Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
I agree with everything clarste has said on this page

edit: lol unfortunate snipe

anyways kafka's hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Clarste posted:

People who post on message boards are atypical. Like, even on social media something like 90% of people never post anything but just read.

That and people who might be ashamed to be whaling or really invested in the gambling aspect of gacha might just be self censoring about that while posting about other parts of the game.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I think this thread has a higher concentration of people doing planning for rolls, and the leaks plus semi predictable pity system do a lot to enable that

But there’s a reason the mobile gaming sub has a pinned thread for “gambling addiction resources”

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Walla posted:

Do I complain about being unlucky? I'm being serious here because I definitely don't want to be a drain on the thread. I'm really enjoying my time with the game. I think the only real frustration I have is how long it takes to build characters but that's nothing to do with the gacha.
I always complain about my bad luck when it happens, to balance out people who brag about their good luck. This is the path of The Equilibrium.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I save and plan because I know my luck is poo poo

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Walla posted:

Do I complain about being unlucky? I'm being serious here because I definitely don't want to be a drain on the thread. I'm really enjoying my time with the game. I think the only real frustration I have is how long it takes to build characters but that's nothing to do with the gacha.

I do have zero pulls banked, but I just spend a 10 pull when I get them.

I don't think Clarste was calling you out, and I wasn't either. Just using your posts to springboard into further discussion of the topic. For example, when you said that other poster had a good point about pulling for 4*, I just wanted to reply and clarify that if someone cares about pulling specific characters, it's bad to pull for 4* characters. It's a common mistake people make because the game obfuscates optimal strategies to encourage spending. You are right that if you don't care about optimizing your ability to get banner characters, you can do whatever you want.

You aren't dragging the thread down imo

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

big cummers ONLY posted:

I think they were being sarcastic. If you care about being able to pull characters you want, don't risk losing your pity on a banner for someone you don't want - it's not worth it for three passes

Not directly related to what you were responding to, but I've tempted fate twice so far in this game for the purpose of trying to get the 4*s and managed to avoid disaster ("disaster" meaning "pulling the rate up 5*") both times - I pulled to 75 pity on the Jing Yuan banner to try to get Sushang (who I didn't get, but who showed up on the standard banner immediately after lmao) and again on the Luocha banner to try to get QQ eidolons (of which I got... exactly one ;_;).

Probably not something generally advisable, but at least in these cases I have to thank my terrible luck at pulling 5*s outside of soft pity🙏🙏🙏

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Lazy_Liberal posted:

anyways kafka's hot

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I got JY on like 30/90 and my therapist is really sick of hearing about it

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Not gonna lie, one of the upsides to playing three gacha games is that even with planning there's usually something I want to pull for and enough free pulls to do so every couple of weeks. The other day I got to pull for HoRB, I'm still trickle rolling for her gear, and now I get to drop like 40 pulls on Kafka and Serval's E6 and Luka would be nice too.

Also after learning that Quantum Entanglement isn't considered a DOT Kafks is worse with my leveled units than I thought, still pulling for her though, because :swoon:
And because I have an E5 Serval and want E6.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Lazy_Liberal posted:

anyways kafka's hot

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Captain France posted:

Not gonna lie, one of the upsides to playing three gacha games is that even with planning there's usually something I want to pull for and enough free pulls to do so every couple of weeks. The other day I got to pull for HoRB, I'm still trickle rolling for her gear, and now I get to drop like 40 pulls on Kafka and Serval's E6 and Luka would be nice too.

and no downsides whatsoever, which is nice I imagine

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I'm gonna end up e6ing Lynx with all these gems I'm gonna save not pulling on this banner and likely the next one :v:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I'm not planning to pull on Kafka's banner, since I already have e6 Serval. Sampo eidolons would be nice, but he's not built yet and I have a bit of a queue, between finishing Blade, and building Clara and my e5 Sushang.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I'm mostly just pulling for Kafka because she was the character I most wanted prerelease. Otherwise I'd probably just wait and pull on whatever the new omg must have banner is after I presumably take a break before too much longer, but I have over 300 tickets anyway so it's fine.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Captain France posted:

Also after learning that Quantum Entanglement isn't considered a DOT Kafks is worse with my leveled units than I thought, still pulling for her though, because :swoon:

