Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Sedgr posted:

Good stuff!

Thanks!

RIP Syndrome posted:

Interesting styles. Feel like sharing the prompts?

It was a chaos prompt, unfortunately. I used /describe on some images and then used a bunch of terms from the results to cobble together prompts until it was giving me the output I wanted. I then used --chaos 20 and 50 on that resulting prompt to generate more images. The "base" prompt if you want to call it that was this:

pointillist portrait, dynamic posing, intimate close-ups, dithering, glitchcore, fractured pixelscape purgatory, experimental colour, aggressive abstract, harsh angles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 7, 2023

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Crapple! posted:

Thanks!

It was a chaos prompt, unfortunately. I used /describe on some images and then used a bunch of terms from the results to cobble together prompts until it was giving me the output I wanted. I then used --chaos 20 and 50 on that resulting prompt to generate more images. The "base" prompt if you want to call it that was this:

pointillist portrait, dynamic posing, intimate close-ups, dithering, glitchcore, fractured pixelscape purgatory, experimental colour, aggressive abstract, harsh angles

Cool, I've been chasing some of those exact words! Been experimenting a lot with styles in general. Right now I'm testing applying it in a separate step. txt2img with the DreamShaperXL model:

quote:

manic pixie girl on a postage stamp, mint condition

Even came with a little silhouette top left. Then img2img with CrystalClearXL, a high denoise and CFG:

quote:

colorful, right angles, straight lines, diagonals, street art, cmyk

Kept the postage stamp framing too. The CrystalClearXL model pixaal and Kaker posted is very good.

Dick's Fick Dozr

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug
SDXL is behind 1.5 models on some things the community has been actively training into 1.5 for months, but the quantity of consistent ideas it can put together from simple random-rear end prompts compared to any of those is stunning.

"An exterior view of the McDonalds in Skyrim, PS3 screenshot"

"An exterior view of the McDonalds in Fallout New Vegas, PS3 screenshot"

"The NASA mascot standing on the street corner at a strip mall, holding a sign for rocket rides."

"A 1978 Dodge conversion van with a painting of a cool fantasy wizard on the side, alongside a mountain highway"

This one took some inpainting and artist cues (Boris Vallejo and Frank Frazetta.)

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

RIP Syndrome posted:

Cool, I've been chasing some of those exact words! Been experimenting a lot with styles in general. Right now I'm testing applying it in a separate step. txt2img with the DreamShaperXL model:

Even came with a little silhouette top left. Then img2img with CrystalClearXL, a high denoise and CFG:

Kept the postage stamp framing too. The CrystalClearXL model pixaal and Kaker posted is very good.

Dick's Fick Dozr

These are neat. I don't know much about those other programs. Is that how you got the picture to appear on the wall like that? Every time I try to do something like that I can't seem to get anywhere other than by accident

Somehow missed these. That's a really cool style. I love hitting on a really good style or idea and then just making dozens of different images

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Kestral posted:

A1111 struggles with SDXL at the moment. Currently a lot of folks, myself included, are using ComfyUI to get around this, because it is enormously better optimized for SDXL, at the cost of caching the models in RAM. Comfy is… a trip, and frankly I don’t enjoy using it, but it’s undeniably very powerful.

I'm using SDXL with A1111 and it works fine.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Killer robot posted:

SDXL is behind 1.5 models on some things the community has been actively training into 1.5 for months, but the quantity of consistent ideas it can put together from simple random-rear end prompts compared to any of those is stunning.

"An exterior view of the McDonalds in Skyrim, PS3 screenshot"

"An exterior view of the McDonalds in Fallout New Vegas, PS3 screenshot"

"The NASA mascot standing on the street corner at a strip mall, holding a sign for rocket rides."

"A 1978 Dodge conversion van with a painting of a cool fantasy wizard on the side, alongside a mountain highway"

This one took some inpainting and artist cues (Boris Vallejo and Frank Frazetta.)

