Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Guess what I've been watching finally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Another Batch!

Actually friendly Skellating Jelly

Also actually friendly Keetie Koala (she just eats the energy of eldritch horrors)

Only slightly spooky and also actually friendly goblin girl

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Day 71

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Just want to say they're all great!

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

day 72

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Another batch.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

tedious

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I love this but that is a *huge* source image, haha

So much crazy talent this last couple of pages.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Day 73

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Think this one is about done.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Got three done today.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

sigma 6 posted:

Think this one is about done.

Really like the energy on this one.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

I haven't drawn in a long time. The whole AI thing has depressed me and killed any desire to create anything for a while.
I'm just starting to now draw a bit again, but probably won't do anything digital anymore. At least with pencil on paper there seems to be some tangibility to it which AI won't be able to recreate or take away.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Smik posted:

Really like the energy on this one.

Thanks!

Here is a quick study / one eyed seraphim.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

HopperUK posted:

I love this but that is a *huge* source image, haha

So much crazy talent this last couple of pages.

mb, bad habit of setting high dpi.

uninspired drawing because of staying up way way way too late

digital penitence posted:

I haven't drawn in a long time. The whole AI thing has depressed me and killed any desire to create anything for a while.
I'm just starting to now draw a bit again, but probably won't do anything digital anymore. At least with pencil on paper there seems to be some tangibility to it which AI won't be able to recreate or take away.

i love how you did the shirt -- it's both draped and crisp at the same time, and it looks rad.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Gnossiennes posted:

mb, bad habit of setting high dpi.

uninspired drawing because of staying up way way way too late

i love how you did the shirt -- it's both draped and crisp at the same time, and it looks rad.

Thank you, I really do appreciate that. I had fun figuring out the folds and guess that came through.

Your themed sketches have been fun to watch btw. I especially like the more abstract ones.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Day 74

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Tonight's batch.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Imma try draw tonight

Would you ever do a time lapse post? I'm interested on when you lay down your colors. Good work!

digital penitence posted:

Rules

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

it's actually upside down from how i drew it, but i thought it looked better this way :shrug:

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002

Gnossiennes posted:

it's actually upside down from how i drew it, but i thought it looked better this way :shrug:

Are you basing these on any source material, or just freestylin'.

I am particularly impressed how you manage to maintain balance and continuity, through the smaller portions, and the overall work.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

IkeTurner posted:

Are you basing these on any source material, or just freestylin'.

I am particularly impressed how you manage to maintain balance and continuity, through the smaller portions, and the overall work.

freestylin mostly. i look up reference pics if i'm trying to figure out how to draw something specific (plants and earthy stuff generally), but for the most part, it's whatever feels right in the moment.

i start with a pencil underlay (i've used the same 4H tombow pencil for like a year and a half lol), just to lay out the directional flow, block out areas, and set up perspective details. i don't have training in traditional fine arts drawing, but i do have training and about a decade of experience with technical perspective and design sketching, so i use perspective and blocking with primitive volume shapes a lot.

from there, it's just a lot of texture, markmaking, etc. I try to keep it pretty loose and gestural, as kind of a gently caress you to the structure and precision of technical drawing. :v

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Oops looks like I forgot to post a few.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

AxGrap posted:

Would you ever do a time lapse post? I'm interested on when you lay down your colors. Good work!

Probably not a time lapse because my wifi is so poo poo that uploading anything larger than about 2 mb usually results in time out errors, but the gist is doing a detailed (well, detailed-ish) sketch off all the value shifts and then it sort of becomes a Paint By Numbers thing with blocking in colors.

Then it's just a lot of blending and tweaking and blending and tweaking and blending and tweaking.

Day 75. I actually had a lot of fun last week working with the same reference image a bunch, I'm gonna do that again.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

OK one more.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

May

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Staying home all day to wait for a package sucks

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Day 76

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Someone requested one-eyed skunk.

Demon of Depression

Dangerous old lady