Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
you know how you have these endless dungeons and areas and you push until you run only on cantrips and basic attacks?

I got ganked by a bunch of magma mephits :F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Buck Wildman posted:

oh also I walked in on a bugbear and an ogre loving in a barn and they got upset so I had to kill them that's my trip report so far

i bardishly convinced the ogre that tales will be told of his fecundity then his girlfriend called him a little bitch and they both left me in peace

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

its a good game

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

All the bg3 npcs I've met so far perfectly replicate the kine of annoying npcs the dm makes and you desperately want to leave behind

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

sure my party members keep trying to put me in sexual situations but at least its not Riven

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

just hit level 4 on my gloomstalker ranger and I'm already at the point now where if I can get the drop on someone they're usually dead meat

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

there's a lot of half-orc unique dialogue that's p much this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kmFQmzBwtU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I got ganked by a bunch of magma mephits :F
fuckers permanently melted the weapons right off one of my characters

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Buck Wildman posted:

oh also I walked in on a bugbear and an ogre loving in a barn and they got upset so I had to kill them that's my trip report so far

Been reading about a lot of situations like this. Wasn't expecting there to be so much lame sex comedy. Concerning

Communist Thoughts posted:

All the bg3 npcs I've met so far perfectly replicate the kine of annoying npcs the dm makes and you desperately want to leave behind

Is there an option for custom party members like Pathfinder because I think I hate all these people lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

yes you get respec/hirelings very early on

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

Been reading about a lot of situations like this. Wasn't expecting there to be so much lame sex comedy. Concerning

it's really not that terrible so far. most of the game is p straight-laced for me. the barn scene is actually the first sex thing I've really encountered

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Buck Wildman posted:

there's a lot of half-orc unique dialogue that's p much this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kmFQmzBwtU
hosed up that you can be either a half-elf or an elf, but the game doesn't let you make an orc

DaysBefore posted:

the game is a little too european, in a bad way, sometimes

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Buck Wildman posted:

also my grizzled half orc bounty hunter has this really soft dandy boy voice because every option in character creation is some version of that

They really just needed to give the option of an orc rear end fake batman voice.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Turtle Sandbox posted:

They really just needed to give the option of an orc rear end fake batman voice.

I really wanted him to talk like the main character in oddworld stranger's wrath

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

*low-throated growl* don't be takin' kindly.....to ogre fuckin in these parts.....

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Tiler Kiwi posted:

im just saying

no. how dare. insulting the forgotten realms is punishable by death.

you're right the 5e fr setting is pretty trash and boring and a lot of the connective tissue of the setting is gone

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Goa Tse-tung posted:

yeah, like mentioned above when you underestimate Vlaakith

I mean, if you played any Planescape at all you probably will get that game over, but it is still funny

It's not even underestimating her it's just her motivations and hatred of you is 100 percent clear and out in the open and you still thought doing her a favor would help you somehow despite her history of straight up murdering anything that is even remotely a threat to her.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Everyone just gonna see this one where a dude is drinking his own breast milk and not even comment? The rest of these were stupid but comprehensible but this one is just deranged.

Edit:

Like I'm giggling at it but its the sort of giggle you make when you realize you're in a room with an actual lunatic.

its fine imo

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I put in 5 hours of FF16 over the weekend. I'm in the transition between the Twinside confrontation and whatever comes next. I try to play this when I have a block of time longer than an hour available. I've talked about the game before and how I think it is my GotY at the moment.

3 games I currently have on my Sony wishlist are Forspoken, Spider-Man 2, and God of War: Ragnarök. I'm waiting for God of War and Forspoken to drop below $30 when on sale.

I am hype for spider-man 2. I've been debating buying it on release or waiting for a sale. The $70 price tags always make me hesitate. I wish it had a coop mode, but it looks to be single-player. Kraven looks good.

A phone game I play when waiting somewhere is Merge Survival.
Merge Survival : Wasteland:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6VNpPX8PtQ
It is just a stupid little merge game that caught my eye and doesn't take a lot of time. It is like a fidget toy. I do enjoy it though.

Hopefully this is what Seb wanted, but I do think it is a gotcha admin challenge. If I'm right it was fun posting with most of you. You can find me on discord. 👋

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm gonna choke-slam Kamado into a volcano, NOBODY disrespects me like that

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I told the magical pokemon that I was bitter and pissed off and it gave me a token of incredible power, if that's not divine sanction to destroy him I don't know what is

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Why is your account named Ytlaya?

My account is named after a fairy familiar I created in the PC game Neverwinter Nights in high school.

Perhaps iFireMonkey has a similar story behind their Twitter name.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Ytlaya posted:

My account is named after a fairy familiar I created in the PC game Neverwinter Nights in high school.

Perhaps iFireMonkey has a similar story behind their Twitter name.

that game was cool and taught me how to pronounce "gaol"

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

World War Mammories posted:

hoot shouldn't have been probed for posting fortnite news or nintendo wojaks. he should've been probed for incorrectly identifying dabbing as "dapping"

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

aw frig aw dang it posted:

that game was cool and taught me how to pronounce "gaol"

it's pronounced 'gay-ol' so when you get to that point in bloodborne you can say it's gay ol' time

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I’ve beaten bloodborne a dozen times and the hunters in the gaol are maybe the hardest part besides the orphan for me.

