Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Doom's been a menace ever since they gave him armor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Techies escaped more nerfs which is nice. And being able to self detonate the taser is a nice buff to suicide > spam mines during the stun, as you can pre cast taser and not have to rely on getting the timing right.

The witch doctor ult being pure damage is scary. It's got lower numbers, but armor probably had a bigger reduction effect than the new numbers do.

Also seems illusion heroes copped a bit of a battering with a lot of the changes.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Doom's been a menace ever since they gave him armor

taking literally no damage

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Original_Z posted:

I'm not sure what to think of PA's new ulti, it seems way better now but also seems annoying to have to constantly be pressing the skill when in the middle of a fight.

It's annoying it's also objectively worse because it's affected by break and it's also dispellable so nullifier ruins her, this was on a hero that was already kinda bad

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

NtotheTC posted:

that midas change, god its going to be everywhere

It's nearly HoN's Alchemist Bones now with the 2 charges.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Pretty sure PA ult is still a passive? 20% on hit or 40% on a dagger for your next attack to be the crit, a buff (if not nullified) for sustained fights but now it's literally impossible to 1 shot someone with a rando first hit crit or dagger, so makes playing support slightly less miserable vs her.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Pretty sure PA ult is still a passive? 20% on hit or 40% on a dagger for your next attack to be the crit, a buff (if not nullified) for sustained fights but now it's literally impossible to 1 shot someone with a rando first hit crit or dagger, so makes playing support slightly less miserable vs her.
It also gives you some ability to prime a crit before you jump on someone: it's a 6 second duration so you kinda have to work fast (you can't just prime a crit and then smoke across the map), but it's more reliable than the old PRNG manipulation method.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
The necro aura change looks pretty mean.

The ghost walk regen is pretty nuts too.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Troll changes are good, too. A lot of small buffs to his kit.

Omni’s Heavenly Grace turning into a pocket BKB feels kinda bad. I much preferred him as a brawler than a pure support, but this will definitely put him in a unique support spot.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea bringing Repel back like they did doesn't seem better.

Not sure what I think of the CM changes either. I guess having a Force Staff + free Shard from Tormentor was too strong :(

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Original_Z posted:

I'm not sure what to think of PA's new ulti, it seems way better now but also seems annoying to have to constantly be pressing the skill when in the middle of a fight.
What I don't like is that it seems to make daggers no longer crit?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

e; ehh never mind

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

ILL Machina posted:

The necro aura change looks pretty mean.

The ghost walk regen is pretty nuts too.

Yeah the sceptre change means he's more vulnerable to physical carries late game, but he'll also be doing ridiculous AOE damage with a few scythe kills and radiance. Bloodstone and heart are now damage items on him

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
Willow being able to cast bedlam on allies should be fun

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Played a few games last night. Razor's new shard is fun, spent an entire game taking the other team for walkies.

Still want to mess around with the Willow change and I'm interested in how the Venge change makes the hero feel, she used to be one of my more played heroes but fell off kinda hard.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Aug 9, 2023

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

CM's new Shard is bugged; when it Frostbites creeps, it applies the 4.25s Hero Duration and not the 10s Creep Duration.

So you can't really use it to farm now lol.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

anilEhilated posted:

What I don't like is that it seems to make daggers no longer crit?

I think they still crit, just no longer on the first hit. If you have the buff, your next attack (dagger included) is a guaranteed crit, and still has the same chance to apply the buff for your next attack. It's just that if you haven't attacked anyone in 6 seconds, you won't get a crit on the first hit

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I've been saying they should make Treant vines count as trees since they added that spell in and I'm very happy to see it finally come to pass

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.

Plank Walker posted:

I think they still crit, just no longer on the first hit. If you have the buff, your next attack (dagger included) is a guaranteed crit, and still has the same chance to apply the buff for your next attack. It's just that if you haven't attacked anyone in 6 seconds, you won't get a crit on the first hit

It is interesting in post-6 lane. You can either play around the crits for last hitting, or only throw crit daggers. That is if you don't get pushed out by then.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.
Man, I honestly prefer when riki is a bad option for carry. He is pretty miserable to play against as a support if he does well in a game.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
2 games in and support venomancer still feels good, probably even better than before since spirit vessel now gives all stats and veil has been buffed. I still like going solar crest/force staff first items when you don't need a vessel but I'm better at being a backline support than earning urn charges

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Sab669 posted:

<winchart>

Sand King is absolutely nuts right now with his Aghs change. No one can fight in the storm and melee carries are just hosed.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I wonder how many of these ogre losers are buying multiple midas and a refresher before any real items

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Yeah overall the changes struck me as an Ogre buff. The Midas change makes a good item on him even better, and the Aghs scaling with strength seems like it should be a buff late game. I guess it’s a nurf if you were rushing Aghs with no other strength items?

