Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Just cleared 2 caves and got platinum on a Dandori battle in one day

Then Pikmin4 CRASHED during the end of day :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

OgNar posted:

Gonna have to pass $50 for one of my most played games but just on a new system.
I understand that it was a janky mess and took some work to get it to be compatible.
But thats a stretch for a 13y old game.

No, the problem is they outsourced it to an incompetent dev (Fallout 76 and Rust, among other fiascos). RDR 1 ran just fine on the 360 with only 1/8th the ram.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

To the kind folk who pointed to the woot dot com deal on this: Thank you so much. I fired it up last night right before bed and it's such a beautiful little gem. Totally into the storybook aesthetic. I'm not even off the plateau yet. Really looking forward to this one.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I fired up my niblings wiiu to play some Splatoon while waiting for everyone to wake up and while it's booting it started crashing w the error that means the memory got corrupted and it's freezing while redownloading updates :ohdear:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

pwn posted:

To the kind folk who pointed to the woot dot com deal on this: Thank you so much. I fired it up last night right before bed and it's such a beautiful little gem. Totally into the storybook aesthetic. I'm not even off the plateau yet. Really looking forward to this one.

Love this game.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Nintendo dropped Pokemon Stadium 2 and Pokemon TCG on NESFlix.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Some Pokémon fans sure are a negative bunch going by the comments

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
pokemon TCG FTW

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

hatty posted:

Some Pokémon fans sure are a negative bunch going by the comments

To be fair, Pokemon Stadium's a hard sell because you really want a Gameboy Pokemon game to get the most out of it rather than using the rental pokemon. Which isn't an option on the Switch.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

pokemon TCG FTW

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I beat pokemon tcg over the course of like a few days way back when. Remember it being a fun little game with no bs and was pretty easy to get all the cards

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I'm excited to try Pokemon tcg.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I remember thinking it was visually striking for a Gameboy game but never took the time to learn how to actually play.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

beer gas canister posted:

Grabbed UGG, regrettably it is the mobile version, meaning no branching paths, and much more limited AI selection. It runs flawlessly and works exactly like I remember, but some of the charm is lost for the sake of legibility. The fighting is broken up into 10 small geographically restricted chunks, rather than 3 massive days, for the sake of legibility. In this way it's a bit more like UG Civil War's campaign, where major battles like Shiloh are split up into sectors that are fought individually, then merged together at the end into a huge map. Haven't fought through to the end yet but it's likely going to work in a similar way here.

Is it still worth getting?

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Neddy Seagoon posted:

To be fair, Pokemon Stadium's a hard sell because you really want a Gameboy Pokemon game to get the most out of it rather than using the rental pokemon. Which isn't an option on the Switch.

My housemate has recently been streaming NSO Stadium 1 with rental teams and the noises coming from his room sound like someone is trying to pry his fingernails off with a flathead screwdriver.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
The Pokemon Stadium games actually have super fun mini game modes. Pokemon Stadium 2 was actually great imo

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

pokemon TCG FTW

Now if they’d only finally release the sequel in the west

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's even a solved emulation problem elsewhere, but I suppose there's any number of reasons why not here (e.g. couldn't make it play nice with their in-house one, don't want to release the GB R/B/Y (and G/S/C for 2), don't want to have the feature enabled before they put the others on their service, don't want to do it without the saves being compatible for new-gen trading, can't square the circle with new-gen compatibility and Stadiums being able to read the saves too, etc.)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pokemon TCG game was fun but I remember Kangaskahn being broken as hell.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hogama posted:

It's even a solved emulation problem elsewhere, but I suppose there's any number of reasons why not here (e.g. couldn't make it play nice with their in-house one, don't want to release the GB R/B/Y (and G/S/C for 2), don't want to have the feature enabled before they put the others on their service, don't want to do it without the saves being compatible for new-gen trading, can't square the circle with new-gen compatibility and Stadiums being able to read the saves too, etc.)

I'm kinda hoping the intent is they're building the GB games to be compatible, and will either link to the GB emulator container version, or they'll "just" put that emulated ROM into the N64 games too once they're done, so they just have the one build to manage.

