Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
i bet its branson

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

The wife has mentioned Branson as being a potential name for the upcoming Burd Jr. the second. She’s never heard of the podcast and this is all extremely weird for me.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Did you explain to her why you absolutely have to name your kid Branson?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Happy Landfill posted:

Did you explain to her why you absolutely have to name your kid Brian gently caress?

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Happy Landfill posted:

Did you explain to her why you absolutely have to name your kid Goatse?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

VERY COOL MAN posted:

i bet its branson

I asked how they would continue the show after he died and got the response "hire some people on cameo"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I bet it's Stirfry, and then Tim parts playing as Groomda for the remainder of the show.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Flipcup, who is pure of heart, is absorbed by Mother so she goes to Heaven. Branson has one less NPC following the party around to voice.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
It would thwart their plan to get another sent to Heaven, but Hot Roddy or Stirfry would probably cause Mother to commit suicide again if she absorbed them.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I mean, it's Branson, right? Flipcup and Hot Roddy are fan favourites and they're probably not going to start killing PCs at this point.

Though I can see an outside chance of Freddie, he's kind of done his character arc now

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It could always be one of the two goblins.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Isn't that Poopis on that cover and not Hot Roddy?

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

I, Butthole posted:

Isn't that Poopis on that cover and not Hot Roddy?

If it was Peepis, he'd have the Joe Biden shades and all the other ridiculous badass signifiers that Branson loaded him up with! S'gotta be Hot Roddy, right?

My money's on Flipcup or Peepis getting absorbed by Mother but only cuz the Bearowls and Peepis were both Mother-spawned, so it'd be a neat kinda "Full Circle" thing for Flipcup or Peepis to go back in, maybe make a genetic feedback loop that kills off Mother? I dunno but WE WILL FIND OUT TOMORROW. HYPE.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

VoidBurger posted:

If it was Peepis, he'd have the Joe Biden shades and all the other ridiculous badass signifiers that Branson loaded him up with! S'gotta be Hot Roddy, right?

My money's on Flipcup or Peepis getting absorbed by Mother but only cuz the Bearowls and Peepis were both Mother-spawned, so it'd be a neat kinda "Full Circle" thing for Flipcup or Peepis to go back in, maybe make a genetic feedback loop that kills off Mother? I dunno but WE WILL FIND OUT TOMORROW. HYPE.

I took a gamble on Poopis or Peepis and failed miserably :(

I just feel like Hot Roddy has been out of the loop for too long. Fly free on that hog lil buddy

It's also kinda hosed up verbalising it but I think I hope it's Stirfry? He's been going off the deep end (which is a lot for this podcast) and I feel like it's building to a denouement relatively recently - although narrative circle of Flipcup or Peepis fits more with Mother. I AM EXCITED TO LISTEN

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Wow, how didn't I realise there's a Rude Tales thread here

I binged RT last year and it inspired me to join an rpg group in my area, I even started dming a bit lately :shobon:

Oh, and since VB is here, I've heard about Rude Tales from your Twitter, so thanks for the recommendation!

Oh no did I just legally consent to dying for Stirfry? godDAMI

macabresca fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Aug 7, 2023

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I could see him killing flipcup so that he doesn't have to do the voice anymore

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

macabresca posted:

Oh, and since VB is here, I've heard about Rude Tales from your Twitter, so thanks for the recommendation!

Also same! I was looking for something new to listen to after Adventure Zone and saw you talking it up on twitter. I think only 7 or 8 eps had been out at that point. Been hooked ever since :shobon:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

In a similar matter how many Rude Tales shirts do you own VB? They seemed to be in regular rotation from what I recall of the Giant Bomb streams I tuned into at the time.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

macabresca posted:

Oh no did I just legally consent to dying for Stirfry? godDAMI

Yes. Yes you did. Report for Stirfry death duty at 7:00 AM tomorrow morning.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

everyone in that poster is going to die for stirfry

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

I could see him killing flipcup so that he doesn't have to do the voice anymore

That's what I was thinking. Or Hot Roddy, which isn't a hard voice, but just one less NPC he has to keep track of.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The real death was the Mother we met along the way?

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

macabresca posted:

Hell fuckin yeah I love to hear it!! I'm the Rude Tales equivalent of a Jehovah's Witness.

To answer the shirt question: I have a lot of Rude Tales shirts cuz some of them are dupes due to the previous printer sending me ones with printing errors pretty often. So I have a blurry version and a crisper version of a lot of the older ones - the pink wigged deBonesby, the Rude logo, the one of the cast as The Ramones, the Flipcup one, and one Con Pepe Con Carne Stirfry one. And a tank of Bless Us Hell Rules!

I totally get why the crew changed printers, cuz yeah, that was a lot of misprints, but I want the scoop necked tees back so badly!! I don't like crew neck tees so I don't have any of the newer merch... the new place doesn't do that fit :(

Also this new episode was absolutely fuckin bitchin, holy poo poo.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

…….huh. Well then. I’m interested to see if this sticks or we get Stirfry becoming born again in multiple senses of the phrase.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

guess we should change the thread title :smith:

Also leave it to this show to make me burst out laughing at, what is supposed to be, a touching musical coda. Goddammit this show is so stupid and i love it

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Aug 9, 2023

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Another good way for a character to die would be to say "I'll see you bastards in hell!"

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
If Mother commits suicide after absorbing Stir Fry, would that keep her from going to heaven? Christianity is real, and so is Catholicism in at least a non-canon live episode!

Mother is a fun character

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I’m 90% sure the Catholic pope is confirmed cannon in an earlier episode.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

Warbird posted:

I’m 90% sure the Catholic pope is confirmed cannon in an earlier episode.

Branson 100% said "yeah, Jesus lived in this universe" in one of the early episodes (I think around the Kebin era of the show), though it was definitely flavored along the lines of "look, this isn't speculative fiction, we're going to have weird anachronisms and we're not going to add stupid Jesus-style analogues to cover up when one of our players makes an allusion to Christianity by accident."

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
absolutely stunned by the summoning salt music mid-episode

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

goblin week posted:

absolutely stunned by the summoning salt music mid-episode

Thanks for this, that was a great moment when that kicked in, now I've got an hour and a half of it to listen to.

First track is from the episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi7Ox68FwE8

Warbird
May 23, 2012

That's just popular license free music similar to how you hear stuff from the Kerbal Space Program soundtrack pop up in weird places. Though I do wonder if the specific choice was made with the youtube channel in mind.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

I'm mad that this episode made me cry, and doubly that it did so while also containing so many stupid loving poo jokes

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Mother Part 3 episode review: :(

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It's okay, they can always recast Stirfry. Jodie Whittaker should be available soon.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Big Mac posted:

Mother Part 3 episode review: :(

Enter the Mother 3: Stirfry would DIE for You

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

it would be really funny if they went to hell next episode and stirfry is immediately like "hey guys"

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Wasn’t there an entire thing about them having to go there in a specific place and so on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

it would be really funny if they went to hell next episode and stirfry is immediately like "hey guys"

I would be shocked if this didn't happen