Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Still annoyed at dorries as one of the first things she did as "culture secretary" was overrule the listing of the coal bunker at the old dorman long works.

Should have demolished it on top of her, saved us all a lot of trouble.

I was also extremely unhappy about this. An iconic structure gone forever and for what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
What's crazy is them only waiting 2 weeks after buying it to burn it down.

What did they think they could do next?

Getting any planning permission to do anything else will take years. They could have waited another month or something.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Presumably whatever the gently caress they're doing at the port, lots of dredging going on which is also loving up the marine life.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

It wasnt even a listed building. Its mad.

According to the Telegraph, two separate organisations started making noise about getting it listed last week. Probably wanted to get out ahead of that

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Guavanaut posted:

Did someone say small village conspiracies?

I'm the person turning up to a place you can walk across in 10 minutes to complain about the evil 15 minute city.
Fiona Rose Diamond, eh? That rings a bell.

She's been barred from pretty much every pub in the Richmond/Twickenham/Kingston area for turning up and causing trouble - vandalising signs, pouring hand sanitiser down sinks, kicking off with bar staff and customers. Absolute nightmare of a person.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I'm the censored doctor, replatformed.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bought the doc some big shoes so he can tower over the ethics board.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He prescribed himself some sildenafil so he can join the Doc & Cum Band.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

OwlFancier posted:

Presumably whatever the gently caress they're doing at the port, lots of dredging going on which is also loving up the marine life.

Something to do with this probably. https://uk.angloamerican.com/the-woodsmith-project
New deep water berth on the Tees, plus the shaft near Robin Hoods Bay and a couple of TBMs inching along beneath the North York Moors.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Jaw dropping gently caress up by the cops here in NI

https://twitter.com/sjamcbride/status/1688965075376185344?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Big ‘this is the one thing we didn’t want to happen’ energy

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

quote:

"Regrettably, this evening, I've had to inform the Information Commissioner's office of a significant data breach that we're responsible for," he said.

"What's happened is we've received a Freedom of Information request, that's quite a routine inquiry, nothing untoward in that.

"We've responded to that request, which was seeking to understand the total numbers of officers and staff at all ranks and grade across the organisation, and in the response, unfortunately, one of our colleagues has embedded the source data, which informed that request.

"So, what was within that data was the surname, initial, the rank or grade, the location and the departments for each of our current employees across the police service.”

Mr Todd said the information was taken down “very quickly”.

"Although it was made available as a result of our own error, anyone who did access the information before it was taken down is responsible for what they do with it next. It is important that data anyone has accessed is deleted immediately,” he said.

“This is an issue we take extremely seriously and as our investigation continues we will keep the Northern Ireland Policing Board and the Information Commissioner’s Office updated.”

So, apparently, the way to get that information out of the police, is "ask them" and sometimes they will just send you the database.

Like it's a very small chance but if you just do enough foi requests eventually it'll hit the roll and then you skip straight to "here is all of the cop info"

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 8, 2023

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

For any non NI enjoyers - police security here is such that all cops faces are usually blanked out in media and cops generally live at least 30 miles away from the place where they actually work for their own protection, and they all have guns.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I wonder what their plan is? Looking at Google earth is an odd setup, pub an old farmhouse off on its own up a long track/lane. Like I can't see it getting permission for a big money making housing estate?

So was it just for an individual mansion? Hope someone gets proper(ty) hosed over.

This basically happened with a local pub here, although the unlawful demolition was stopped partway. Instead we just had half-destroyed ruins for a couple of years, then they got the go-ahead and now we're getting a new old person's home. I still think it'll actually be expensive shoebox flats but who knows

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

OwlFancier posted:

So, apparently, the way to get that information out of the police, is "ask them" and sometimes they will just send you the database.

Like it's a very small chance but if you just do enough foi requests eventually it'll hit the roll and then you skip straight to "here is all of the cop info"

i expect every police department in the UK will go insane tightening up their protocols in this regard tbh

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ok so that makes the strat unreliable for non TAS cop% WR attempts but potentially still viable in more restricted categories.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Big loving oopsie there... gently caress. :stonklol:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

The IT guys are hosed.
Not for releasing it, they will be targeted to get inside the system now.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I guess it takes the spotlight off the Electoral Commission breach that was announced shortly before the PSNI breach

e: If someone has access to both sets of data, then they'll also have the home addresses of any PSNI staff on the register.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Aug 9, 2023

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Sounds like, predictably, the new owners of the pub that got set fire to and knocked down in a fortnight arent some super smart international dudes but a pair of local scumbag chancers who have been immediately found out.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Thank you everyone for your kind words last week regarding me getting hitched, though in typical fashion married life is off to a rough start as she went down with an awful cold and now I've gone down with an awful cold. Got a horrendous case of insomnia too, so I'm up at 3am doing poo poo. Guess we have decided to speedrun the "in sickness and health" part.

