Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
A lady swimmer won a thing so of course in this lovely cultural moment every chud online is calling her a man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I will put up with that car insanity (and much more) if I am the one who is there for those kids.

Hey, good on you goon. My public education was only decent sometimes because of a few teachers doing what you're doing.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

the_steve posted:

I remember ages ago, like back when Dubya was still in office, one of my gay friends had this spoken word track she had been listening to where the gay speaker was basically going off about how they as a whole needed to have some goddamn dignity if they wanted to be taken seriously. Rainbow shirts were one thing, but the assless chaps and sequined feather boas were just putting targets on their backs and making them look like idiots and :words: and old gay man yells at gay cloud.

All chaps are assless. Quit this hurtful disinformation.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
If chuds like Mom's for Liberty etc wanted to destroy public schools so badly then why did they push so hard to open them up during the pandemic? That would have been a perfect opportunity to kill public schooling right then and there!

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Panfilo posted:

If chuds like Mom's for Liberty etc wanted to destroy public schools so badly then why did they push so hard to open them up during the pandemic? That would have been a perfect opportunity to kill public schooling right then and there!

Because it would hopefully kill a lot of teachers?

neurobasalmedium
Sep 12, 2012

Panfilo posted:

And watch their own kids all day???

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

neurobasalmedium posted:

Yeah, I don't think anyone wants public schools gone (well, unless it's to send the local 4th graders to work their shift at the meat packing plant), people still want/expect teachers to babysit their kids, they just also want it done through the very narrow lens of what they deem to be acceptable. They want the teachers to push their agenda for them.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"won't someone think of the children!?! won't someone think of the children!?! won't someone think of the children!?! won't someone think of the children!?! "
"we should do something about the gun violence towards children"
"ppppffffftttt 'children'"

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

InsertPotPun posted:

I can't find it now in the era of enshittified search engines, but I distinctly remember a skinny, haggard, old Trump supporter guy being asked about kids in cages and his response was a whiny "Stoooop trying to make us caaaaare about the childreeeen!"

If that guy survived multiple Covid infections by now, he's probably looking around an empty theater during a showing of The Sound of Freedom and wondering how it's "sold out."

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Animal-Mother posted:

I can't find it now in the era of enshittified search engines, but I distinctly remember a skinny, haggard, old Trump supporter guy being asked about kids in cages and his response was a whiny "Stoooop trying to make us caaaaare about the childreeeen!"

If that guy survived multiple Covid infections by now, he's probably looking around an empty theater during a showing of The Sound of Freedom and wondering how it's "sold out."

*Looks around in bafflement* "I'm the only one left! They're all gone. Well, at least I have time to watch the only copy of 2000 mules."

*Film projector spontaneously combusts*
"No... No! It's not fair, it's not fair! There was TIME now!"

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

neurobasalmedium posted:

You assume conservatives, and most Americans really, care about children.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Panfilo posted:

"No... No! It's not fair, it's not fair! There was TIME now!"

He looks into the mirror, realizes he's Hitler, and concludes this is the result of woke bullying pushing him right.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

That’s clearly a snake.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

TinTower posted:

That’s clearly a snake.

My Dad is a Viet Nam vet. If most of that war's vets are like him, those two dudes are going to easily win. My dad is really old!

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Jesus III posted:

My Dad is a Viet Nam vet. If most of that war's vets are like him, those two dudes are going to easily win. My dad is really old!

The absolute youngest Vietnam vet would be 66 years old today. I'm fairly certain I could take most 66 year olds in a fight, especially if they've got bad knees and the like from military service.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

TinTower posted:

That’s clearly a snake.

That's what makes it so unfair

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Devorum posted:

The absolute youngest Vietnam vet would be 66 years old today. I'm fairly certain I could take most 66 year olds in a fight, especially if they've got bad knees and the like from military service.

Are they duck sized or horse sized?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Devorum posted:

The implication is that the Vietnam vet will shoot you

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Just say anything in Vietnamese and you win.

neurobasalmedium
Sep 12, 2012
What's your name son?

Uh...Charlie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEnx9T4xsxw

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Elephant Ambush posted:

The implication is that the Vietnam vet will shoot you
Amazing that tough guy threats have evolved from "I'm going to kick your rear end" to "I'm going to press a button that kills you." It's more dangerous and substantially less badass.

e: As usual, real-life conservatives need to be more like this guy:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Mellow Seas posted:

Amazing that tough guy threats have evolved from "I'm going to kick your rear end" to "I'm going to press a button that kills you." It's more dangerous and substantially less badass.

e: As usual, real-life conservatives need to be more like this guy:

I've almost bought this shirt for my cousin about 10 times.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Always been a fan of

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
:same:

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Haha, that looks pretty 'shopped but I like it.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Medullah posted:

I've almost bought this shirt for my cousin about 10 times.

O7

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Conspiracy Salad :yum:

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

tag urselves, I’m the Putin who wants to stop The West from deliberately hamstringing itself

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I'm the Putin stepping on every rake between Moscow and Kiev .

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Shots fired.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

InsertPotPun posted:

"won't someone think of the children!?! won't someone think of the children!?! won't someone think of the children!?! won't someone think of the children!?! "
"we should do something about the gun violence towards children"

Some of those dead kids were like fifteen years old and probably knew someone who lived in the vicinity of a gang. No angels.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I leave that conference and go on vacation (to Florida, where woke and old people go to die) with my family and my wife’s family. I just cannot get away from the crazy:

1) This is my family but we stopped to see my cousin on the way down and I found out her husband runs a NFT/Cryptocurrency and exchange but they sell themselves as helping to keep others from getting scammed so I am left to assume that they are the scammers.
2) My sister in law was telling me about this amazing Jordan Peterson book my brother in law was having her read.
3) Their streaming box included: BlazeTV, Rumble, Angel (which produced that Sound of Freedumb movie), and DailyWire.
- This is not that surprising as this is the brother in law that years ago I saw his bookshelf included the books “Greed is Good” and “The South Was Right” directly beside each other.

Sometimes, you just cannot get away from that world no matter where you are.

Bizarro Kanyon fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Aug 5, 2023

Anchor Wanker
May 14, 2015

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Sometimes, you just cannot get away from that world no matter where you are.

Idk why u thought FL would be the escape. Every 4th person down here is stark raving mad and waiting for an excuse to babble out the most insane/racist poo poo you've ever heard. We import them!

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I don't get it, I went to Mordor and all I saw were all these Orcs doing orc things.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbsHpe7FyC8

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

A hellworld where 10% of your income goes solely into a one way trip to work. This man in the picture works five jobs and is actually 15 years old.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

CuddleCryptid posted:

A hellworld where 10% of your income goes solely into a one way trip to work. This man in the picture works five jobs and is actually 15 years old.
That's actually pretty close to being right for what driving anywhere and back every day for a week costs me. That's also about the best I can get paid in a week. This man lives in the country and the jobs are in a smallish college town. So like an insignificantly small amount of the population.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

The Islamic Shock posted:

That's actually pretty close to being right for what driving anywhere and back every day for a week costs me. That's also about the best I can get paid in a week. This man lives in the country and the jobs are in a smallish college town. So like an insignificantly small amount of the population.

I finally took (found) a job much closer to home after a decade of trying. It's outside my field but pays me about as much as commuting 45 to 60 minutes a day used to in my piece of poo poo car. The gain in extra free time, wear and tear on my vehicle and even putting up with less bullshit has been a godsend in spite of technically earning less money.

Especially with gas creeping up to 4 bux a gallon right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

BiggerBoat posted:

I finally took (found) a job much closer to home after a decade of trying.

Congratulations!