:swoon: I guess imma have to try that. Anyone using it on a Silicon Mac?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
my boss used the phrase "hill of beans" which I was unfamiliar with. was curious what came up, enjoyed this clearly appalachian one

bury me under the bean hill when I die

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Who let the bear into the halls again! A spaceship is no place for a cybernetic bear

e: related doom vibe

pixaal fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 7, 2023

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Crapple! posted:

These are neat. I don't know much about those other programs. Is that how you got the picture to appear on the wall like that? Every time I try to do something like that I can't seem to get anywhere other than by accident

Yes, that's how. But also, it's always like panning for gold.

txt2img takes a text prompt and gives you pictures like MJ. img2img takes an existing picture and modifies it according to the prompt. By giving it something with a "frame" (like a postage stamp), you're suggesting that the modified picture should also be framed by something. For street art, that's likely to be physical boundaries or obstructions, like the edge of a wall or some other object. It makes it easier for the diffuser to imagine there's a physical setting around the picture and to conjure that up somehow.

Same input image, but with different prompts:

a pixelized glitchy portrait on an old glowing phosphor computer monitor, shiny glass, reflective

minecraft

There are more advanced ways to do this, like using ControlNet with a depth map for guidance, or using a ComfyUI workflow (I guess, haven't had a chance to try yet).

Crapple! posted:

Somehow missed these. That's a really cool style. I love hitting on a really good style or idea and then just making dozens of different images

Hard to choose, but I really liked these.

Have some liminal spaces, but with graffiti:

Gynovore posted:

I'm using SDXL with A1111 and it works fine.

Is ControlNet working yet?

RIP Syndrome fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Aug 7, 2023

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

RIP Syndrome posted:

Dear god, if you're into 'liminal spaces', SD is a hole you can fall into and never come out. An infinite realm of abandoned passages, every picture a gateway to another realm. It's even better when you're stoned.

RIP Syndrome posted:

I haven't reinstalled it yet on my new machine, I'll let you know.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

KakerMix posted:

I gotta check that out. Model is here:

https://civitai.com/models/122822/crystal-clear-xl?modelVersionId=133832

though I have to wonder how they are supposed to enforce money for commercial use. If you don't tell them how are they supposed to know? I get in the corporates world you can have licenses and things but for a bunch of individuals every time someone talks about licenses attached to these models I just go :confused:

I think at this point in the game, nobody's business model actually requires regular revenue, just asking that people be on the honor system in case they somehow manage to figure out how to reliably monetize this later, so they have a legal leg to stand on

"they stole our bleeding edge technology! we demand $200 million in return"
judge: "did you have any revenue from this technology"
"no we were just giving it away for free, with plans to charge for it eventually"

They would probably still award some money but requiring compensation for commercial use costs them nothing and gives them additional IP rights, maybe, IANAL

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Gynovore posted:

Dear god, if you're into 'liminal spaces', SD is a hole you can fall into and never come out. An infinite realm of abandoned passages, every picture a gateway to another realm. It's even better when you're stoned.
I'm been making cybernetic bears for some reason today
Science went too far on this pair

Hadlock posted:

I think at this point in the game, nobody's business model actually requires regular revenue, just asking that people be on the honor system in case they somehow manage to figure out how to reliably monetize this later, so they have a legal leg to stand on
---
They would probably still award some money but requiring compensation for commercial use costs them nothing and gives them additional IP rights, maybe, IANAL

I tested a handful of workflows when I first setup Crystal Clear that I liked from XL they are pretty close in composition but a few much clearer details. I don't think there's any way in hell you could tell the without knowing or being given the workflow and trying it. I'm pretty sure with better descriptions you can likely get base XL looking pretty close. Like I had a penguin eating a fish on a melting piece of ice. Base XL had a small bit of ice on a yellow / pink circular thing. XL put a very similar colored piece of sushi on top of a piece of ice in the same location. It clarified the detail but would XL base have figured it out if I'd said a piece of sushi on top of ice? Neither actually gave me a fish.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Aug 7, 2023

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

The prompt was just "john mccain pez dispenser". I take no responsibility

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

KakerMix posted:

though I have to wonder how they are supposed to enforce money for commercial use. If you don't tell them how are they supposed to know? I get in the corporates world you can have licenses and things but for a bunch of individuals every time someone talks about licenses attached to these models I just go :confused:

Non-scummy businesses don't take risks.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Gynovore posted:

Wait, some of y'all are doing this stuff not stoned? That's, like, half the fun

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Had this pic sitting in a folder for months, now I get to see it growl at me.
https://twitter.com/RomanIsntOnline/status/1688642585806409728

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
SD does not like to share the floor with other dancers. Twice I got a BSOD while trying to run Libreoffice Writer at the same time.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Gynovore posted:

SD does not like to share the floor with other dancers. Twice I got a BSOD while trying to run Libreoffice Writer at the same time.

