Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

The MSJ posted:

What has this woman done to anger Mexico?

Maybe the snake and hawk thought she was a cactus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The MSJ posted:

What has this woman done to anger Mexico?

It’s literally the first word of the headline.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

What counts as "winning" this fight? Because I reckon I could beat some of those animals in a "fight" if scaring them off counts. Almost none of them will want to fight in the first place, so in most cases they'll probably just leave if you shout at them. But if we're locked in an arena until one or both of us is dead then it becomes a very different question.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

StillFullyTerrible posted:

That was Thebes, not Sparta, dumbass Putin ally!

Whatever it's all greek to me

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

That was Thebes, not Sparta, dumbass Putin ally!

When you're a Russian Plutocrat, everyone else looks like a Helot.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Tiggum posted:

What counts as "winning" this fight? Because I reckon I could beat some of those animals in a "fight" if scaring them off counts. Almost none of them will want to fight in the first place, so in most cases they'll probably just leave if you shout at them. But if we're locked in an arena until one or both of us is dead then it becomes a very different question.
Yeah, if I kill the king cobra before succumbing to its venom, does that count as a win or a draw?

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

Wanted to ask if I could bring a gun, but then I read that this chart presumes you are unarmed.

Doesn't say anything about the animals, though, so be cautious. Wouldn't want to go up against a medium sized dog with an assault rifle.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Armed guard dogs are no joke.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
I feel like the spirit of the question requires you assume the animal wants to fight you and is actively trying to, and vice versa.

Interesting how Americans are way more confident about geese specifically.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I do not think I could win a fight with a goose. I could make the goose lose, but I think the odds are very low that I would be feeling that "I won" at that point.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
No one wants to fight a goose, but come on, they’ve got hollow bones and even some newborn babies outweigh them.

In a fight to the death, that goose is cooked.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Platystemon posted:

In a fight to the death, that goose is cooked.

I should hope so, if you're gonna kill the thing might as well get a dinner out of it

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Most people could probably kill a goose bare-handed, but it almost definitely isn't gonna be pretty.

Now a swan, I wouldn't like my odds with.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Yeah, as some other posters said the issue with a goose is not that a human can't beat it (with an injury or two) it's that I do not want to harm a goose.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Captain Monkey posted:

Yeah, as some other posters said the issue with a goose is not that a human can't beat it (with an injury or two) it's that I do not want to harm a goose.

And specifically if it's a Canadian goose, you don't want to hurt one in Canada or the States because they are protected by law.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
It's fairly easy to be permitted to hurt a Canada goose. The law mostly says we need to pay attention to how many geese we hurt so as to make sure the US doesn't deplete the Canadian strategic reserve of geese or vice versa. With the amount of urban acclimation (usually to the detriment of both goose and people) we are in a hurt-the-goose phase and we just need to keep records of all the geese we hurt.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I hurt a goose today
To see if I still feel
I focus on the honk
The only thing that's real

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
geese have knives now

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
If the goose gets a knife, so do I. :colbert:

(I still lose)

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
Swans can gently caress you up, no joke. You could beat one in a fight but if it's determined to really hurt you, not just bully you, it can deglove fingers.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Them Duke boys found something worse than just fighting the drat goose....

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Them Duke boys found something worse than just fighting the drat goose....
What if there was a goose in the dormer? No jury would ever convict.

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

mycatscrimes posted:

(I still lose)

Are you suggesting you bring a knife to a goose fight?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Swans can gently caress you up, no joke. You could beat one in a fight but if it's determined to really hurt you, not just bully you, it can deglove fingers.

There's no possible way to defeat a swan, if you kill one, you'll be cursed, and meet an untimely and gruesome end.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I've been bitten by swans a couple of times, and you'd have to have fingers made of pond weed to get even a bit hurt.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Elviscat posted:

There's no possible way to defeat a swan, if you kill one, you'll be cursed, and meet an untimely and gruesome end.

Does untimely mean sooner than currently timed because if so this sounds like an improvement on current standings.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The music of Michael Gira has influenced me violently on occasion so I'd avoid getting into this fight.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

Pookah posted:

I've been bitten by swans a couple of times, and you'd have to have fingers made of pond weed to get even a bit hurt.

they were trying to bully you, is why

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

I'd probably just not wear gloves to the fight.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

Captain Monkey posted:

no the secret is to wear gloves, then they simply remove the glove instead of your fingerskin

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Captain Monkey posted:

IMO clothes count as tools so you can't wear gloves or anything else. You have to fight the goose naked.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Facebook Aunt posted:

IMO clothes count as tools so you can't wear gloves or anything else. You have to fight the goose naked.

Only if the goose goes featherless too :colbert:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Facebook Aunt posted:

But what if I'm a tool too?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Captain Hygiene posted:

Only if the goose goes featherless too :colbert:

You get to keep your hair, birb gets to keep his feathers.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

no the secret is to wear gloves, then they simply remove the glove instead of your fingerskin

no deal

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's getting increasingly clear now why gallonseri, the group of birds containing swans and geese (also ducks and chickens) survived the Cretaceous extinction. They eat everything and fight everything, and wins. Inevitably, one of them was once one of the largest land animals in Europe, Asia and North America.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Just like lovely little lap dogs have a genetic memory of being wolves, geese and swans have a genetic memory of being T-Rex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

mycatscrimes posted:

(I still lose)

I mean that's also same logic with humans, you do not want to get into a knife fight because typically the winner of a knife fight just dies in the hospital slightly later on rather than the street.

Elviscat posted:

Just like lovely little lap dogs have a genetic memory of being wolves, geese and swans have a genetic memory of being T-Rex

Even more recently a lot of those lovely little lap dogs were bred for fitting into small spaces and killing everything inside.