Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

RIP Test

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Is Magnus the one who’s associated with the sex trafficking guy or is that another bad TNA wrestler

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

History Comes Inside! posted:

Is Magnus the one who’s associated with the sex trafficking guy or is that another bad TNA wrestler

Nah that’s Moose.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Wait, is Test dead??

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Rarity posted:

Wait, is Test dead??

https://twitter.com/IsTestStillDead/status/1515781874873823232?s=20

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=151E65Gld94

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Remembering how Nick Aldous' debut gimmick in TNA was Brutus Magnus the Roman Gladiator, presumably trying to cash in on the popularity of Ridley Scott's 2000 movie Gladiator in 2011, also he was part of the British Invasion stable

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Bros are being bros on X.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

projecthalaxy posted:

dom vs elon will main event wrestlemania

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

History Comes Inside! posted:

But they take women’s wrestling so seriously

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/174091/very-interesting-name-bouncing-around-within-wwe-backstage-notes-from-raw.html

They do, they’re even bringing back Nia Jax to give it some extra star power

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
The only three things I can remember about Nia Jax are

When she was in NXT and they had that really cool video package with BABYMETAL back when NXT was the only alternative to RAW & Smackdown in the US
When her and Flair shot on each other and neither wanted to back down because they're both related to someone way more famous and better at wrestling
When she shouted "My Hole" a bunch

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The only thing I remember is she had some cool gear in her intro packages and then came out for her actual debut dressed like an old timey victorian hot air balloon

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

projecthalaxy posted:

Hunter ain't lying. Refs have flashed the X sign a lot during his matches.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
need tony to announce something on elon's social media site and then live he calls it twitter to get a cheap pop

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Just in time for a rematch with Kairi

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
https://twitter.com/rapmusic/status/1688263038686609408

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

- Cody Rhodes promo

- IC Contender Match: Matt Riddle vs. Ricochet vs. Chad Gable vs. Tommaso Ciampa

- Tribal Combat video

- Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Bronson Reed

- Becky Lynch promo

- Shayna Baszler vs. Zoey Stark

- SPOILER vs. Ludwig Kaiser

- Miz promo

- SPOILER TAG MATCH

- WWE Women's Tag Title addressed

- SPOILER MAIN EVENT

Backstage News

- Valhalla, Jinder Mahal, Maxxine Dupri, Chelsea Green and Rhea Ripley are all at the show

- Nikki Cross vs. Tegan Nox is set for Main Event

- Apollo Crews and Akira Tozawa are set for Main Event against Indus Sher

SPOILERS:

- New Day are set to return to action tonight, against Viking Raiders in the SPOILER TAG MATCH. New Day is supposed to have a backstage segment after that as well.

- There's a video element planned for the WWE Women's Tag Team Titles late in the show.

- The main event is set to get quite a bit of time.

- Becky Lynch is supposed to be ringside for Baszler vs. Stark.

- SPOILER MAIN EVENT: Cody Rhodes, Seth Rollins & Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Judgment Day

- Chad Gable was discussed as a challenger for the IC Title over the weekend. Otis is slated to face Kaiser in a match.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Aug 8, 2023

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lumbermouth posted:

Call me old fashioned, but I think you should have a tag team name if you're going to win the tag team championships.

I agree with you, but unfortunately they can't all be called The Loser Fuckface Nerds.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Gonzo McFee posted:

If Torrie Wilson is to be believed, then Brock has an absolutely tiny cock.

We know he pissed hot at UFC 200

Then again, he did father kids with Sable so the plumbing works. If anyone wants to question his manhood to his face, make sure to have a hospital or morgue on standby.

Probably the biggest amount of unironic cheers that song has gotten in decades.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Seth Rollins is

1. Teaming with Cody against Judgement Day
2. Wearing knee high highlighter yellow Crocs.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Exposing Brock’s cock was revenge against the rubber cock.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Updated the list