I don't expect it to happen of course, but it'd be nice.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's what's stopping me from getting excited about it. Pokemon Stadium with your own dudes was some of the best times I had on the N64 and I love it.

Pokemon Stadium with only rental Pokemon is nightmare hellscape.

The GB Pokemon TCG is a fun time and I would love to revisit it!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I thought the main attraction to Pokemon stadium games was the little Mario party mini games in them anyway

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Star posted:

Is it still worth getting?

I've played 4 engagements so far, and while it's not the same grand clusterfuck as the PC version, it has a lot of the same charms. If you like RTS and are OK with slightly fucky faux mouse controls, give it a shot. It's certainly still challenging, and it does look drat cool on a TV, but I'd say the PC version is still the way to go if that's an option for you. AFAIK there aren't any other RTS games like this on Switch.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Pokemon TCG game was fun but I remember Kangaskahn being broken as hell.

It was a solid wall, but the real bullshit was a deck full of hitmanchans/lees and scythers. Just a brain-dead pummeling.

Larryb posted:

Now if they’d only finally release the sequel in the west

I played it through recently, and it's honestly not worth it. The new cards are so weak you don't want to use them, and the gimmick decks they force you to do in the new region can lock you out until you do hours of grinding. Just play the original twice and have a much better experience.

Bug Squash fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Aug 8, 2023

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I may be the only loser here excited for the new Detective Pikachu, but the new trailer is cute!

Waffle! posted:

I'm excited to try Pokemon tcg.

:same:

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I thought the main attraction to Pokemon stadium games was the little Mario party mini games in them anyway

Lickitung Sushi kicked rear end. :hai:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Read After Burning posted:

Lickitung Sushi licked rear end. :hai:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ACAB includes detective Pikachu

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Does detective Pikachu have any dames in it?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

What about Officer Jenny?

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Snorlaxes sleeping in solidarity with the Slowpoke work stoppage versus the cowardly Pinkerton Jigglypuffs

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Correct

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

zero reason to play Stadium 1/2 besides the minigames, sad they haven't done anything for transferring pkmn

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Some of the battles in Stadium 2 also were rough to begin with even if you had trained Pokemon, it's absolutely not worth it to try and beat all that with just rentals. I tried to play through with Gen 1 stuff exclusively as a kid and it was a pretty big handicap.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

pokemon TCG FTW

I have honestly put a ridiculous amount of hours into it over the years. Now I will put more hours into it.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Read After Burning posted:

I may be the only loser here excited for the new Detective Pikachu, but the new trailer is cute!

Nope, you're not the only one. I'm excited too! The first one was a cute fun little romp and I will definitely be picking up the sequel!

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Silver Falcon posted:

Nope, you're not the only one. I'm excited too! The first one was a cute fun little romp and I will definitely be picking up the sequel!

It was a nice little game to chill out to before bed. :3:

So was the Style Savvy series, but it looks like the upcoming new one completely removed the store management aspects. :smith:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I didn't know they made a Gameboy Japan only sequel to TCG until I was an adult, and I would've lost my loving mind had I known as a kid... it was definitely one of my most favorite and played games

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The big draws to the Stadium games were the minigames and making your Pokémon slug it out in 3D. The former is still there, and you can do the latter in any mainline game released after 2013.

Was there anything at all to the campaign mode in those games other than just a series of battles? I honestly don't even remember.

E: poo poo, I forgot about the announcer, he was cool. “Hey, what's it doing? Down it goooeesss…” Okay there was something there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

I know I'll love Super Mario Maker 2 once it clicks but I dive in every few weeks and just can't seem to make a map that isn't basic as fudge

Combed YT but the algo never shows the best videos for something like this. Who out there is good for entry level pre-teens? Aside from other peoples maps for inspiration but mine looks like a kid colored outside of the lines comparatively.

And one more time. Is there any games out there similar to Cult of the Lamb (Stardew to a lesser extent) where you get to manage a town like that? The roguelike part isn't necessary just like in that game.