Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
They took down the patch notes after putting them up, but I hope they're not going to revert that Spider-Man change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

Darke GBF posted:

They took down the patch notes after putting them up, but I hope they're not going to revert that Spider-Man change.

He was a 3/5 that pulls an enemy card into his lane

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008

novamute posted:

He was a 3/5 that pulls an enemy card into his lane

Here’s the patch note text for spidery before they took it down. He’s supposed to move and take someone with him.

Spider-Man
[Old] 5/4 – On Reveal: Your opponent can’t play cards at this location next turn.
[New] 3/5 – On Reveal: Move to another location and pull an enemy card from here to there.
Developer Note: All right, this is a big one. Let’s start on the mechanical angle: the previous Spider-Man incarnation was a polarizing card. It prevented your opponent from playing cards at a location, a frustrating experience. It was most popular following Wave into Galactus or in “lockdown” decks, which are both decks that use combinations of cards to reduce the total play space of the game for your opponent. We want some of that–the game needs a variety of strategies. But we don’t want those decks or even one of those cards to be the best in the game. Our best cards should be cool and awesome.

But you know who’s cool and awesome? Spider-Man!

There’s an irreconcilable dissonance in having one of the most popular characters in the Marvel canon attached to an effect we don’t want to be popular. Discovering Spider-Man in our game should be a great experience. Since launch, we’ve also added more Spider-Verse to the game and seen players enjoy the theme of movement for those cards. So we’re making a change and bringing Peter in line with the rest with a new ability. Will we return the old ability to the game on a new card? Maybe, but for now let’s go with no–it’s not been adding much fun.

We don’t take this kind of rework to a card lightly, so we’re happy to hear your feedback through all the usual channels. We don’t intend to start suddenly remaking tons of cards, but understanding your feelings may help us better understand the appropriate thresholds for this action in the future.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I like there's now some Spider-Man/Miles synergy, even though I'm not sure how useful that combo would actually be.

Also gently caress Wave/Galactus/Spider-Man. I'm glad that combo is dead.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
That Spider-Man design is actually cool as hell and I hope they keep it.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I'm definitely trying out that Spider-Man change. They need to rework Spider-Man 2099 to get the real Spiderverse party started though.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
Spider-Man absolutely nuked from orbit but also now a completely different and better card.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Yeah, this is a really exciting change to a card/ The only design was unfunny, so we made a new design."

Thematically, having all the spideverse cards dance around and shove their opponents around is pretty great. And 3/5 is Polaris stats.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I think this change (if it goes through as is) actually makes Kingpin a viable card. So it's like two new cards in one!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Second polaris in surfer. Polaris good in surfer.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

There are way too many options for Surfer now

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Devo posted:

I think this change (if it goes through as is) actually makes Kingpin a viable card. So it's like two new cards in one!

you don't get to choose what lane he moves to, so it'd be too much of a gamble for kingpin i think (plus spiderman would also die)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Spider-Man is maybe better than Polaris now because there is no power restriction

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

flatluigi posted:

you don't get to choose what lane he moves to, so it'd be too much of a gamble for kingpin i think (plus spiderman would also die)

The lane is easy to take care of, but I admittedly forgot about the Spider-Man dying part. N/M Kingpin still bad.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Good. I don't think I've seen a Spider-Man played that didn't turn me into JJJ

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Opopanax posted:

Good. I don't think I've seen a Spider-Man played that didn't turn me into JJJ
Same

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I don't like the dual randomness of the new Spider-Man, if that's indeed what he's changing to. Random location AND random opponent card?

I saw a comment on the Snap subreddit that seemed like a better solution. Give him nightcrawler's ability and then combine that with the "move an enemy with him" part.

So you can choose when to move him and where to, but the other card you drag there is still random. And since it has to be at least the turn after you drop him, it does give your opponent a chance to do...something. At the very least place another card in that lane.

And maybe reduce his power to 4 to compensate?

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
Related, since he’s Spider-Man adjacent: I’d like to see a Rhino buff where he ruins locations he moves to.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Patch is out. Spidey change is real. https://www.marvelsnap.com/newsdetail?id=7262660135246486278

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

There are way too many options for Surfer now

EducatedCollins: "the game is balanced around two cards - zabu and Shang-chi."

at this rate Surfer will be the third.

also: has anyone else's matchmaking times gone way up in the last 2-3 weeks? Conquest or ladder, my times went from <15s to 30-60s

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Do s3 complete boxes currently have the 100 tokens/gold ticket or are they still 50 tokens

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Do s3 complete boxes currently have the 100 tokens/gold ticket or are they still 50 tokens

100 but there's only half as many boxes with it so it's equally crappy

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Snazzy Frocks posted:

It's undocumented, but yes, they've changed to tokens or ticket.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

uXs posted:

100 but there's only half as many boxes with it so it's equally crappy

It’s a little better, since the other 50% contain a gold ticket, so on average you’re getting an extra half gold ticket per box. (It’s still crap though.)

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Things I just learned based on the same Sakaar on turn 1:

Spider-Man can pull an unflipped card.
If Legion turns over on an unrevealed location, all of the locations become unrevealed and then reveal again at the same time.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
someone on their discord pointed out that they quietly changed their game description, so the no gacha and pay to win mentions are gone. they also removed the no card packs comment, so spotlights are basically card packs now?

with the most recent change to include upgrading with gold, it's official now at least. swipe away, sky's the limit.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Looks like the new pay to win ratio is 1.25 credits for 1.00 gold on the upgrade screen. I don't know what the daily limit is because I ain't buying that.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Spider-Man had the winning play in my last game with him in my HE Lockdown deck, then I updated the app and he had the winning play in my Sera Surfer deck. A good card change!

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

re: Negative Jane from a couple days back. You guys are right. I can't tell if I'm playing against bots or if people really are that dumb. I play Zabu on 2, Negative on 3, Wong on 4, and Jane on 5. You have lost. Thanks for 8 cubes I guess.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I guess the right answer is to hoard because boxes can only get better and I don't have any more cards to open from s3

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Last King posted:

someone on their discord pointed out that they quietly changed their game description, so the no gacha and pay to win mentions are gone. they also removed the no card packs comment, so spotlights are basically card packs now?

with the most recent change to include upgrading with gold, it's official now at least. swipe away, sky's the limit.
You've mentioned upgrading with gold before, but I do not know what it means...

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

No Wave posted:

You've mentioned upgrading with gold before, but I do not know what it means...

It's new as of this patch. You can upgrade cards in the collection without having the credits available as long as you buy gold. This is presumably on a different limit than the credits you can already buy with gold in the shop.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
No thanks

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

Devo posted:

re: Negative Jane from a couple days back. You guys are right. I can't tell if I'm playing against bots or if people really are that dumb. I play Zabu on 2, Negative on 3, Wong on 4, and Jane on 5. You have lost. Thanks for 8 cubes I guess.

Sometimes they make moves so bad I think only a real human being could be this dumb

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
You'll usually know if it's a bot or not by the final play. If you have a fat negative Jane hand and they don't have an overwhelming lead then they just play America or something else limp then it was most likely a bot

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Apparently it's limited to 1000 boosters bought with gold per day according to a team answer from discord, so whales can now whale even harder.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
drat I thought the Spider-Man would pull from the lane you played him in although I guess it reads as any card. Would have been super funny if he was also a hard counter to Galactus now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Reek posted:

drat I thought the Spider-Man would pull from the lane you played him in although I guess it reads as any card. Would have been super funny if he was also a hard counter to Galactus now

Wait, he doesn't only pull from the source lane to the target lane?