Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

poonchasta posted:

In Luck Be a Landlord, does anyone else feel weird when you add Toddler symbols for the purpose of being murdered by General Zaroff?

No honestly I love it. If this game was 2% more popular they'd have to patch that out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

that baby knows what it did

Rapner
May 7, 2013

poonchasta posted:

In Luck Be a Landlord, does anyone else feel weird when you add Toddler symbols for the purpose of being murdered by General Zaroff?

As someone with 2 kids under 3 it probably counts as therapy

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
I beat the 'make number big' version of the game I think

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Resdfru posted:

I've been trying to pull that off with no luck, congrats. It's like the cats never drop at the same time as the cat items

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Sometimes it feels like the game will stop giving me the symbols I need for my items or vice versa.

This run is basically a couple days after beating the landlord using another method and then slowly getting the cats and other stuff I needed since I didn't need to pay rent. The capsule machines are exponential so with 8 of them 1 essence or refresh capsule gets me 256 of them. It basically breaks it but the odds of actually doing that while l trying to pay rent are pretty low

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Resdfru posted:

I don't think I have ever seen that pig symbol before..

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

fyallm posted:

You put some money into it every round and can break it in case of emergency.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

fyallm posted:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Monster Hunter Now is apparently out? Maybe it's because I pre-registered or something, cause I thought it was supposed to be out in September.

Anyway I've played through the tutorial and it seems fun enough to get me out of the house, anyway. It's basically Pokemon Go if you fought and killed the pokemon then turned them into armor.

The fighting system is fairly simple - attack by tapping the screen, hold down to execute a special action (with the sword and shield it's blocking), swipe to roll away when the monster flashes red for an attack. It works for the kind of game it is.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

Morpheus posted:

Monster Hunter Now is apparently out? Maybe it's because I pre-registered or something, cause I thought it was supposed to be out in September.

Anyway I've played through the tutorial and it seems fun enough to get me out of the house, anyway. It's basically Pokemon Go if you fought and killed the pokemon then turned them into armor.

The fighting system is fairly simple - attack by tapping the screen, hold down to execute a special action (with the sword and shield it's blocking), swipe to roll away when the monster flashes red for an attack. It works for the kind of game it is.

looks like a soft launch in a few regions.

https://twitter.com/MH_Now_EN/status/1688784681725030402

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's actually pretty fun. Enjoying it more than Pokemon Go.

Not sure if friends lists unlock at a certain point but already crafting Jagras gear.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Someone should make a game like summoners war where you acquire monsters by exploring ala Pokemon go.

That'd be awesome

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I don't want to go out of my house :(

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't want to go out of my house :(

You can just be one of those PoGo streamers that spoofs their way into downtown Tokyo while steadily gaining weight at their desk.

Silius
Apr 24, 2010
Papers, Please is on sale for $1.99.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.llc3909.papersplease

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

awesome. Have it already...should probably actually play it on my upcoming ten hour flight.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's a fantastic mobile port that the dev made a whole blog about explaining each change he made to the game to make it more playable on phones.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Glory to Arstotzka!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Just bought it, thanks!

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Just played this for 4 hours without noticing the time lol. Don't even remember registering.
It's another Zelda-alike, but I've actually really enjoyed it so far, unlike Genshin or Tower of Fantasy.
It appears to have all the usual game pass things and maybe a gacha too, not sure on that part tbh. Just appeared on Steam too.
gently caress knows if it'll stay fun, or whether it'll hit a paywall, but so far so good imho.
No idea if the story is any good as I generally skip through game stories, bar the odd few. Oh, the music is lovely though, very chill.
Plays fine on my Oneplus 6T on medium, plays maxed 4k on my laptop (unsurprisingly)
Careful if swapping between steam and mobile. It does warn you about out of sync saves but I still nearly hosed it first time.

Here's a code for the usual invite freebie stuff for both.
That's not my reason for posting though, I'm just surprised it's good (so far) (imho) so there's the regular link too if you prefer.

