Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Cavauro posted:

cody nak. doo doo doo doo. cody nak [song from Rocky the motion picture, seen by everyone]

It works with Baby Shark as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Majinfoose posted:

A shameful thing

She lost her head

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Do fans of baseball and football weep for the plight of the casual fan
anytime they see a woman wearing a jersey there's a high chance they demand them to name any player on the team lol

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Going back to Wrestlers as Hollywood stars/Actors.

Any half successful wrestler should have a walk up head start in becoming an actor. Because:

They are experienced performers, with experience performing under lights on the big stage, or face to face in a bingo hall somewhere in Gary Indiana.
They are experienced in the mindset of "the show must go on", where they are prepared to adapt live and on the fly to setbacks, and will continue to get to the stated end goal as smoothly as possible.
If they are anywhere near successful they should be charismatic enough that people in the back row want to watch them, and personable/engaging enough that they can interact with people in the front row.
If they spent time in WWE, they have learned how to memorize scripts. And memorize them quickly. Because they were often given them 2 minutes before curtains up.

And 2 things that are very important for comedy actors:
They are used to and have no problem with losing/looking the fool to someone they know is in real life a lesser performer.
And they have impeccable physical timing. Knowing when, and how much to react.

I was tellpng my friends this when they were surprised at how funny and entertaining Cena was in Suicide Squad/Peacemaker. The man is a natural comedian.

And more wrestlers, if given the chance, would be too.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
and directors love them too because they can take a hit without having to work with stunt doubles/bad camera angles/cgi/etc

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I asked my wife if she could name a wrestler and she said Sheamus. She couldn’t name anyone else.

Tell your wife some random internet stranger approves

Digital Jedi posted:

Me:Asking the question
Random person: The Rock?
Me: No he isn't active
Random Person: uhhhh Cena?
Me: No he isn't active
Random person: *blanky stares at me*

I imagine Roman, Brock, Ronda have to be the most known and 2 of them are known for non WWE things.
Cody maybe but i don't think he has ever got into the mainstream.

How many non wrestling people these days know Cena and Rock were wrestlers? Or would even know who Rock is and then have an OHHHHHH moment when you say Dwayne Johnson? Or know who Cena is until you say Peacemaker?

(or know Roman is anyone at all you're supposed to be impressed by in Hobbs and Shaw)

Intruder fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Aug 9, 2023

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JoshGreshamORG/status/1689087317951000576

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Aug 9, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Alaois posted:

everyone knows Sheamus

not a joke, Sheamus literally does seem to be one of the few wrestlers that have stuck out in people's mind over the past decade+.
he has an actual look and a name that you can remember instead of being an oil tanned white guy named Gunjoseph McZabin

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Intruder posted:

How many non wrestling people these days know Cena and Rock were wrestlers? Or would even know who Rock is and then have an OHHHHHH moment when you say Dwayne Johnson? Or know who Cena is until you say Peacemaker?
people 100% know john cena was a wrestler because of the its john cena memes (real)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Endorph posted:

people 100% know john cena was a wrestler because of the its john cena memes (real)

Fair

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I think non-wrestling people could tell you that Rock/Batista/Cena were Wrestlers but could not tell you a single thing they actually did as wrestlers. They're just "That guy that was in WWE and now he does Movies."

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The rock did that song with that guy too

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Endorph posted:

he has an actual look and a name that you can remember instead of being an oil tanned white guy named Gunjoseph McZabin

Yeah, when I was getting back into wrestling and started watching Raw again, Sheamus stuck out because he is so pale that he practically glows on TV. Most everyone else is covered in oil and bronzer, but if you had told me then that Sheamus has spent his entire life avoiding the sun as much as humanly possible I'd have believe you

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he clearly says get out my face right now. goon ear blindness

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

e

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Aug 9, 2023

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, when I was getting back into wrestling and started watching Raw again, Sheamus stuck out because he is so pale that he practically glows on TV. Most everyone else is covered in oil and bronzer, but if you had told me then that Sheamus has spent his entire life avoiding the sun as much as humanly possible I'd have believe you

Sheamus does actually have to stay out of sunlight so as not to ruin his look

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Walking around covered in bandages and a trenchcoat like a hench invisible man

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Endorph posted:

This somehow has over 11 million views

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7164471434755034373

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

blunt posted:

This somehow has over 11 million views

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7164471434755034373

the best version of this meme is the one where he puts on a serious voice and goes 'a former marine needs your support... AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA!!!!"

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The entire prank call is still honestly really funny.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Carmelo_WWE/status/1689103649962594304

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gresham has been called this in every conversation he's ever had with a black person so he just hears it everywhere now.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Legit thought Dijak said it before clicking play based on the still.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Only Vince is allowed to say that.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
wish i could find the video of maffew and friends cheering and clapping when they open the wwe network and find the booker t clip unaltered

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

The entire prank call is still honestly really funny.

Hello. You have a collect call from ~JOHN CENA~. Do you accept the charges?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

MJeff posted:

Gresham has been called this in every conversation he's ever had with a black person so he just hears it everywhere now.

Josh Gresham is not John Gresham

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
He looks different from how I remember him when he was presenting afterburn and velocity

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RealityWarCriminal posted:

wish i could find the video of maffew and friends cheering and clapping when they open the wwe network and find the booker t clip unaltered

lol

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

My favorite thing about the Cena meme was how when asked about it, you could tell that he wasn't a fan and was kind of annoyed by it. Meanwhile, Orton was laughing his rear end off for about a month thanks to the RKO memes making the rounds.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Hello. You have a collect call from ~JOHN CENA~. Do you accept the charges?

He did not accept that.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

He did not accept that.

he accepted it you son of a bitch

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That prank call is unrealistic, Cena defending the title in a 6-way steel cage match is way too awesome for that era of WWE.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

MJeff posted:

That prank call is unrealistic, Cena defending the title in a 6-way steel cage match is way too awesome for that era of WWE.

That’s just an Elimination Chamber match

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

That’s just an Elimination Chamber match

Excuse me it was a spit swapping makeout match

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Seriously where is this video. I’ve been trying to find it too

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

he clearly says get out my face right now. goon ear blindness

He clearly says "Laurel"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Julio Cruz posted:

but what about mainstream famous person Rhea Ripley

rhea Ripley is no joke prob the active wrestler i hear get mentioned most by non wrestling fans

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

She kicks rear end looks cool as gently caress and cuts great promos plus runs with a hot faction. Rhea is the poo poo, love Mami.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Seriously where is this video. I’ve been trying to find it too
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ddtz6