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

lol it really is like this though =/

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

Fortnite seems fun. Played a few matches with one of the Mega64 guys. We won but I think it was against bots so I will not be claiming gamer cred for that

the huffing pride before you realize it was bots all the way down...same thing happened with that quake remake lol

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Arivia posted:

2e AD&D had a spell called "nap" where you cast it and slept for an hour and got all your spells back like you'd slept for an entire night. it was completely, terribly, broken

From purpleworm:

quote:

Nap (Alteration)
Sphere: Time
Range: Touch
Components: V, S, M
Duration: Special
Casting Time: 2
Area of Effect: One creature/level
Saving Throw: None
Creatures affected by this spell are put to sleep for one hour. Upon awakening, the creature is as refreshed as if he had slept for eight hours. The affected person recovers lost hit points as if he rested for a full night. Wizards can memorize spells as if real time had passed.

Because the rest is so complete and rejuvenating, a character does not feel fatigued after waking. Attempts to use nap more than once in an 18-hour period are ineffective (the character simply is not sleepy). Only willing subjects can be affected by nap.

The material components are a scrap of pillow ticking, a feather, and a pebble that the caster has kept in his pocket for seven nights.

It was, indeed, insanely broken (as were most things from Tome of Magic). Wizards still had to slog away with memorization if they'd cast the day before but this gave them time to do so. The big drawback was being Time sphere which was pretty rare. Numbers was even more gamebreaking with its 4th level portal spell that let you hop the whole party around wherever you needed. And even MORE broken was the priest of Thoth from legends & lore who had Numbers sphere and always on Detect Lie, no save. Yes, I played campaigns with people playing them.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

man bg3 really does expose how annoying the 5e rules are

got my AC up to 25 at level 3 with mirror imageand the AI is still just rolling 19s and 20s anyway and having me roll 5s on all my concentration saves which should be my second best stat cause its all full RNG

in the tabletop you just houserule these moments or have something fun happen instead but in the game you just die

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

got my AC up to 25 and the AI is still just rolling 19s and 20s anyway and having me roll 5s on all my concentration saves which should be my second best stat

in the tabletop you just houserule these moments or have something fun happen instead but in the game you just die

Sounds like you should get good

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

PostNouveau posted:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

at rolling dice?!?!?!?

im fumin

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

I put in 5 hours of FF16 over the weekend. I'm in the transition between the Twinside confrontation and whatever comes next. I try to play this when I have a block of time longer than an hour available. I've talked about the game before and how I think it is my GotY at the moment.

3 games I currently have on my Sony wishlist are Forspoken, Spider-Man 2, and God of War: Ragnarök. I'm waiting for God of War and Forspoken to drop below $30 when on sale.

I am hype for spider-man 2. I've been debating buying it on release or waiting for a sale. The $70 price tags always make me hesitate. I wish it had a coop mode, but it looks to be single-player. Kraven looks good.

A phone game I play when waiting somewhere is Merge Survival.
Merge Survival : Wasteland:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6VNpPX8PtQ
It is just a stupid little merge game that caught my eye and doesn't take a lot of time. It is like a fidget toy. I do enjoy it though.

Hopefully this is what Seb wanted, but I do think it is a gotcha admin challenge. If I'm right it was fun posting with most of you. You can find me on discord. 👋

im very excited for Spider-Man 2, really enjoyed the other Insomniac games and I bet theyll go all out with cool symbiote powers

RandolphCarter posted:

I’ve beaten bloodborne a dozen times and the hunters in the gaol are maybe the hardest part besides the orphan for me.

i always thought the Bloody Crow was the toughest fight in the whole game until i did an Arcane playthrough and effortlessly smoked every hunter. Those tools are so drat broken, its very fun

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

at rolling dice?!?!?!?

https://www.goldentouchcraps.com/private-dice-control-lessons.shtml

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

It is kind of funny to me that most complaints about Baldur's Gate 3 being too silly and horny for their tastes are applicable to the other 2 games.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

im very excited for Spider-Man 2, really enjoyed the other Insomniac games and I bet theyll go all out with cool symbiote powers

That is what I am hoping. Along with some cool boss fights.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

got my AC up to 25 at level 3 with mirror imageand the AI is still just rolling 19s and 20s anyway and having me roll 5s on all my concentration saves which should be my second best stat cause its all full RNG

I kind of dislike the big visible dice roll because it makes it very hard to resist reloading a save for rolls I actually care about (especially if I get unusually unlucky).

I prefer the ones that just happen passively as you walk around. It's easier to just let those be as the result of random chance (though I'd still prefer to not see them at all, at least by default).

It'd kind of be nice to not even have it tell you whether a particular dialogue choice is "Persuasion" or "Intimidation" or whatever, and instead let you figure it out yourself from context, and just have the scene play out in a way that doesn't explicitly tell you that you succeeded or failed.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Baykin posted:

if you skip the DS1 dlc, you are literally smarxist tier since he did the same thing. think about what you are doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

It'd kind of be nice to not even have it tell you whether a particular dialogue choice is "Persuasion" or "Intimidation" or whatever, and instead let you figure it out yourself from context, and just have the scene play out in a way that doesn't explicitly tell you that you succeeded or failed.

you can turn this off in most crpgs these days but I'm not sure about bg3, check the game/accessibility options