All of you who said I'd quickly get used to the ring to the point of feeling strange when not wearing it were dead on.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Corruption within the PSNI was publicly known to be endemic, with Loyalist drug houses being publicly emptied by gangs of masked men mere hours before they were raided this past spring. It's not terribly surprising to see incompetence work hand-in-hand with that corruption.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Thank you everyone for your kind words last week regarding me getting hitched, though in typical fashion married life is off to a rough start as she went down with an awful cold and now I've gone down with an awful cold. Got a horrendous case of insomnia too, so I'm up at 3am doing poo poo. Guess we have decided to speedrun the "in sickness and health" part.

When do you get to enjoy the "in health" bit?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
New attack line on Keith just dropped

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Lord Ludikrous posted:

All of you who said I'd quickly get used to the ring to the point of feeling strange when not wearing it were dead on.

I'm getting married on Friday so I'm using your experience as a bit of a guide. Fortunately I've taken next week off so the inevitable cold shouldn't affect me too much.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Sounds like, predictably, the new owners of the pub that got set fire to and knocked down in a fortnight arent some super smart international dudes but a pair of local scumbag chancers who have been immediately found out.
Link?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Guavanaut posted:

Using volumetric units for berries somehow seems even more perverse than using cups for flour and sugar.

The ampere is of course the correct SI unit to use for currants.

That's how we count berry harvests, we have plastic 10 liter buckets (standardized size) and talk in term of buckets,half a bucket, two buckets, bucket and a half. So I sad 10 liters for the uninitiated. Since we go around the woods with said buckets and filling them.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Thank you everyone for your kind words last week regarding me getting hitched, though in typical fashion married life is off to a rough start as she went down with an awful cold and now I've gone down with an awful cold.

If you've got an awful cold you shouldn't be going down. :v:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Apologies for daily mail link but their article seems to be a bit more willing to talk/gossip about it than the guardian.

So the wife of a guy involved with the land fill next door bought it through some sort of holding company after issues about access?

Edit lol. The actual link. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12386233/Married-couple-face-questions-Britains-wonkiest-pub-fire-demolished.html

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

isn't charles moore the 'corbyn wearing a tie shows his lust for power' guy

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
we have bloody hogs trotters worth of berries here on shitnami island and that's the way we likes it, and 'angins as well :bahgawd:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

This country needs more go-getters like this

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
fuckin hell 20 tins of shandy bass would have me wankered

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Decided to WFH today as I had a training session and the sheer lack of effort the leads put into getting the "remote aspect" set up is somewhat staggering.
I'm currently sat here, watching someone physically holding their phone so they can point it at anyone who's talking. Before that, the laptop was pointed at the screen but only the bottom quarter was visible so we couldn't see the slides. And someone had to phone the venue to tell them about these problems, because no-one was monitoring the chat. :ughh:

Hoping there's a feedback form at the end so I can eviscerate them for it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

kingturnip posted:

Hoping there's a feedback form at the end so I can eviscerate them for it.

Sounds like a good way to get told “obviously WFH doesn’t work so it’s back to the office full time please”

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

kecske posted:

isn't charles moore the 'corbyn wearing a tie shows his lust for power' guy

Yes. Absolute posh psychopath.

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Apologies for daily mail link but their article seems to be a bit more willing to talk/gossip about it than the guardian.

So the wife of a guy involved with the land fill next door bought it through some sort of holding company after issues about access?

Edit lol. The actual link. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12386233/Married-couple-face-questions-Britains-wonkiest-pub-fire-demolished.html

Not even flats. Just want to expand the size of your landfill. Incredible

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Please stop using the word "boozer" DM, it makes you sound so common and uneducated. In fact, stop with all the horrible slang words: guzzling, necking, scoffing.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They should just stop printing words imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Quaff parlour