Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Jerkface posted:

https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/dev-blog-into-the-maelstrom/82164

New dev blog, no mention of allowing you guys to play the game but theres some other nice stuff in there

quote:

You can now modify two different aspects of your weapon (be it perks and/or blessings) locking out the other options, that being said, you’ll be able to change the two aspects you have selected as many times as you want.
Well this is slightly better than the current system I guess, but still you'll be hoping for good rolls on 2 things instead of 3 things. Also you can select the exact perk and level you want now which is good for those who didn't modify their game with the auto re-roller, more of a sidegrade for those who did (save a few seconds, lose out on seeing your mod roll something hundreds of times).

quote:

We have extended the ability to make two modifications to Curios, specifically you will be able to modify two Perks.
Only needing a max blessing and one good perk roll makes curios easier to craft.

quote:

Account Wallet
This is nice.

Mid-august

edit:
no mention of current weapons or curios being "locked" due to perk and blessing swaps, and if they will now unlock for this new system where you get one more allowed swap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Crafting will still suck but at least it's no longer fully gated behind RNG to get 2 synergized blessings, you just got to settle for bad perks and you don't REQUIRE a mod to not wear out your mouse clicker for rerolled perks, hopefully the patch also improves the worst blessings but I'm not holding my breath.

Mission board changes are huge for me because I just didn't feel like playing if the mission board was like 3 damnation missions, 1 low intensity, 2 hunting grounds or vent purge snipers/power outage.

Gimme those high intensity shock trooper gauntlets on demand.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Yeah the mission board changes are what'll bring me back. Seeing no modifier or low intensity for damnation kinda sucked.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Bit by bit they're improving the game. Bit by bit they're getting caught up to the features Vermintide 2 had years ago

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

their content pipeline shared infrastructure with the nord stream pipeline so the cia blowing it up is what has stopped them adding the weapons that are already in the game files#

is the void strike staff still the best one?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

their content pipeline shared infrastructure with the nord stream pipeline so the cia blowing it up is what has stopped them adding the weapons that are already in the game files#

is the void strike staff still the best one?

... huh?

Voidstrike is very good yes, but Purgatus and Trauma are both equally viable and good now too, just different niches. Surge is okay, imo it doesn't feel good to use but it does a job fine.

You want to try out either Warp Flurry/Transfer Peril or Surge (blessing)/ Warp Nexus (+crit based on peril) for Voidstrike. The former is sustained damage, the latter is burst vs hard targets.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
I've ended up going full gunpsyker with a shredder autopistol. Its got 2 stacking power blessings, so I can kill 2.5 Damnations mutants per mag if I hold the trigger down. The range at which it becomes useless is also the range Brain Burst gets good, so thats nice as well.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

I've been really digging gunpsyker with revolver. Being able to speedily pop elites/specials is really nice and deflector force swords make dealing with shooters/crushers reasonable. Really versatile, like lasgun/power sword veteran.

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
I just put together my new computer and man what a difference. I went from doing 60 fps on medium settings to not being able to play at all because of constant crashes!

Anyone have a handy trouble shooting guide for GPU related crashes (i have a RTX4070)? Or any advice at all.

*edit* I'm talking about Darktide.

Killstick fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 8, 2023

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Killstick posted:

I just put together my new computer and man what a difference. I went from doing 60 fps on medium settings to not being able to play at all because of constant crashes!

Anyone have a handy trouble shooting guide for GPU related crashes (i have a RTX4070)? Or any advice at all.

Go on the Fatshark forums and find the experimental beta branch code and join that. You still play with non-beta branch players, but should help with the crashes. The high end gpus have known issues they're working on fixing and goons who've had similar issues joined the beta branch and were able to play

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/patch-12-into-the-maelstrom/82260

Patch notes, mostly what we already knew, nothing to spend diamantine stockpiles on yet.

Be sure to disable obsolete mods like CharWallets and mission select organizer.

