Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
It pulls a random enemy card from any location? That seems a lot weaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

spidey what did they do to you 😭
(i understand why they'd change it but i would have liked more than like half a day's notice because i would have played a lot more lockdown if i knew!! it was my sleeping hours too)

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
I’ve been using him all day, he abducts a card from the lane you play him in and takes it with him when he moves. He can take face down cards. It’s cracked. I ruined a Hela Tribunal player’s day by stealing invisible woman on turn 5.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Devo posted:

Looks like the new pay to win ratio is 1.25 credits for 1.00 gold on the upgrade screen. I don't know what the daily limit is because I ain't buying that.

That's not new, you could always buy credits for gold at a 5:4 ratio in the store and this just cuts out the middleman. The change is that a booster is now valued at 5 credits, as you have to pay 4 gold per missing booster as well.

Ultimately, though, it's the exact same as pushing you towards Fast Upgrades to waste your new account credit bonanza - they want you to waste a precious and limited resource so that you'll spend more to catch up.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Wish I could trade in my boosters for 5 credits

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
I mean who actually cares about being able to pay gold for card upgrades?

It doesn’t affect gameplay in any meaningful way and is the accepted “good example of MTX.”

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Card upgrades get you collection levels which get you spotlight caches which get you new cards.
Is it pay to win? Ehhhhhhhh
It's definitely pay to get all of the cards faster than everyone else.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Devo posted:

Card upgrades get you collection levels which get you spotlight caches which get you new cards.
Is it pay to win? Ehhhhhhhh
It's definitely pay to get all of the cards faster than everyone else.

It’s definitely quasi pay-to-win. You can get away with not paying money and you’ll be fine though, but only after slogging through most of the S3 cards. The new cards have not been broken, meta-defining since Silver Surfer/Zabu

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Deck I’ve been having fun with in general, and especially with today’s hot location. Phoenix is definitely not required, I’ve run anything from Cosmo to Sunspot in that slot depending on the meta I’m seeing, PF is just in there because of the weekend mission.

Your ideal game is Magic-Shuri-Nimrod and then you have lots of options for turns 6/7 depending on what you’re playing into. (You’re never playing before turn 3 in this, and often not before 4.)

# (2) Carnage
# (3) Magik
# (3) Venom
# (4) Shuri
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Phoenix Force
# (4) Iron Lad
# (5) Nimrod
# (6) Arnim Zola
# (6) Knull
# (6) Destroyer
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FybmFnZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmVub20ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1hZ2lrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaHVyaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJuaW1ab2xhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLbnVsbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRW5jaGFudHJlc3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5pbXJvZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSXJvbkxhZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVGhlUGhvZW5peEZvcmNlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGVzdHJveWVyIn1dfQ==
#

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

If you play Spider-Man onto Angela onto Kamar-Taj, and if he lands back where he started on his second swing, he'll trigger Angela twice. I dunno how to utilize that information.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I guess there are people who have tons of gold that they don't want to spend on variants because they have all the variants they want so it just builds up, so giving them the ability to spend that on upgrades makes sense.

But thats real steep though. I can't remember last time i spent any gold, not since i realized I had 9k and decided to go on a buying spree of variants.

I like watching Spider-Man swing himself into the Danger Room and die but the card he dragged over doesn't get blown up.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

I like watching Spider-Man swing himself into the Danger Room and die but the card he dragged over doesn't get blown up.

Wait huh?? he triggers the location after he moves? whats the point of a move card that triggers a location after they move??

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

twistedmentat posted:

Wait, what? That sounds like a bug!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Quackles posted:

Wait, what? That sounds like a bug!

Its possible, I was playing my HE deck and playing Misty knight and wasp on Cloaning Vats only gave me a Misty Knight in my hand, no Wasp. I also had Cyclops only triggering 2 of 3 turns when he was on the field with energy.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

Its possible, I was playing my HE deck and playing Misty knight and wasp on Cloaning Vats only gave me a Misty Knight in my hand, no Wasp. I also had Cyclops only triggering 2 of 3 turns when he was on the field with energy.

after how some of these other cards were released *cough cough* jean grey *cough cough* that doesn't surprise me. i also saw a bot move cards from big house into strange academy without using a cloak, stones, etc. before watching them get eaten by carnage and then moved right back into the same big house location as well.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If u ain't playing kitty/taskmaster on this hot zone what are you even doing

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

twistedmentat posted:

I guess there are people who have tons of gold that they don't want to spend on variants because they have all the variants they want so it just builds up, so giving them the ability to spend that on upgrades makes sense.

But thats real steep though. I can't remember last time i spent any gold, not since i realized I had 9k and decided to go on a buying spree of variants.

I have a wishlist of variants a mile long (Hipp Ronan, baby Nightcrawler, pixel Lizard, pixel Shocker, numerous Zolas, Peach Thor, etc.), but the shop is always full of garbage. I seem to have a different Knull there every day.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

If u ain't playing kitty/taskmaster on this hot zone what are you even doing

I'm over here powering up Deadpool & feeding him to Knull

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Got my Spectrum variant from conquerors. Now I just need a good deck to put her in.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Devo posted:

Got my Spectrum variant from conquerors. Now I just need a good deck to put her in.