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I don't understand all the Midas hype. You still start with one charge, the only real change is that now if you forget to use the midas off cooldown it'll start with a second charge, but I think most people who use it off cooldown will see no change.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

The guy who posted the chart did say Ogre's pick rate skyrocketd, so I'm sure that number is skewed by dummies who don't know how to Ogre

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

It can be difficult to always use it off cooldown. Maybe you’re dead, maybe you’re about to start a teamfight, maybe you’re Roshing. Now you have a 100 second window to use it without losing gold efficiency.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bawfuls posted:

It can be difficult to always use it off cooldown. Maybe you’re dead, maybe you’re about to start a teamfight, maybe you’re Roshing. Now you have a 100 second window to use it without losing gold efficiency.

yeah it's this, even doing my damndest to use it off cooldown I probably lose at least two and possibly three uses of a midas just in turbo, can't imagine how bad it would be in a real game.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Original_Z posted:

I don't understand all the Midas hype. You still start with one charge, the only real change is that now if you forget to use the midas off cooldown it'll start with a second charge, but I think most people who use it off cooldown will see no change.

multiple midas' also had separate cooldowns so ogres were going 3-4 midas + refresher orb (and then losing the game because that's utterly moronic). looks like it's patched now so they share cooldowns though

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Midas change is exciting because two is better than one, as evidenced by Ogre Magi and Jakiro

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

bawfuls posted:

Yeah overall the changes struck me as an Ogre buff. The Midas change makes a good item on him even better, and the Aghs scaling with strength seems like it should be a buff late game. I guess it’s a nurf if you were rushing Aghs with no other strength items?
It's a buff for core ogre, nerf for support ogre. I feel they keep moving him into a core role.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Even a support ogre will gain enough strength just from getting 4.2 per level that he'll eventually deal more damage with the new unrefined blast, not counting attribute boosts, the +30 strength talent at 20, and the strength from various support items you're buying.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

But Midas doesn't have any Strength :colbert:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I've been buying midas even on support ogre in my low bracket games. The synergy with multicast is too insane to pass up, and lower skill games tend to last longer anyway.

Geight posted:

Even a support ogre will gain enough strength just from getting 4.2 per level that he'll eventually deal more damage with the new unrefined blast, not counting attribute boosts, the +30 strength talent at 20, and the strength from various support items you're buying.
plus the 10 strength from Aghs itself

Old version was 275 damage, new one is 150 + 1.5xSTR. So you need 83.333 STR to do more than 275 damage.

Ogre has 23 base strength and 4.2 per level, which means level 15 if you had NO other strength on items. If you have nothing but Aghs, then you need level 12 to be at 275 damage on unrefined fireblast.

How often did you get an Aghs before level 12 on Ogre? Gonna guess that's pretty rare, so this is a buff in nearly all cases.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 10, 2023

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Best use of ogre is still pos3 vanguard Midas into as-needed auras into sheepstick

Some pros were trying him pos1 in 7.33 but no one’s been brave enough so far in .34

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

bawfuls posted:

I've been buying midas even on support ogre in my low bracket games. The synergy with multicast is too insane to pass up, and lower skill games tend to last longer anyway.

plus the 10 strength from Aghs itself

Old version was 275 damage, new one is 150 + 1.5xSTR. So you need 83.333 STR to do more than 275 damage.

Ogre has 23 base strength and 4.2 per level, which means level 15 if you had NO other strength on items. If you have nothing but Aghs, then you need level 12 to be at 275 damage on unrefined fireblast.

How often did you get an Aghs before level 12 on Ogre? Gonna guess that's pretty rare, so this is a buff in nearly all cases.

Oh man I was doing all my math where it was 150+STR, I just didn't realize the 1.5 modifier. Yeah that's a buff in any practical case, honestly.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Geight posted:

Oh man I was doing all my math where it was 150+STR, I just didn't realize the 1.5 modifier. Yeah that's a buff in any practical case, honestly.
:same: That is pretty nice.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Played a game as ogre earlier and yeah people just do not respect the damage from unrefined fireblast yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

They sent NP even farther into 'We'll probably win but it's going to be extremely annoying' because now he's a pain to lane against with the sprout changes. If you don't break out you take damage, if you use a tango to break out you don't get healing from the tree.