Picture of what to expect in a maelstrom mission.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 8, 2023

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010

Evil Kit posted:

Go on the Fatshark forums and find the experimental beta branch code and join that. You still play with non-beta branch players, but should help with the crashes. The high end gpus have known issues they're working on fixing and goons who've had similar issues joined the beta branch and were able to play

It looks like i have bigger problems, i can't run any game for more then 5 minutes without crashing. I can't even boot up Cyberpunk 2077 to the title screen. Memory test came back fine, it feels like there's something going on with the GPU, like it's shutting off due to power spikes or something. It's weird because i was able to play Darktide for maybe half a mission one time, not anymore though.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Killstick posted:

It looks like i have bigger problems, i can't run any game for more then 5 minutes without crashing. I can't even boot up Cyberpunk 2077 to the title screen. Memory test came back fine, it feels like there's something going on with the GPU, like it's shutting off due to power spikes or something. It's weird because i was able to play Darktide for maybe half a mission one time, not anymore though.

You have a psu problem. What was your old GPU? What’s the wattage rating on your psu?

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010

Anti-Hero posted:

You have a psu problem. What was your old GPU? What’s the wattage rating on your psu?

It's an entirely new build, so all parts are new. I think i got to the problem though, after flashing my BIOS to the latest version the issue has disappeared (knock on wood). I also thought it was power related at first.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i am never gonna get the 'keep your friends close' ogryn penance done bc pubbies do not pay attention to anything in this game.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

even before they changed it it wasn't that hard imo, and now it's extra easy since it's only gotta be for 90% of the mission. do it on the lowest difficulty you can and just stick to a Vet or Psyker's rear end since they can't suddenly run away from you.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Evil Kit posted:

even before they changed it it wasn't that hard imo, and now it's extra easy since it's only gotta be for 90% of the mission. do it on the lowest difficulty you can and just stick to a Vet or Psyker's rear end since they can't suddenly run away from you.

nah the new version of it, where you have to have 3 missions on heresy or harder where nobody is knocked down or incapacitated for more than 10 seconds and nobody dies. which usually means im hyper vigilant until a dog eventually gets me and my teammates stand around missing headshots on plaguewalkers

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Evil Kit posted:

It's probably not a retcon and more supposed to be a fun reference, considering how much dialogue there is of really niche Warhammer lore bits the various classes will bring up.

I've heard, in no particular order:

-the felinid abhumans (aka catgirls/catboys) get referenced by the male dreamer
-bodyguard Ogryn mention the space marine acid spit

And some others I don't remember off the top of my head. Someone at Fatshark is clearly a fan of the silly lore in the universe

People keep asking what Dan Abnett actually did. It's this. The in mission dialogue and barks are absolutely spot on.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

nah the new version of it, where you have to have 3 missions on heresy or harder where nobody is knocked down or incapacitated for more than 10 seconds and nobody dies. which usually means im hyper vigilant until a dog eventually gets me and my teammates stand around missing headshots on plaguewalkers

oh that one? Just play Damnation and get good pubbies, you'll get it eventually. Anecdotally it took me like 5-6 missions to get it done. 10 seconds is a surprisingly long time!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Thirsty Dog posted:

People keep asking what Dan Abnett actually did. It's this. The in mission dialogue and barks are absolutely spot on.

Actually Dan Abnett did the fluff on their website for the scabs. Check it out, it's pretty good!

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Evil Kit posted:

Actually Dan Abnett did the fluff on their website for the scabs. Check it out, it's pretty good!

It's not the only thing he would've been involved in - but some of the mission dialogue is classic Abnett (before he lost his mind trying to finish off the Horus Heresy series)

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I'd believe it.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Killstick posted:

Evil Kit posted:

That branch has been merged/mirrored with release since June so there's no real point anymore:

https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/known-issue-crashing-at-random-due-to-gpu-related-errors/76048/108 posted:

The experimental build is now mirroring the live build, meaning it is essentially redundant. We have now implemented an option within ‘Settings’ → ‘Interface’ that allows you to disable Portrait Rendering, which we understand is a common cause of GPU-related crashes for some:

Not that it fixed my crashes, but still. Hope you're not in the same boat as me, KillStick. I built a brand new machine for DT too and keep crashing at least once every mission or 2. Same machine handles literally every game under the sun without issue, but Darktide is ~special~

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Did a quick play to try out the new auric damnation and it was no joke. Loaded into the match to find the team facing off against eight crushers, two mutants, and a hound swarm. We wiped almost immediately. Even though I didn't play that match for long, it was intense!