So wait, Kafka's not good for a DOT team then? Maybe I should just grab a guaranteed Blade then so I have a good DPS and just try my luck with the new banner. Sampo is E0 and Serval is E2. This is the first time in a game like this I'm having real analysis paralysis.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Kafka will/should be the center of any current DOT team, what the post is saying is their roster is focused on Quantum break which is considered a CC debuff rather than s DOT. So Kafka's abilities don't trigger any additional damage off of Quantum/Imaginary/Ice break effects, while she can trigger damage from Physical/Wind/Fire/Lightning break effects.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Fhqwhgads posted:

So wait, Kafka's not good for a DOT team then? Maybe I should just grab a guaranteed Blade then so I have a good DPS and just try my luck with the new banner. Sampo is E0 and Serval is E2. This is the first time in a game like this I'm having real analysis paralysis.

Kafka's good for DoT teams
but Quantum teams are NOT dot teams

Kale
May 14, 2010

Kafka trailer made it to number 2 on trending in Canada behind only some Jake Paul fight video from 2 days ago. 1 mil in half a day on a global account in English is pretty solid marketing reach for a gacha game trailer. I feel like Blades took at least 24 hours to pass that mark.

Kale fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Aug 8, 2023

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
There aren't any characters who can inflict Entanglement outside a weakness break (yet?), but notably, Gepard's skill and March's ulti do explicitly say "additional damage" in the description and not "DoT". It's all there in the fine print!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
finally i will play this game again because they are releasing the character that is for the girlies

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm pulling for KAFKA AND THEN I'M GONNA STOP BECAUSE FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS PULL FOR DUPEA

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

I'm pulling for KAFKA AND THEN I'M GONNA STOP BECAUSE FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS PULL FOR DUPEA

but her E1 is so good :ohdear:

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Fhqwhgads posted:

What other people have said, Kafka is good for most dots, it's just that Quantum Break isn't a dot.
My heaviest invested character is Break Effect Silver Wolf, with my biggest complaint being that waiting for the enemy turn for the damage tic takes me over time sometimes. I had thought Kafka could detonate it early but she can't.

She should still work fine with Serval's shock, but I've got Serval built as a normal dps. Probably still fine, though, I've heard Kafka is very good.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Excelzior posted:

I'm putting myself on a "I'll pull until I have X amount of jade left then stop" clause like I did with Silver Wolf, mostly because I really want Fu Xuan too.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Excelzior posted:

Whats it do

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Meowywitch posted:

Whats it do

Adds a 30% DoT damage increase effect to her follow-ups.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
ooohh she's got follow-ups??? i hope i get clara and himeko one day 🥲

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Lazy_Liberal posted:

ooohh she's got follow-ups??? i hope i get clara and himeko one day 🥲

Yeah she triggers a follow-up on any of her allies using a basic attack up to once per turn of hers. It's a really nice source of extra energy.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
I take it that Kafka should work well with E6 Serval?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Serval is her worst partner by a lot. Ideally you do hypercarry Kafka or Kafka, one of Sampo/Luka, Asta, and defensive support.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
oh poo poo ok

So what, Kafka/Asta/Guepard/???

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Karanas posted:

oh poo poo ok

So what, Kafka/Asta/Guepard/???

Yeah, the last spot could be Tingyun, Yukong, Sampo, or Luka, you know depending on your characters and setup. The only buffer she doesn't work well with is Bronya.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh

Eimi posted:

Yeah, the last spot could be Tingyun, Yukong, Sampo, or Luka, you know depending on your characters and setup. The only buffer she doesn't work well with is Bronya.

Thank you kindly for the tips :cheers:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm a hyper lesbian (for KAFKA)

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

yeah we know

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Draxion posted:

yeah we know

OK good whew, sorry if im comming off kinda strong I am in a drug withdrawal state

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I'm personally gonna do Kafka/Tingyun/Asta. One of the dot guys is a better team, but I'm betting on this being "good enough", and I'd rather not raise a unit who is only good with Kafka at this point.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Meowywitch posted:

OK good whew, sorry if im comming off kinda strong I am in a drug withdrawal state

Is watching Kafka's trailer on loop the methadone in this analogy then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Eimi posted:

Unless, of course, you're fighting enemies weak to electric. Then she's her best partner.