My Invitation code: RSFNOQIPXRHPG001

Dawnlands

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 9, 2023

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Project Beltworks is a Satisfactory clone I stumbled across via a Facebook ad. Really well made and no bullshit yet, so I'm suspicious

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Not available in my country. Looks decent though if it doesn't turn into a "pay 50 gems to finish crafting now" sort of thing.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

m.hache posted:

It's actually pretty fun. Enjoying it more than Pokemon Go.

Not sure if friends lists unlock at a certain point but already crafting Jagras gear.

I wish Dragon Quest Walk was global and not Japan-only. It sounds like an actual RPG with the geolocation gimmick and not just what Pokemon Go does.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Evil Fluffy posted:

I wish Dragon Quest Walk was global and not Japan-only. It sounds like an actual RPG with the geolocation gimmick and not just what Pokemon Go does.

:same:

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hit HR 11 and unlocked a great sword.

Your palico will randomly tag large hunts so you can do them later a limited amount of times a day. Even in my small town there's a bunch of active areas.

Still don't see any way to add friends so maybe that feature is missing?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

m.hache posted:

Hit HR 11 and unlocked a great sword.

Your palico will randomly tag large hunts so you can do them later a limited amount of times a day. Even in my small town there's a bunch of active areas.

Still don't see any way to add friends so maybe that feature is missing?

Yeah I don't think they have any community stuff yet outside of being able to hunt with other people that are around

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

CivRev2 could really use a qualitity of life update for modern Android, or sequel at this point. Hope the franchise is not totally abandoned.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Am I missing something or is the beakception blossom just the worst?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Len posted:

I actually like those quite a bit. It took me a while to figure out how to use them but putting one that faces up below a drop to hold something there while hopefully two others pass by and merge with it works pretty well. The ones facing down will similarly grab and stop a tingii from moving if it can reach it so I like putting those at the end of a dance floor slightly above it so as they get sent to the other side the beaks latch onto a Tingus from above and also ideally wait long enough for two more to come by and upgrade it. I feel like you get a lot of those though and I definitely reroll them a lot.

Now with visuals!

explosivo fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 10, 2023

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Len posted:

It can be pretty good for building up value on a big tingus, like a blue one, but in general yeah, I'm not the biggest fan

If you can get something like this where I'm catching blue hearts, it's great money.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
A big ol "I love/hate you" to whoever got me started on Merge Mayor. It is troublingly addictive. Plus it brainwashed me into downloading one of the ads that I've seen for years and years where you're a king with knights and consorts and I'm similarly hooked on that. What is wrong with me?

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Len posted:

They're not like, my favorite, but you can get a medium efficiency merge by putting one underneath a Short Goose Butt.

The first pair that get born will have one get caught, then when the 2nd pair gets born they'll merge to the next highest level. My current setup has one of those and then they drop into a test tube so I'm ending up with 1 regular baby and 1 triple baby.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
You guys have to try Super Snail

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

is it any good? I keep seeing ads for it

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Mr Hootington posted:

Sorry, too busy with raid:shadow legends

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lone Goat posted:

is it any good? I keep seeing ads for it

Yes. It is made by the gumball and Dungeons people and this game has a lot of moving parts. It is technically an idler, but lol

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Yes. It is made by the gumball and Dungeons people and this game has a lot of moving parts. It is technically an idler, but lol

well ok! I played Gumball a lot until it got to the point where every run took hours lol, we'll see how this goes.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Mr Hootington posted:

Thanks for the reminder. I tried to play a while back but they were not accepting any new users at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapner
May 7, 2013

New Leaf posted:

A big ol "I love/hate you" to whoever got me started on Merge Mayor. It is troublingly addictive. Plus it brainwashed me into downloading one of the ads that I've seen for years and years where you're a king with knights and consorts and I'm similarly hooked on that. What is wrong with me?

Yeah I'm in the same trap.

Although I wish the tournament's were bigger. I'm smashing every one at this point