pre:
Champion(s)						Duration	Defenses
	[The Boss 'N' Hug Connection (Bayley & Sasha Banks)	49 days		1
	The IIconics (Billie Kay & Peyton Royce)		120 days	3
	Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross				62 days		3
	The Kabuki Warriors (Asuka & Kairi Sane)		171 days	4
	Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross (2)				62 days		3
	Bayley & Sasha Banks (2)				96 days		4
	Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler				112 days	3
	Asuka & Charlotte Flair					42 days		1
	Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler (2)				103 days	6
	Natalya & Tamina					129 days	2
	Nikki ASH & Rhea Ripley					63 days		1
	Carmella & Queen Zelina					132 days	1
	Naomi & Sasha Banks					47 days		2
	Vacant							101 days
	Aliyah & Raquel Rodriguez				14 days		0
	Damage CTRL (Dakota Kai & IYO SKY)			49 days		1
	Alexa Bliss & Asuka					5 days		0
	Damage CTRL (Dakota Kai & IYO SKY) (2)			114 days	1
	Becky Lynch & Lita					42 days		0
	Liv & Raquel						40 days		2
	Vacant							10 days
	Ronda & Shayna (unified NXT Women's tag titles)		33 days		1
	Liv & Raquel						17 days		0
	Sonya and Chelsea					22 days		0
	Vacant							0 Days	

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Seth Rollins is

1. Teaming with Cody against Judgement Day
2. Wearing knee high highlighter yellow Crocs.

this my guy right here the drip god or whatever

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Boss N Hug Connection is such a bad name

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

They didn't actually.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

At least it rhymes.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
At one point WWE had wrestling's four horsewomen and the MMA four horsewomen and decided to do nothing with them. In the end it ended up as a cooldown match in Summerslam 2023 after half of the 8 have left the company. Best women's division in the world

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Boss Hog Connection

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Pretty sure that’s Hunter Biden’s nickname.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

delfin posted:

Vince will have armed guards at his bedside at all times to prevent movie agents from even looking at him.

Not needed. Roman may be tall, dark, muscly and handsome. But he sure as gently caress is not charismatic. Nor is he likable.

Any film you put him in, his co-star will outshine him, even if that co-star is Clint Howard.

There is zero chance of Roman running away to Hollywood. I could see a producer trying it out, (given he is a tall handsome muscly man), but he can't carry a movie on that alone, and as the Goodfella skits show, he can't act.

Edit: Completely unrelated.

I have been watching the UUDD thingo, and am astounded at how cool, fun, charming, likable, and entertaining Baron Corbin is. He is having fun with his friends, who clearly like him and enjoy his company. And it is fun and entertaining to watch.

Why can't he do anything resembling that when he is on WWE TV?

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Aug 8, 2023

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Cause it’s WWE, it’s their standard practice that their dumbshit geriatric viewership eats up.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Broke rear end Baron was his only good run, the rest was absolute poo poo, and there was a LOT of it.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Hirez posted:

Broke rear end Baron was his only good run, the rest was absolute poo poo, and there was a LOT of it.

That's what is baffling to me.

A man who I have only seen be poo poo and boring and not entertaining at all, (Sad Corbin notwithstanding), when still doing a WWE thing with WWE people suddenly becomes vibrant and energized and charming and entertaining.

It makes no sense, coz it can't all be bad booking can it? And if it is, am I wrong about Roman Reigns? Is there a fun entertaining performer in there somewhere just being smothered by his WWE push?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Roman can be fun in interviews and stuff. He ain’t no Rock but he could be more than he is now if he didn’t have to read their dogshit scripts. That and maybe take some acting classes. You can tell it’s all WWE because sometimes the let fun stuff slip through in spite of themselves before they smother it. Like Sami’s bloodline stuff, DBry/Kane tag team, Sad Sack Corbin, All of the earlier New Day stuff, etc…

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

BrigadierSensible posted:

Not needed. Roman may be tall, dark, muscly and handsome. But he sure as gently caress is not charismatic. Nor is he likable.

Any film you put him in, his co-star will outshine him, even if that co-star is Clint Howard.

There is zero chance of Roman running away to Hollywood. I could see a producer trying it out, (given he is a tall handsome muscly man), but he can't carry a movie on that alone, and as the Goodfella skits show, he can't act.

Will the attempt to make Roman "Primary Henchman" in a movie work better or worse than Rousey in Furious 7?

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
To be fair, WWE is extremely bad at cultivating talent. No one knew Batista had it in him to be the best wrestler-turned-actor out there because he just didn't have a lot of captivating material to work with in the Fed.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
give me what i wantttttttttt

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Long-Time Lurker posted:

To be fair, WWE is extremely bad at cultivating talent. No one knew Batista had it in him to be the best wrestler-turned-actor out there because he just didn't have a lot of captivating material to work with in the Fed.

To give Dave credit, he put in the work to become a pretty good actor. Like Cena probably has more natural talent for it, but it took him a while to put in the work to improve but Dave started to take it seriously right away.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
What do you mean Roman is funny like is he a clown does he amuse you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Looking at that list, Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler are unironically the best champs those belts have ever had, which is, uh, really something.