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Senethro posted:

I've ended up going full gunpsyker with a shredder autopistol. Its got 2 stacking power blessings, so I can kill 2.5 Damnations mutants per mag if I hold the trigger down. The range at which it becomes useless is also the range Brain Burst gets good, so thats nice as well.

does it need those blessings to be useful at all? I have this shredder pistol and idk what to reroll on it, im guessing raking fire and poxwalker damage but not sure

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Fishstick posted:

That branch has been merged/mirrored with release since June so there's no real point anymore:

Not that it fixed my crashes, but still. Hope you're not in the same boat as me, KillStick. I built a brand new machine for DT too and keep crashing at least once every mission or 2. Same machine handles literally every game under the sun without issue, but Darktide is ~special~

yep, and for me it did fix crashes having the portraits disabled on 3090 always something to check. Otherwise running with steam, nvidia and rtst/msab overlays active.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
did an diff 4 auric run, cop station assassination mission. was very fun and still fair despite hordes of specials and elites. good addition

Senethro
May 18, 2005

does it need those blessings to be useful at all? I have this shredder pistol and idk what to reroll on it, im guessing raking fire and poxwalker damage but not sure

Thats a nice weapon you've got. If I were to modify it I'd change the Carapace damage to Flak Armor (Or Maniacs, because I just really hate Maniacs). If you look at the attack breakdown you'll see that you get very little benefit at all from Carapace damage - even less than extra Poxwalker damage. Raking fire should probably go into Pinning Fire, just because Pinning Fire is insane right now. +100% power for Pinning Fire IV with the 5th enemy staggered is very silly.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Some of the new modifiers can get spicy.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Some of the new modifiers can get spicy.

"Extra barrels" :lol:

Update seems solid overall. I was immediately thankful for the consolidated currency

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i would like to thank fatshark for not only not fixing the game crashing when you quit out, but also for adding a new element to the crash reporter where if you kill the process it just loving uploads it next time you try to start the game

i would like more things to get in the way of relaunching the game please

Senethro posted:

Thats a nice weapon you've got. If I were to modify it I'd change the Carapace damage to Flak Armor (Or Maniacs, because I just really hate Maniacs). If you look at the attack breakdown you'll see that you get very little benefit at all from Carapace damage - even less than extra Poxwalker damage. Raking fire should probably go into Pinning Fire, just because Pinning Fire is insane right now. +100% power for Pinning Fire IV with the 5th enemy staggered is very silly.

ty, ill have to keep an eye out for the pinning fire blessing now. I didnt know that about the carapace damage, but it is a lot quicker at killing tougher mooks now with the flak damage. Maniacs seem to go down pretty well with the smg as is.

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 10, 2023

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
This was a great patch. I'm at the point where the only thing I want (short of a complete crafting overhaul) is more content.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Typical Pubbie posted:

This was a great patch. I'm at the point where the only thing I want (short of a complete crafting overhaul) is more content.

yeah ive been having a lot of fun with this patch, it makes things a lot more fun when you need materials for one guy but arent forced to play them constantly to get the mats, you can have some variety. i do wish they'd just implement some of the other guns that have been in the game files since launch, theres 3 variants of everything that currently only has one variant, and a couple of weapons that arent in at all like meltaguns. the alt colour skins for stuff like the plasma gun, revolver, and autopistol are all the models for the alternate marks so its not even like just the stats are in the game files and they need assets

i assume theres a good reason for them not being in and theyre not just being assholes, because releasing a bunch more weapons seems like an easy W

edit:

this eviscerator seems pretty great so now i gotta figure out how to play zealot properly again. i used to be good at it but ive been dying on the ground a lot since i came back to the game

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 10, 2023

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I don't care for shred on the eviscerator because the stacks get removed every time you block or miss, which is real dumb on the evi. Try bloodletter.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

The base Eviscerator weapon is really good, but its blessings are awful. Notable by their absence are stacking power%age blessings.

Maelstrom trip report: Mark of Nurgle on Muties makes them groundpound you repeatedly. MoN on Trappers makes them very high stagger.

Senethro fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Aug 10, 2023

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

idk if this other tigris i have is better, i need to undo the crit refinement cause it was done with the old system where you just rerolled over and over and that was where i gave up on it

it has worse base stats but possibly better perks and blessings? idk whether to sacrifice it to get the bloodletter perk off it

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Well this is out of nowhere.

https://www.pcgamer.com/i-dont-thin...-its-4-classes/

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

what in the gently caress

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
bullshit the game is dead it has to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

toasterwarrior posted:

bullshit the game is dead it has to be

Is 2k players currently online a dead game to you?? :grin: