Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

How hard can it be to turn left on an oval dale?

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

Sega predicted Michael's accident.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

are they implying it was ever lost?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

i can hear this

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Rinkles posted:

are they implying it was ever lost?

They were hiding it from Lando.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Lol god drat, I love summer break.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The most offensive thing about these 2 pages is the aspect ratio of this screenshot.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Dudley posted:

The most offensive thing about these 2 pages is the aspect ratio of this screenshot.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Hell yeah

Also the most impressive thing from that 1993 Donington SEGA-sponsored weekend was the utterly enormous Sonic the Hedgehog balloon sitting on one of the hills.

Khablam posted:

If an engine does grenade itself in a race, they can introduce a brand new one in an all-new spec with "reliability" upgrades that also happen to make it faster, so maybe Max can finally start from 20th and still put 30s on the field.

There’s a difference between “updating homologated engine design to ‘improve reliability’ and also just happen to gain 25 hp” and “losing an engine from the pool for a driver,” they can make those improvements but each driver still only has X number of engines per year per the rules.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lol

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

That's a stupid edit.
If sonic has rings to lose, he doesn't die.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

harperdc posted:

There’s a difference between “updating homologated engine design to ‘improve reliability’ and also just happen to gain 25 hp” and “losing an engine from the pool for a driver,” they can make those improvements but each driver still only has X number of engines per year per the rules.
You have infinity engines if you're happy to start at the back of the grid and can somehow claim the engines are just consultants so don't go to the cost cap.
Max would be disappointed with second place starting 20th and we all know it.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Khablam posted:

That's a stupid edit.
If sonic has rings to lose, he doesn't die.

He lost the rings hitting the wall and thus the suspension through the face killed him.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Khablam posted:

You have infinity engines if you're happy to start at the back of the grid and can somehow claim the engines are just consultants so don't go to the cost cap.
Max would be disappointed with second place starting 20th and we all know it.

Engines aren't included in the cost cap at all anyway.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

Engines aren't included in the cost cap at all anyway.

and I don't think a cost cap for engine suppliers specifically has come into play yet either. just the current freeze on performance development, not sure the mechanism by which any of them would request to adjust the homologated engines right now.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

and I don't think a cost cap for engine suppliers specifically has come into play yet either. just the current freeze on performance development, not sure the mechanism by which any of them would request to adjust the homologated engines right now.

I'm not really sure how you do it when 1 manufacturer is supplying 1 team and another doing 4.

Dudley fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Aug 9, 2023

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
Ginger spice and her husband are disrespecting big valt

https://twitter.com/RBR_Daily/status/1688886947895242752?t=QtWd7-fa_dVKTavx1CIq6w&s=19

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Of course they're horse people.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

At least the Bottas horse is alive and functional as a horse

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I don't know if anyone has adequately appreciated Sega/Williams's anatomically correct proportions on Alain's legs in that livery

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I don't know if anyone has adequately appreciated Sega/Williams's anatomically correct proportions on Alain's legs in that livery

It’s just a cut out I think.

I went shopping for glasses today and really liked the Police X Lewis frame but the salesman told me not to even try it since “he has a really small head”. Amazing bit of F1 trivia learned today.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

More liveries should feature cut-outs. I want to see sandbags on the Red Bull and spaghetti under the Ferrari engine cover.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

lance stroll is going to quit, aston martin will sign hamilton

book it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

lance stroll is going to quit, aston martin will sign hamilton

book it

No thank you

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Dudley posted:

He lost the rings hitting the wall and thus the suspension through the face killed him.
Nope, this makes no sense.
We're talking original era sonic here. Sonic was invulnerable for 120 frames after losing the rings which more than covers the 3 frames it takes for his lobotomy.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Paul Hawkins crash into Monaco harbor would be a lot more worrisome to a fully ringed hedgehog

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yw5jkAHgME

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES
I just watched Canada 2008, wasn't aware Bobby Ku won a race. What a story for him after his giant crash in 2007 at the same track. He's leading the WDC after that race as well, that 2008 BMW seems to be pretty pacy.

Of course, it did take Hamilton rear-ending Räikkönen in the pit lane for him to get the win.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

The Qube was very fast but also very very crashy, which ultimately cut his career and arm short

Mokotow fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Aug 10, 2023

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Did the bald pole ever confirm if it was his jerking arm that got hosed up in the crash, that'd be a real tragedy

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Going way too far with The Stranger

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Thanks Ants posted:

More liveries should feature cut-outs. I want to see sandbags on the Red Bull and spaghetti under the Ferrari engine cover.

we can all agree f1 needs to be more funny

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

We are checking

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
you know the season is bad when even the summer break posts are dreadful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

MustardFacial posted:

you know the season is bad when even the summer break posts are dreadful.
question?