Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
ZZ Top was prescient

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Chris Knight posted:

ZZ Top was prescient

You met a lady with legs..?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I know I voted for em

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I had this happen to me, some bogus welsh book is now assigned to me in goodreads

there's no obvious way to remove it even though I have librarian rights on there and it's my own author profile

mystes
May 31, 2006

find them and stab them cutely

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

MononcQc posted:

I had this happen to me, some bogus welsh book is now assigned to me in goodreads

there's no obvious way to remove it even though I have librarian rights on there and it's my own author profile

hats off to Amazon for finding something even more unreadable and less appealing than erlang to throw in there

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

hats off to Amazon for finding something even more unreadable and less appealing than erlang to throw in there

it's a surprise your posts haven't made it yet

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

MononcQc posted:

how do you know you haven't written a book in welsh? maybe you just forgot about it

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i mean the word erlang might as well be welsh

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Shame Boy posted:

i mean the word erlang might as well be welsh
nah, too many vowels

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
rllyng

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

leper khan posted:

I've worked far worse jobs than amazon for a lot less pay. I don't think I'd have any issues keeping my responsibilities and working that job. I might even be able to manage working for _facebook_

It sounds like you have a bunch of issues you might want to work out. :therapy:

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

youtube, what the gently caress is this

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

Sagebrush posted:

I wanna try the free paint

its always this dingy greenish beige

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

Shame Boy posted:

can we grow food on the thawed permafrost, i bet it's got a bunch of frozen nutrients just waiting to be exploited

its a great time to be canadian

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
some russians grew watermelons in antarctica last month

https://www.washingtonpost.com/science/2023/08/05/watermelons-grown-in-antarctica/

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

BMan posted:

a couple days ago youtube signed me out with no warning and it took me a few days to realize that’s why my recommendations were totally out of whack

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

PIZZA.BAT posted:

a couple days ago youtube signed me out with no warning and it took me a few days to realize that’s why my recommendations were totally out of whack

no I'm signed in, youtube just decided to show me a screen full of "free with ads" movies that one time

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

BMan posted:

liartube.usa

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

rotor posted:

its a great time to be canadian

there's never been a better one

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Agile Vector posted:

liartube.usa
if you want 2 watch, it's free ok
if you need 2 ask, ASK

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

rotor posted:

its always this dingy greenish beige

Good color to repaint all the shop tools though

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Producers are doing pilot sites for growing wine grapes in Norway too:

https://www.wineenthusiast.com/culture/travel/japan-norway-wine-regions-guide/

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
this bit hit me

quote:

Even the observation of seedlings, growth, appearance of fruits and their increase brought positive emotions,” Teplyakov said.

If yall havent grown a plant from a seed, please do so. They start out so small and fragile, and grow up so strong and hearty, and then you get to eat some zucchini

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Jonny 290 posted:

this bit hit me

If yall havent grown a plant from a seed, please do so. They start out so small and fragile, and grow up so strong and hearty, and then you get to eat some zucchini

Sunflowers are really cool cause if you get even 1 to grow you get like 200 seeds to plant next time.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Greatbacon posted:

Sunflowers are really cool cause if you get even 1 to grow you get like 200 seeds to plant next time.

sunflowers grow really well in Denver to the point that our communal driveway is literal gravel and we get a big patch of sunflowers every year

Also there's a bunch of unusable land in between Denver airport and the city proper, so they grow sunflowers there, and when they pop it's so beautiful

so happy

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

there's a few fields here that grow them and they're delightful to walk through! we grew a few each year as kids and had some the size of dinner plates and my dad dried and kept the biggest over his workbench for ages

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Big Flower is so pretty and just, like, the nicest thing. There's no ulterior motives or bullshit or psychology with a sunflower. It's just a flower that wants to get real big. Let it cook

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

this bit hit me

it's nice but my dead hand kills everything green, even the ones that usually do ok if you ignore them.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i spent many years as a black thumb and then i realized less is more and water is more important than dumping buckets of chemicals onto the plants, and i managd to grow a whole lot of weed and then a whole lot of tomatoes and jalapenos. The key is plants will rarely bitch about too much water, but often hate too much fert. Drown those babies once a day and they will grow muscles.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

qirex posted:

the first time I hung out with a 24/7 lifestyle bdsm couple was an eye opener, in that they were exceptionally boring. I’d never met kinky people who seemed to be having less fun

bdsm is the most cishet kink imaginable

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

goblin week posted:

bdsm is the most cishet kink imaginable

i don't know if i know a single queer person who isn't into bdsm

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Jonny 290 posted:

i spent many years as a black thumb and then i realized less is more and water is more important than dumping buckets of chemicals onto the plants, and i managd to grow a whole lot of weed and then a whole lot of tomatoes and jalapenos. The key is plants will rarely bitch about too much water, but often hate too much fert. Drown those babies once a day and they will grow muscles.

this is the way, unless it's a succulent

if the leaves get so fat they're falling off from the weight, that's too much water

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

MononcQc posted:

it's a surprise your posts haven't made it yet

:supaburn:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Jonny 290 posted:

Big Flower is so pretty and just, like, the nicest thing. There's no ulterior motives or bullshit or psychology with a sunflower. It's just a flower that wants to get real big. Let it cook

im so yospos that ive been spending the past month or so reading about “algorithmic botany”

there’s like a million academic papers out there to work through

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Greatbacon posted:

I'm gonna be RICH

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i can't grow sunflowers here because the squirrels massacre them the minute they start to bloom. every time.

those little fuckers barely set foot in my yard otherwise, but if i plant a sunflower they loving ninja out of the trees to rip the blooms apart

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

fart simpson posted:

im so yospos that ive been spending the past month or so reading about “algorithmic botany”

there’s like a million academic papers out there to work through
that sounds even stupider than the "biodynamic " farmers who think grapes care if they're planted under a full moon lmao

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
thanks Accenture!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Chris Knight posted:

that sounds even stupider than the "biodynamic " farmers who think grapes care if they're planted under a full moon lmao

well it’s about how to use maths to describe the structure, shape, colors, etc of individual plants. im playing around with trying to procedurally generate plants to render into bad art.