

Sharp, direct, acute trigger of specific pain receptors rather than a broad activation of both rapid response and long term response receptors.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

ultrafilter posted:

Only one way to find out:
https://www.amazon.com/Sodium-Hydroxide-Grade-Caustic-Pound/dp/B07KNR9SVF

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

You dont have a recommended 9V?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"NaOH" is also a good onomatopoeia for the sound I make when I read about goons tasting sodium hydroxide

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Grassy Knowles posted:

You dont have a recommended 9V?

Duracell has a slight hint of cardamom. While Rayovac tastes like generic cereal.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Antivehicular posted:

"NaOH" is also a good onomatopoeia for the sound I make when I read about goons tasting sodium hydroxide

:d:

Discussion Quorum posted:

Was it sodium funny you forgot to laugh?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Antivehicular posted:

If you wanna make this weird (and you know you do), there's a whole thread about weird/dangerous chemistry on here. The sheer number of Goons who have sampled WEIRD poo poo is perhaps higher than you would expect, which says something, this being SA and all:

"PYF Dangerous Chemistry: OHNONONO you incredibly foolhardy man don't touch that:"

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3602006

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Is that the one where someone posted about drinking mercury once (as a small child whose dad was a chemist and irresponsible about storage)? Because I've read that post, and wow

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the post for reference

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
jesus

about the only irresponsible thing I ate as a kid was an entire jumbo bottle of tums because I thought they were candy and my parents didn't think I was stupid enough, or that tums tasted good enough, for someone to eat an entire bottle of them

paramedics fed me charcoal and I had to vomit a whole bunch to get it all out, couldn't eat tums for like 20 years without getting nauseous.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:nolan: I disagree with your film review and so I shall ban you. :nolan:

antihelei posted:

Directed by: Sam Martin
Starring: Eddie Izzard, George Clooney, Matt Damon, Bernie Mac

dude u guys take this poo poo way too seriously just give up on it seriously the paper is never going to run those crappy reviews u have been writing in you're moms basement for the last 15 years since you graduated from whatsamata university with a degree in journalism. seriously you have no taste and no ability to explain what you're talking about.

RATING: 4.5

PROS: Star Cast, Interesting Cinematography
CONS: Too Ambitious

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0349903/

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

the post for reference

note the username was originally 'fizzymercy', this is the only time I have ever seen a 'mods plz' pan out.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Oh yeah, you can even see the older name in the edit line, I appreciate that.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

That's great, I always remember the funny username but I didn't realize it was a cute modification :v:

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

EorayMel posted:

:nolan: I disagree with your film review and so I shall ban you. :nolan:
I don’t have archives but I’m more interested in the context behind their permaban reason:

quote:

Will never amount to anything AND insulted my darling Flipper.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Drinkslinger posted:

I don’t have archives but I’m more interested in the context behind their permaban reason:

I looked it up in the hopes of a laugh, but it's just an unfunny early 2000s-ish slur filled shitpost :ohno:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

flavor.flv posted:

BeautifulFreak was right

should have made the crappon in a hat instead of cow and chicken

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Captain Hygiene posted:

I looked it up in the hopes of a laugh, but it's just an unfunny early 2000s-ish slur filled shitpost :ohno:
Aww, I was hoping for a funny-in-a-look-at-this-trainwreck-kinda-way angry meltdown about the film Flipper

Oh well

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
(thread title: Why Do You Have to Pay 5 Bucks To Get An Avatar?)

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I want your opinions

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Wait it takes your platinum away now???? What the gently caress this joke is gonna tear through my 20 piece

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I vaguely recall it became a whole Thing that fizzy had sampled just about anything you can imagine/survive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Emzedoh posted:

Check it out if you remember recursive cow milking fondly.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

I absolutely do not