I would pair her with some ongoings

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I would pair her with some ongoings

:shuckyes:

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
There's some good lockdown decks with Prof X, Claw, and such that aim to make it seem like they are misplaying or behind on lanes and then Spectrum is one way to pull out a final turn win.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I just lost a game to old Spider-Man because the game did not auto update despite it being set to do so. That's annoying.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Red posted:

I have a wishlist of variants a mile long (Hipp Ronan, baby Nightcrawler, pixel Lizard, pixel Shocker, numerous Zolas, Peach Thor, etc.), but the shop is always full of garbage. I seem to have a different Knull there every day.

I already have a pretty cool looking Knull, the Kim Jacinto one.

I do like how Knull looks in game, in Future Fight he just looks like a guy with pale skin and white hair, so basically Matt Smith in House of the Dragon, but here he actually looks like some kind of creepy monster, which is more fitting. I have not read any comics involving him so I'm not sure how he's meant to be drawn.

You know, i always get annoyed by people who do some cheap, easy win combo at the end an want to fist bump. No, that is not for when you play shang-chi and killmonger in turn 6 and clear almost my whole board, or when dracula discards the infinaut at the end of the game. That is not GG.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I have been away but I feel like I have seen no one talk about Daken. Is he bad?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Sandwolf posted:

I have been away but I feel like I have seen no one talk about Daken. Is he bad?

Seems alright, but it's a pretty simple card, with both discard and destruction already having competing 3-cost stuff. It's not bad, but it's not gonna blow up the meta from the looks of it.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

he's been out for ~40 hours but he's very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z_CZZed8JA

TLDW: destroy, discard, surfer, he fits into everything, and upcoming cards will make him even better.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Sandwolf posted:

He's interesting. I don't know if he's good or bad yet because I don't play much destroy. I tried him in a discard shell and he was ok, and I tried him in Surfer and he was meh. The problem I kept running into is that if you bump his stats at all he just becomes Shang-Chi fodder. I kept running into Sera decks and he just kept getting popped in the mouth.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Well I got infinite in an afternoon with this. Exploit the hell out of hot zones!

# (1) Kitty Pryde
# (1) Zero
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Armor
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Sauron
# (4) Shuri
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Typhoid Mary
# (5) Taskmaster
# (5) Vision
# (5) Red Skull
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmVybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWJvbnlNYXcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxpemFyZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2F1cm9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaHVyaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRW5jaGFudHJlc3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlR5cGhvaWRNYXJ5In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUYXNrbWFzdGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJWaXNpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlJlZFNrdWxsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaXR0eVByeWRlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Well I got infinite in an afternoon with this. Exploit the hell out of hot zones!

Lol I just took this for a spin and got a T1 retreat as soon as they saw Kitty

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Devo posted:

He's interesting. I don't know if he's good or bad yet because I don't play much destroy. I tried him in a discard shell and he was ok, and I tried him in Surfer and he was meh. The problem I kept running into is that if you bump his stats at all he just becomes Shang-Chi fodder. I kept running into Sera decks and he just kept getting popped in the mouth.

He’s 3/8 after his shard gets destroyed/discarded, not 9 power.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

canyonero posted:

He’s 3/8 after his shard gets destroyed/discarded, not 9 power.

Yes. Which is why if you bump his stats at all then he hits 9 power.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

TBF I feel like if you're playing destroy you've already accepted that Shang-Chi is just going to ruin your day sometimes.

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker

Snazzy Frocks posted:

# (1) Kitty Pryde
# (1) Zero
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Armor
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Sauron
# (4) Shuri
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Typhoid Mary
# (5) Taskmaster
# (5) Vision
# (5) Red Skull
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmVybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWJvbnlNYXcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxpemFyZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2F1cm9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaHVyaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRW5jaGFudHJlc3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlR5cGhvaWRNYXJ5In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUYXNrbWFzdGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJWaXNpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlJlZFNrdWxsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaXR0eVByeWRlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Good tip, thanks. I just got Infinite with this deck, although I switched out Vision for She-Hulk.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
It’s over, but Hulkbuster is a sneaky OP card with Shuri’s Lab, since it +5’s an already doubled card, doubles it again, and doesn’t take up a space.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Everything in my variant shop is 700 tonight, not really noteworthy but I thought it was odd.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Well I got infinite in an afternoon with this. Exploit the hell out of hot zones!.

Hell yeah with hot zones!

I immediately started using a shuri/kitty deck when I saw the hot location. Had a few games where kitty easily got over 100 power. Was getting tons of 4 cube wins.

Switched over to the Sauron deck you posted which was also great fun.

I didn't reach infinite since my play time was limited, but I easily cruised from around 74 to 93.

rabidcowfromhell
Dec 27, 2004

Remember Iowa
That Kitty-Shuri deck owns. Got me from 53-73 this evening, and it's still pretty good even without the hot location

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

For as much as people poo poo on Galactus, surprised nobody cares about Heimdall

So many matches where I just put him in the right lane and win with zero thought because i do something unpredictable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
heimdall weirdly feels stronger outside of a move shell than in one - whenever i see someone drop kraven, multiple man etc i know to stick prof x in mid or legion the fisk tower that happened to flip over or whatever to shut it off completely but in an otherwise unrelated shell that turn 6 swerve really comes out of nowhere. galactus i think is more frustrating because it feels like they are playing a completely different game to you, heimdall you are at least still competing on 3 lanes. that said my most recent galactus win i couldnt even be mad at - turn 5 they played psylocke, then turn 6 they played a 1 drop to disable morags effect and then galactus under morag for an easy win lol