Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

So I was out at a wrestling show Thursday night, and by the time I got home it was late in the 3rd. I asked my S/O if Streveler was playing at all. Just as I finished asking, I saw the Jets QB launch one of the ugliest ducks of a downfield pass I had ever seen, that landed 3-5 yards behind the CB on a go route. I told her don't worry, I already know the answer. He was throwing short to wide open receivers last year when he got a quick shot in the NFL. He's got all the heart in the world and his teammates like him, but he just absolutely does not have the arm strength to be an NFL QB.

mcmagic posted:

This is going to annoy people but you can't tell me that the Jets are in better shape starting Zach Wilson or Tim Boyle in a game this season than Carson Wentz.

Wentz Sucks, and if anything happens to Rodgers the Jets are screwed anyway and everyones fired. They spent all that collateral to get Wilson, and he's going to be the QB of the future now, for better or for worse. They were never going to get a backup who could challenge Wilson for the QB2 spot and that's one of the reasons Mike White isn't on the team anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Have some JA17

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1688670248843575298

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
It’s gonna be, uh, an interesting division this year

https://twitter.com/theathleticnfl/status/1688584535204675584?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Nice

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Jets probably too high

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Streveler sucks anyways. He’ll always be a CFL hero though.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Make Trent Sherfield WR2.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Jets probably too high

It's kind of a weird list, e.g., where are the Broncos and Eagles? And I don't know about the Jets being 2 overall, but I feel pretty confident saying that they have a top 5 defense on paper.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Professor Funk posted:

It's kind of a weird list, e.g., where are the Broncos and Eagles? And I don't know about the Jets being 2 overall, but I feel pretty confident saying that they have a top 5 defense on paper.

The Eagles are top 5 without any doubt

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

One Jets drive was pretty boring. The Method Man stuff was cool.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Diva Cupcake posted:

Streveler sucks anyways. He’ll always be a CFL hero though.

I THINK he played enough last year to get an NFL pension now too.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I THINK he played enough last year to get an NFL pension now too.

Looks like he was, a season is 3 games, and 3 seasons makes you vested for the NFL pension. He was active for more then 3 games in all 3 seasons he's played so far.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/1688908967601172480

So he wants Tua's brain to fall out in the preseason rather than in week 4?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The entire Pats organization is run on cronyism.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1688901617351880704?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
That's not cronyism.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah he had a 1 year detour to Miami. That's just good clean AFCE incest

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I thought he was a mid year signing but nope he indeed did a full year.

Completely forgot about him and his 3 tackles

Nov 6, 2002

Looks like he played in four games and then got injured and placed on IR. I didn't even know he was in Miami.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I thought he just didn't play last year tbh

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

fsif posted:

So hypothetically, if I were to create a fantasy league for this thread without a real scheduled draft time (i.e., ~12 hour window for picks so I wouldn't have to try finding a two hour block for everyone's schedules), would there be interest?

Sorry to be slow but I would join it. :)

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

fsif posted:

So hypothetically, if I were to create a fantasy league for this thread without a real scheduled draft time (i.e., ~12 hour window for picks so I wouldn't have to try finding a two hour block for everyone's schedules), would there be interest?

if it were:
on yahoo
free
no bonus scoring unless someone can lucidly explain why 99 total yards should be worth 5, 10, whatever points fewer than 101

I'm in

Nov 6, 2002

And you can only draft players who have been on an AFCE team.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

It's this. I would be 100% in for this sicko poo poo.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Crying because I got stuck drafting a Patriots wide receiver.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

It's this. I would be 100% in for this sicko poo poo.

Picking Breshad Perriman as my WR3

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

you’re all disgusting

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

for a second I thought you said were on and had visions of tyreek or diggs going #1 overall

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Sleeper, 0.5 PPR, best ball, entering draft manually, draft picks made via a thread… if there's no money involved I might just do it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

i guess you'd have to do no QB's right? or the person who drafts allen and rodgers just win.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

i guess you'd have to do no QB's right? or the person who drafts allen and rodgers just win.

If you don't get Allen or Rodgers you would probably just want to not take a QB until the last pick or second to last pick and just stack guys at WR/TE/RB, it might not turn out *that* poorly all things considered.

Maybe D/ST is the last pick, since you'll probably be fine with any of the Bills/Jets/Pats/Dolphins.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 8, 2023

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tua had more fantasy PPG than Rodgers last year (17.8 vs 14.1)

they had nearly identical fantasy points for the entire season even though Tua missed time (230.92 vs 239.2).

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I'm just saying there aren't 10 or 12 QB's who you could take lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

What if you adjust scoring for QBs to bring them in line with position players?

Nov 6, 2002

I'd do it like Second Season's format. No draft, each owner will be able to hand pick their roster. You will not be able to change your roster or lineup once the season begins. But you have to pick at least one player from each AFCE team, and no more than five from any one team.

2 Quarterbacks
4 Running Backs (RB)
4 Wide Receivers (WR)
2 Tight Ends (TE)
1 Kicker (K)
1 Defense (DEF)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

bye weeks would be a hell of a thing

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I'd do it like Second Season's format. No draft, each owner will be able to hand pick their roster. You will not be able to change your roster or lineup once the season begins. But you have to pick at least one player from each AFCE team, and no more than four from any one team.

2 Quarterbacks
4 Running Backs (RB)
4 Wide Receivers (WR)
2 Tight Ends (TE)
1 Kicker (K)
1 Defense (DEF)

All the teams would look pretty much the same

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Who are even the best non-AFCE former AFCE skill players? Is it Brandin Cooks and Jakobi Meyers?

Edit: I guess maybe Elijah Moore too. This is going to get dark fast.

Nov 6, 2002

Professor Funk posted:

Who are even the best non-AFCE former AFCE skill players? Is it Brandin Cooks and Jakobi Meyers?

Antonio Brown when he gets picked up by the Raiders.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Professor Funk posted:

Edit: I guess maybe Elijah Moore too. This is going to get dark fast.

let's see where rex burkhead signs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Jets might have told Cook that he was going to backup Hall when he's healthy and he didn't want to do it.....