Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Guillermus posted:

I have a HUGE PS4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

If they put Diablo on Game Pass and it works ok on Cloud Play, it's going to be the end of my productivity as a human.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I started playing Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town (on gamepass) and was thinking "wow this harvest moon clone is realllllllly ripping off the original" until I went to google and found out the whole weird naming issues and that Harvest Moon is Story of Seasons now. That somehow completely passed me by. I would have tried the game earlier had I known, I like Harvest Moon but generally dont like the knockoffs.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

tadashi posted:

If they put Diablo on Game Pass and it works ok on Cloud Play, it's going to be the end of my productivity as a human.

I kind of doubt it will be on cloud play

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

pseudanonymous posted:

I kind of doubt it will be on cloud play

Why?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Thankfully CoD either won't be on cloud play or the latency will make it uncompetitive to play so I'm safe :haw:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Isn’t multiplayer latency on cloud gaming technically better and potentially an actual advantage?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zwille posted:

Isn’t multiplayer latency on cloud gaming technically better and potentially an actual advantage?

No way.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zwille posted:

No, complete opposite.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Zwille posted:

This was a Stadia marketing point. I think with a future cloud service it could theoretically happen in optimal circumstances and with advances in streaming tech. Maybe.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok well technically it could be true that your instance would have ultra low latency due to server locations and stuff but the added latency it takes to transcode the video and the input lag would negate all of that by a significant amount.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Lemme school y'all about negative latency

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

It would be interesting if the cloud based negates peeker's advantage (basically if someone jumps wide around a corner they see what's going on before the person(s) around the corner sees the person has jumped in front of them, iirc)

I still think input lag would be the killer tho

I think there was some guy demo'ing stadia and he pressed the jump key and there was like *pause, character jumps*

That'd get super annoying.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Why isn’t the 360 version of Wolfenstein 3D on Game Pass?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Kevyn posted:

probably because why would anyone want that?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
To shoot nazis

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The original Wolfenstein 3D is still the best game in the series.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Kevyn posted:

To shoot nazis

sorry I thought you meant the 360 version of The New Order, I can't read.

That release predates the Bethesda buyout of id, I bet there's some publisher bullshit there.

e: whoops, no it doesn't. gently caress, Phil, put it on gamepass!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

On Steam, Wolfenstein 3D shows as Bethesda Softworks as the publisher.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Also, Quakecon 2023 starts tomorrow, and I know I shouldn't pay attention to rumors, but there's some exciting stuff that might be happening for new games from ID Software, including a Quake II Remaster that is like the Quake 1 remaster, plus a possible Quake V announcement.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I tried to play Book Walker but there is no option to invert Y axis so I had to uninstall it.

Sad!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I tried playing Halo Infinite's campaign again for the first time since launch.

The game looks terrible, even 4k on the Series X. The terrain is uninteresting and it all looks the same. Then you go inside the various bases / installations and its obviously so much worse.

I turned it off after an hour. I guess I enjoyed it the first time but it absolutely does not deserve a second pass. I've been playing the MCC on my Deck and the games are just so much better.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah, Halo Infinite in general just really sucks and is a bad game.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Broforce is one of those games that is a perfect fit for Game Pass, crisp gameplay and absolutely hilarious*

*well aside from a Ukraine joke that has unfortunately aged like milk, but considering the game's subject matter it was kind of inevitable that at least one of its gags about foreign countries would do so

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

I said come in! posted:

Objection. Halo infinite multiplayer is amazing and I play it all the time. New map was added today

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Yeah Infinite multi is cool and good.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

infinite singleplayer was really fun once you get outside. great game

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The grappling hook really makes Halo Infinite. Without that it'd be pretty blah.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I have low standards but I thought Infinite looked nice

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I have played 45 days and 16 hours of halo infinite

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

I said come in! posted:

Dumbass.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My dude, your xbox profile shows you have never played Halo Infinite lmao

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

don't profile snoop. it's shameful behavior

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Halo infinite multiplayer is now excellent. The matchmaking in ranked where I play (at high platinum low diamond) is excellent, meaning I’m involved in a ton of evenly balanced games that tensely swing in the balance. The matches last around 15/20 mins which is a sweet spot for me (though everyone knows you can’t stop on a loss). They’re steadily adding more game types and weapons/pickups, along with the usual cosmetics.

There’s more teammates on mics than I’ve seen in any Xbox game in the last ten years. I love it !

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

I said come in! posted:

Freak lmfao.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Crafty posted:

Halo infinite multiplayer is now excellent. The matchmaking in ranked where I play (at high platinum low diamond) is excellent, meaning I’m involved in a ton of evenly balanced games that tensely swing in the balance. The matches last around 15/20 mins which is a sweet spot for me (though everyone knows you can’t stop on a loss). They’re steadily adding more game types and weapons/pickups, along with the usual cosmetics.

There’s more teammates on mics than I’ve seen in any Xbox game in the last ten years. I love it !

At least you actually play lol. I played through the whole campaign, and season 1 of multiplayer and decided it wasn't for me, but your hype around the game and talking about how its improved, is making me want to check it out again since its been awhile.

[edit]
So I played a few matches, and you are absolutely correct about the improvements and just how in general everything feels so much better now, and the new map is really good. Thanks for being the only chill person here too!

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Aug 10, 2023

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

John F Bennett posted:

I tried to play Book Walker but there is no option to invert Y axis so I had to uninstall it.

Sad!

If you go into controller settings you can make custom profiles that have different button remaps and inversions.

I have a controller profile called inverted that keeps everything the same but inverta y and enable that profile for games that lack the option. Only problem is I have to go turn it off when I go back to a game that I have inversion turned on because double inversion negatives itself.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

I said come in! posted:

insanely weak posting behavior, absolutely shameful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Kevyn posted:

I pondered this a couple years ago and just ended up getting a physical copy since I still have my 360. Looks like it goes for about $15-$20 on the bay nowadays. Not backcompat though which sucks.