Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Al! posted:

theres an xcom3??????

you know drat well there is not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Al! posted:

theres an xcom3??????

There's an actual xcom too:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/EXCOMM

OPERATION EXPLODING HEAD

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
its always funny to me how the cuban missile crisis is presented to americans as this fantastic work of diplomacy by the kennedy administration instead of kennedy threatening to end the world if russia didnt back down

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

They talked themselves down from nuking Russia, so it was, in a sense, diplomacy

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Hatebag posted:

No, black oops cold war. Though presumably they're all the same type of dogshit

Oh. I think people liked that one.

Cod is a $120 new yearly BR map at this point.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Jon Irenicus posted:

Laz'eal is a theocratic fascist OP but I'm trying to fix her

I fixed her when I met her and she demanded I kill those tieflings or die. There was a third option.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

70 dollar a year nuketown subscription

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

indigi posted:

I love playing a tank in games but I cannot keep aggro in XC3 unless I’m the only defender. the other one always pulls aggro from me within like 10 seconds and I can't get it back unless they die or interlink

i always loved dpsing with plate classes in wow but almost always forced to tank because nobody could tank a drat

also lmao at remembering my rogue being #3 in DPS with leveling quest greens/blues in a PUG raid long after the cata xpac release

oh an anybody felt their accumulated leet action gaming skillz over the decades had made you a pro driver on the real road? i certainly do

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

indigi posted:

I love playing a tank in games but I cannot keep aggro in XC3 unless I’m the only defender. the other one always pulls aggro from me within like 10 seconds and I can't get it back unless they die or interlink

the best way to draw aggro is to just do a lot of damage, which is also why tanks kinda suck in xc3. zephyr is probably the best tank in the game since iirc it has a skill that deals damage when enemies miss you which is a pretty decent chunk of damage

or it draws aggro on misses I can't remember if it's that one or one of the dlc classes

turn off the TV has issued a correction as of 01:08 on Aug 9, 2023

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

err posted:

cspam on top bay bay :amerikkka:

lol

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Oh. I think people liked that one.

Cod is a $120 new yearly BR map at this point.

$120 and there's not even gokus , smdh

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Hatebag posted:

$120 and there's not even gokus , smdh

The gokus are even more

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/VinciusMedeiro6/status/1688758772154433537?t=d5Dgoq835PADUoYS36rsfw&s=19

Hatebag posted:

No, black oops cold war. Though presumably they're all the same type of dogshit

Cold War was the best CoD at the time, and in some ways is still better than the current latest release (MW2), with Vanguard being dogshit.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

[
Cold War was the best CoD at the time, and in some ways is still better than the current latest release (MW2), with Vanguard being dogshit.

Sure, I guess. i just hadn't played one since 2010. i was just surprised that it was exactly as bad as the game from a decade ago. The battlefields at least sucked in different ways

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/15lqp1j/baldurs_gate_is_ruining_my_relationship/

Lol.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

am i gonna have to gary gygax these gobbo children :ohdear: I just want to help friend bear

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

drat hard times for reddit user.... uh...... therightwhite

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The Chad Jihad posted:

am i gonna have to gary gygax these gobbo children :ohdear: I just want to help friend bear

Turns out you can just let them go: they'll drag a couple more guards into the fight but won't alert the rest of the area. Friend bear will absolutely murder their asses if he gets near them though

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

whats going on in fortnite

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

ya

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

fortnite is for children

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

PostNouveau posted:

I just got my first rank 5 on the first character (SMGs seem way way way better than every other weapon).

Tips for the melee characters? They seem particularly hard.

yeah SMG is really good. a very solid weapon especially with +penetration. I also use Slingshots, Shurikans, Shredder/Rocket Launcher, Minigun 6x Shotguns a lot depending on the character. dont really bother with anything else.

melee can be kinda rough but also sometimes easier. For something like Ghost, 6x Ethereal Axe is EZ-mode. Knight with 6x Sword is also EZ-Mode. For Farmers or Glutton, you want to go 6x Prune build. For Generalist, 3x Slingshot and 3x Cactus is very good since he gets both melee-ranged scaling that benefits both. generally you can still go ranged build very well on even ostensible "melee characters"

as usual, make sure to be stacking enough +Speed to outrun some boss bullshit and get a good enough health pool to sustain a few hits.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

They're doing the cultural revolution in fortnite. This is one of the latest skins:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

thank you

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
It doesn't even have the ebst character:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKMJ6cPFIIM

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

thank u, very informative. i definitely learned a lot

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
cant u play fortnite on mobile? someone might want to mobilize that picture plz

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i broke down and joined the nerds and ordered TTC Bluish White switches to replace these linear red POS that came with the kb. i can't stand accidently laying on a key and not knowing it no more. can't wait to bend some pins due to crap design of how you swap these things

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Hatebag posted:

They're doing the cultural revolution in fortnite. This is one of the latest skins:

I like the hat

The Cut of Your Jib
Apr 24, 2007

you don't find a style

a style finds you

hachi machi

but yeah, seb, don't police the games thread here, pls, I only know wot the yoots are doin in fortnite through hoot posts. it's deffo not like they're horny posting BG3

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The Cut of Your Jib posted:

hachi machi

but yeah, seb, don't police the games thread here, pls, I only know wot the yoots are doin in fortnite through hoot posts. it's deffo not like they're horny posting BG3

Lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Had 2 second place finishes tonight.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

mechanical keyboars are a placebo. they dont actually do anything. sorry to disapopint.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

cool av posted:

mechanical keyboars are a placebo. they dont actually do anything. sorry to disapopint.

they make me better at video games. sorry sillicone dome nerds

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

cool av posted:

non-kosher keyboards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Al! posted:

its always funny to me how the cuban missile crisis is presented to americans as this fantastic work of diplomacy by the kennedy administration instead of kennedy threatening to end the world if russia didnt back down

peace walker is a documentary