Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Revins posted:

I made some garlic cheddar mashed potatoes last night and they were bomb, I just thought you all should know

I'm sad cause I want to eat garlic cheddar mashed potatoes now and I have none :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Was Sizzler also a partially self serve steakplace like Bonanza?

You'd grab a tray and serve yourself for the first course. Anything after was by waitress/waiter.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

Revins posted:

I made some garlic cheddar mashed potatoes last night and they were bomb, I just thought you all should know

please explain your method because i can never make this work :argh:

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Ruby Gloom posted:

please explain your method because i can never make this work :argh:

4 medium sized russet potatoes, skin on, cut into 1" chunks, heavily salted water at a rolling boil for 12-14 min, start pokin em at 12 min. While waiting for the water to boil dice 1 medium sized yellow onion and sautee in half a stick of butter, save the other half of the butter for the end. Once the onions turn translucent turn down the burner a little and add 4-6 cloves of garlic (I have a garlic press but minced works) and continue to cook over low heat. once potatoes are done drain them and return them quickly to the pot, add your sauteed onion and garlic + all that flavored butter as well as the rest of the stick of butter. Mash thoroughly while slowly drizzling in whole milk until desired creaminess, I use a hand masher and probably added about a 1/4 cup milk, not much at all really. added in 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar and stirred until fully incorporated. oh I also added in some of the juice from the applewood smoked bacon pork loin I baked, which was a good call

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I just smoked before typing that and it took me minute tbh lol

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

dinner at revins tonight

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

seriously

i need the taters

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TIP posted:

dinner at revins tonight

Sounds like some dark enemy dinner place.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

TIP posted:

dinner at revins tonight

I need to see the full menu first.

Half related: Mexican Coca-Cola in the glass bottles is pretty solid. I semi-randomly impulse grabbed some at Walmart today.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

its so wild to me that what used to be a black market import by taquerias is now fully a corporate thing

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

guhhhhh, I'd been doing so well on losing weight and keeping it off for the last two years and then I put on 20 pounds in the last two months :btroll:

so now I'm counting my calories

my goal is to lose 1.5 pounds per week, so it should only take a little longer to lose it than it took to gain it :toot:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Still thinking about Ye Olde Tugge Shoppe

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

at that rate it should only take about 90 days

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

when I first saw it I only saw the painting and thought lol yeah that is kinda derpies

then later when I saw the name of the shop :vince:

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

TIP posted:

at that rate it should only take about 90 days

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I'm already doing the broken hand challenge

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Tip, you should try some jazzercise. An excuse to wear a unitard!!

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

JOIN THE 90 DAY BROKEN HAND CHALLENGE

GET YOUR HANDS IN A NEW SHAPE

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

lol Me and Tuggah. Fightin' around the world.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Literally A Person posted:

Tip, you should try some jazzercise. An excuse to wear a unitard!!

I definitely cannot do jazz hands right now, which I assume are essential

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TIP posted:

I definitely cannot do jazz hands right now, which I assume are essential

C'mon brother, I know you can. Just raise up your hands.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

tbh i should not be doing any amount of squats because now i injure myself every drat time :mad:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

There's this one very specific spot in my back that has been hurting since I got over COVID and it's driving me loving crazy.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
so we going to sizzler or what

Beer Gay So What fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Aug 9, 2023

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

this outer limits I'm watching seems to take place in the hell comes to frogtown universe

condoms are illegal and sex ed in school is them being like "YOU BETTER BECOME SEXUALLY ACTIVE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AND gently caress A LOT"

the plot is following a woman who has gotten pregnant and she's terrified it will become a mutant (frog I assume)

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I can't believe they got kuato for this episode

:nms:

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
A couple of weeks ago I figured how to quickly and perfectly cook the frozen pastries from M&S in the air fryer and I've had a perfect, fresh Pain au Chocolat or a chocolate twist nearly every day since.

I should probably stop.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCJsO-vBa_0

A rainy day song for a rainy day

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

ReelBigLizard posted:

A couple of weeks ago I figured how to quickly and perfectly cook the frozen pastries from M&S in the air fryer and I've had a perfect, fresh Pain au Chocolat or a chocolate twist nearly every day since.

I should probably stop.

Oh that sounds really dangerous.

There's a chain kiosk (think WHSmith) on the metro station platform where I wait when going to work, and they have a coffee & baked goods offer. Their cardamom chocolate chip buns are good, but the chocolate croissants are excellent. Other franchises seem worse at them, but I guess it's just because they sell so many they're always fresh.

I'm trying to convince myself to not have them for breakfast every day.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

ReelBigLizard posted:

I should probably stop.

oh man i saw the pret a manger ones in tesco the other day and was like "ehh too much hassle" but holy poo poo i never thought of doing them in the air fryer :aaaaa:

this is dangerous information

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

today's vibes brought to you by The Interrupters :hmmyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okad2AmxoNA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEwCe679DUI

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

TIP posted:

I can't believe they got kuato for this episode

:nms:

That's a lot of belly buttons.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Start. The. Reactor.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
My mood today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6gcxNFc1I0

I’ll spare the details since it’s probably boring to y’all, but work is loving horrible today with our boss being a petty, controlling rear end in a top hat. One great guy is already openly talking of submitting his 2 week notice today, and probably will. loving sucks rear end.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

fartknocker posted:

My mood today:

I’ll spare the details since it’s probably boring to y’all, but work is loving horrible today with our boss being a petty, controlling rear end in a top hat. One great guy is already openly talking of submitting his 2 week notice today, and probably will. loving sucks rear end.

this sucks dude :( but perhaps this excellent doggo will make you feel better

https://i.imgur.com/HqBIPoY_lq.mp4

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

fartknocker posted:

My mood today:

Probably a Cowboys fan.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Poop Qu—no, wait, sorry—POP QUIZ! Birds can fart: true or false? 🤔

It’s true! But it doesn’t happen often. While birds, like these pelagic cormorants, have the anatomical ability to fart, they don’t carry the kinds of bacteria that produce gas in their stomachs (unlike humans 😅). So it would be abnormal for them to toot but not impossible—the more you know! 🌟

Monterey Bay Aquarium knows what is on my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Ruby Gloom posted:

this sucks dude :( but perhaps this excellent doggo will make you feel better

https://i.imgur.com/HqBIPoY_lq.mp4

It does, yes. Good doggo!

DONKEY SALAMI posted:

Probably a Cowboys fan.

Nope, Dolphins fan :rolleyes:

I had a half day today, so I'm home already and missing what is likely some blowing up, but I've spent the last half hour making the first small but extremely significant step of updating my resume for the first time since early 2021.