This sounds like you are stressing some piece of hardware until it breaks. I've run SD while playing a game and SD was actually very nice and took lower priority as long as it had the VRAM. If it runs out of VRAM that's not BSOD that's an error in console (and a BIG hitch on the OS Any playing music gets really distorted for about 30 seconds and mouse movement is choppy like it's missing 70% of the updates but it recovers.

Basically figure out what it is and underclock it a hair or add more cooling to that space. I'd start with system RAM.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Aug 7, 2023

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

I had something similar (hard lockup a couple of times a day), and I noticed it was randomly throwing CUDA errors while using some extensions. When I stopped using Agent Scheduler, the problem went away.

Of course, before trying that I ran memory tests, Furmark, reduced the power cap by 20%, etc. None of that helped. My setup's kind of weird, though, so may not apply.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

RIP Syndrome posted:

Yes, that's how. But also, it's always like panning for gold.

txt2img takes a text prompt and gives you pictures like MJ. img2img takes an existing picture and modifies it according to the prompt. By giving it something with a "frame" (like a postage stamp), you're suggesting that the modified picture should also be framed by something. For street art, that's likely to be physical boundaries or obstructions, like the edge of a wall or some other object. It makes it easier for the diffuser to imagine there's a physical setting around the picture and to conjure that up somehow.

Same input image, but with different prompts:

a pixelized glitchy portrait on an old glowing phosphor computer monitor, shiny glass, reflective

minecraft

There are more advanced ways to do this, like using ControlNet with a depth map for guidance, or using a ComfyUI workflow (I guess, haven't had a chance to try yet).

Hard to choose, but I really liked these.

Thanks I'll have to give img2img a shot sometime. I definitely get the panning for gold analogy. The one time I got something like that picture of yours was when I generated this from a chaos 100 prompt

And then I used the zoom function

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Crapple! posted:

Thanks I'll have to give img2img a shot sometime. I definitely get the panning for gold analogy. The one time I got something like that picture of yours was when I generated this from a chaos 100 prompt

And then I used the zoom function

I want to see what happens when you keep zooming out

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Gynovore posted:

It's a little-known fact that the backrooms are full of other lost people. However, you'll only be able to catch glimpses of them in mirrors, as reflections of nothing. The effect is one way only, and they won't be able to see you - hell, you won't even see your own grim mug reflected back at you, except from specific angles that are so minute it'll only happen occasionally out of the corner of your eye (and what a startle that can be!). Nor is there any sound conveyance.

There are rumors, though, of a lady that roams the hallways. Her footsteps can be heard, light on the soft carpets, sometimes far, sometimes close. Wait, is that her? She's about to turn around -

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

pixaal posted:

This sounds like you are stressing some piece of hardware until it breaks. I've run SD while playing a game and SD was actually very nice and took lower priority as long as it had the VRAM. If it runs out of VRAM that's not BSOD that's an error in console (and a BIG hitch on the OS Any playing music gets really distorted for about 30 seconds and mouse movement is choppy like it's missing 70% of the updates but it recovers.

Basically figure out what it is and underclock it a hair or add more cooling to that space. I'd start with system RAM.

Hmmm. I'm not overclocking anything, and my GPU never goes over 70C. Maybe I'll run a RAM diagnostic.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Fuschia tude posted:

I want to see what happens when you keep zooming out

i mean, I can try it if you like. How many zooms do you want before I post the picture again?

Crapple! fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Aug 8, 2023

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

RIP Syndrome posted:

It's a little-known fact that the backrooms are full of other lost people. However, you'll only be able to catch glimpses of them in mirrors, as reflections of nothing. The effect is one way only, and they won't be able to see you - hell, you won't even see your own grim mug reflected back at you, except from specific angles that are so minute it'll only happen occasionally out of the corner of your eye (and what a startle that can be!). Nor is there any sound conveyance.

There are rumors, though, of a lady that roams the hallways. Her footsteps can be heard, light on the soft carpets, sometimes far, sometimes close. Wait, is that her? She's about to turn around -

My metric test for every new model that's accessible is to input "The Backrooms" and nothing else, just to see if it nails the same aesthetic. Most don't without other promptings ('yellow' usually does it). Instead it's stuff like bars or office closets or hallways. I love the infinite potential for specific types of structures they all have.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Black August posted:

My metric test for every new model that's accessible is to input "The Backrooms" and nothing else, just to see if it nails the same aesthetic. Most don't without other promptings ('yellow' usually does it). Instead it's stuff like bars or office closets or hallways. I love the infinite potential for specific types of structures they all have.

Indeed. Minimal prompts can pack some surprises too. I learned a new word today: eisoptrophobia. When I just slammed that in and nothing else I got these on the first two batches (out of 8 pics total):

It seems to think it's got something to do with ice (which makes sense if you know some German). Cat pic hits hard though.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Kudos to everyone who mentioned ComfyUI and the latest Crystal Clear and SDXL base models. For some reason, on my machine, ComfyUI can pound out a batch of four images in about 25% of the time that the standard backend can, with all of the same settings as before. Is that normal? The UI is a bit obtuse on first glance but it mostly makes sense.

One immediate gripe I have is that it doesn't stop generating images once I hit "queue prompt," despite having defined the batch size to 4 in the "Empty Latent Image" node, and batch count to 4 in the 'extra options' of the queue node. That should net me 16 images total, but it just keeps smashing out four new images every other minute or so.

Here are some of the better results from my first prompt, which won't stop going, and quite frankly I would love to allow to continue indefinitely because these are all loving amazing:

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

"Pull the loving trigger Michael. I don't have balls because they took them. What's your excuse?"

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Nevermind, figured it out. There's a checkbox beside the batch count slider. It's unlabeled, but if you check it, it just keeps re-initiating your queue forever. As a neat workflow trick, you can edit your prompts while it's rendering and it'll just automatically include whatever changes you make in the next batch without needing to be manually restarted, so you can sort of shape what it makes and how it makes it while it's making it.

Which means that, as it pumps out four images every minute or so, I'm altering the prompts after each new set just slightly, which alters the next four. I've cherrypicked the resulting images for this post but you should be able to see a thru-line from start to finish, even if the end shares no resemblance to the earlier images.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Aug 8, 2023

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
I hate to keep spamming this thread but this poo poo is blowing my mind.

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Aug 8, 2023

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Neat! Even the terrifying ones.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

In ComfyUI I'm using a file path save that does the date I grabbed from somewhere I know the entire workflow is embeded but I'd really like to see the seed in the file name when doing a batch and looking for the best seed before upscaling instead of just going with the first random seed and saying good enough time to refine. Especially since it will have been a batch so the workflow will just be like yeah make this batch of 50 images it's one of them! I guess I'll just save it as a plot but then the images aren't full sized but maybe that doesn't matter since I'm going to run it through a different process anyway when I find one I'm happy with.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Aug 8, 2023

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

RIP Syndrome posted:

Alas, Controlnet does not work with SDXL. It doesn't crash or anything, it just ignores it.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

XYZAB posted:

I hate to keep spamming this thread but this poo poo is blowing my mind.

Great. I'll be posting a lot less soon (work), making you the designated spam-slack-picker-upper.

V. cute.

I love these. You don't see that much glitch in AI art (people are usually trying to get away from it), but you can get cool stuff by just throwing in all of the artifacts.

Gynovore posted:

Alas, Controlnet does not work with SDXL. It doesn't crash or anything, it just ignores it.

Hopefully won't be long. SDXL + ControlNet = too much power (a good thing).

e: \m/

RIP Syndrome fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Aug 8, 2023

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Go on yank my chain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

*yanks politely*