Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*
Yeah, no director's cut features and extra scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Aliens without the Amanda scene just isn't the same movie.

It's such a thematic layup I'm amazed it didn't make the theatrical cut.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Owlbear Camus posted:

Aliens without the Amanda scene just isn't the same movie.

It's such a thematic layup I'm amazed it didn't make the theatrical cut.

James Cameron was directed by the studio to make the movie 120 minutes or less, and it’s one of the scenes that he felt could be cut.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Does anyone have the link to that online shop that makes screen-accurate reproductions of Dallas' jacket and Brett's hat? I did a quick search for 'hat' ITT and the CineD one but couldn't find the link, just photos of someone's order.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Xenomrph posted:

James Cameron was directed by the studio to make the movie 120 minutes or less, and it’s one of the scenes that he felt could be cut.

Is the scene where Hudson postulates the queens existence in the theatrical? I would have cut that first.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Owlbear Camus posted:

Is the scene where Hudson postulates the queens existence in the theatrical? I would have cut that first.

I believe that’s in the director’s cut too.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
After all these years, I'mma finally gonna see Alien on the big screen next week. It's the Director's Cut but eh, close enough. I am just a little excited.

Mister Speaker posted:

Does anyone have the link to that online shop that makes screen-accurate reproductions of Dallas' jacket and Brett's hat? I did a quick search for 'hat' ITT and the CineD one but couldn't find the link, just photos of someone's order.

Was it this one?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Another from the mspaint thread!

Droogie posted:

While this thread is still limping along, here's one without stupid faces. Been really enjoying doing these diptych ones.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h6BLFUkbeM

All I know is that it had better cocoon the survivors instead of just throwing them up on hooks

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Sentinel Red posted:

After all these years, I'mma finally gonna see Alien on the big screen next week. It's the Director's Cut but eh, close enough. I am just a little excited.

Was it this one?

Hmm, no, that's close though. The site had bespoke Brett's hats that looked really good, and Dallas' jacket, and they were pricey. I think the hat was $55. They also had replica ashtrays from the Nostromo.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Sentinel Red posted:

Was it this one?

$775 for the flight suit, on the commentary didn't Ridley say they were just actual flight suits they dressed up a bit or something? Can probably get the real thing for a lot less.

I might actually get that Nostromo patch though omg

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

"Mostly"

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Plan R posted:

So it's XCOM with Marines and Aliens?

It’s loving awesome is what it is. Everyone here should play it. Hope they do some DLC with more Alien types and random missions.

Ran great on my 1060.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
For those who play Dead by Daylight and love Aliens, you got something nice to enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3XKx4KKCXU&t=1s

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I got hooked on that game for a while, it's a lot of fun

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
https://twitter.com/westernunion2k/status/1688686202315223042

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:psyduck:

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Unironically this.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Parkingtigers posted:

Unironically this.

:mods:

"I loved A Nightmare on Elm Street. But if there were more Freddy's it would have been better!"

You fool. YOu absolute fool!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BISHOP?!?!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Imagine if in the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, instead of Leatherface and the three other members of his inbred family, there was FOUR Leatherfaces, all with chainsaws!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Would you rather fight a hundred duck-sized Leatherfaces, or one Leatherface-sized duck :thunk:

Face-huggers are small but disgusting, but I feel like a kitten-sized xeno would be adorable. Until it ate my face off, of course.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Yeah but the instant it coughs up something you'll be seeing problems big time.

I don't even want to think it'd do to mark it's spot/territory.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rappaport posted:

Would you rather fight a hundred duck-sized Leatherfaces, or one Leatherface-sized duck :thunk:

Face-huggers are small but disgusting, but I feel like a kitten-sized xeno would be adorable. Until it ate my face off, of course.

A cat-sized xenomorph is called “a housecat”.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Xenomrph posted:

It's at least theoretically possible to negotiate with a housecat, if they think you're a good victim. They're still chaos elementals though. I haven't read much of the extended xeno universe, but the movies make me think that I couldn't make buddies with a xeno, even if they were teeny-tiny. But adorable :3:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I once had a feral kitten get inside my house when I lived in the country.

Tracking that thing down and getting it back outside resulted in getting a lot more hosed up than I’ve gotten in fights with other humans.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

MrMojok posted:

Tracking that thing down and getting it back outside resulted in getting a lot more hosed up than I’ve gotten in fights with other humans.

I rest my case

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I have scars from over ten years ago from trying to help an adult kitty adjust to a new home, but because they'd been abused by previous 'owners' i.e. worst scum on Earth, the kitty was very much afraid of humans, and everything else, really. But that kitty didn't want to murder me, he wasn't even going for any major arteries, he was just so, so afraid all the time :smith:

A kitten-sized xeno, on the other hand, would go for the kill, right?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Rappaport posted:

It's at least theoretically possible to negotiate with a housecat, if they think you're a good victim. They're still chaos elementals though. I haven't read much of the extended xeno universe, but the movies make me think that I couldn't make buddies with a xeno, even if they were teeny-tiny. But adorable :3:

Cats are nature's perfect, fuzzy, murder babies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBjYtV5zvQE

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

mllaneza posted:

Cats are nature's perfect, fuzzy, murder babies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBjYtV5zvQE

That was a funny video, I laughed out loud at the introduction of the teleport ability. :catdrugs: But! Almost a third of that video is about fuzzy murder babies being helpful to humans. Would a tiny xeno tell you you have cancer, or would it burrow into your chest and eat everything it found? Hmm? :colbert:

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

The Last Call posted:

For those who play Dead by Daylight and love Aliens, you got something nice to enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3XKx4KKCXU&t=1s

You know the Entity is seeing Jonesy and telling the stalker "Nah, leave that fucker alone, not worth the trouble."

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Xenomrph posted:

Jonesy looking at the xeno, where game recognizes game:

:hai:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Face hugger face hugs a cat, civilisation ends.

"Gross he left half of Bill on the front step"
"Ah he's just giving you presents :3:"
"I know :3: c'mere you snuckums"
":)"
":gibs:"

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Imagine if in the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, instead of Leatherface and the three other members of his inbred family, there was FOUR Leatherfaces, all with chainsaws!

Those would be a snack for space marines.

An amuse bouche.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrMojok posted:

Another bug hunt, sir?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Splicer posted:

Face hugger face hugs a cat

That actually happened in one of the recent Marvel Alien comics, it was at the end of the first story arc I think

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Sydney Bottocks posted:

That actually happened in one of the recent Marvel Alien comics, it was at the end of the first story arc I think

I can only assume the cat threw up the chestburster onto a rug like a hairball.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Cessna posted:

I can only assume the cat threw up the chestburster onto a rug like a hairball.

Yeah if we just go by the films it's reasonable to say that cats are a natural predator of the Xenomorph and probably don't feel particularly threatened by them overall in addition to a fear of cats being a deeply genetically programmed aspect of the Xenomorphs.

Like in Alien when the xenomorph encounters Brett, instead of eating or/and eggmorphing him right there he immediately grabs him and flees upon realizing Jones is there and not looking too happy. Then later in the film when the Xenomorph encounters Jones a second time, even though this time Jones is securely locked in a cat carrier, upon realizing it's Jones the Xenomorph immediately bats the entire carrier away in a panic and flees to the escape ship. It seemed more than happy to just pick the crew off over time until it saw Jones again.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Next Colonial Marines squad has a 15 -20 cat detachment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

redshirt posted:

Next Colonial Marines squad has a 15 -20 cat detachment.

The amount of poo poo and shedded hair cats produce compared to their body mass already easily disproves the existence of any god or law so I don't even know why the Xenomorph surprises people.