Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

evobatman posted:

Scandigoon here, PM me.

PMed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Abundance is the dullest desire.
Some time in 2001 or 2002 I saw a weird flash animation I probably won't ever find again. It was on one of the flash animation sites that preceded newgrounds (like Icebox).

I was watching a series that was a collaboration - somebody different would take the next episode, new art style each time, story was told kind of like a camp fire tale with the whole thing being made up as they go along.

Some guy was going on an adventure or something completely forgettable for a few episodes, then the next creator took the bland collaboration in a weird direction. All I remember is the protagonist and a robot pig flying out of a house a minecart, rolling downhill for 10 minutes with no dialogue while techno music plays to black-and-white footage of midgets flexing in the background.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

All You Can Eat posted:

Some time in 2001 or 2002 I saw a weird flash animation I probably won't ever find again. It was on one of the flash animation sites that preceded newgrounds (like Icebox).

I was watching a series that was a collaboration - somebody different would take the next episode, new art style each time, story was told kind of like a camp fire tale with the whole thing being made up as they go along.

Some guy was going on an adventure or something completely forgettable for a few episodes, then the next creator took the bland collaboration in a weird direction. All I remember is the protagonist and a robot pig flying out of a house a minecart, rolling downhill for 10 minutes with no dialogue while techno music plays to black-and-white footage of midgets flexing in the background.

Newgrounds started in 1995 and had Pico’s School by 1999, it could very well be on there even if not originally uploaded there

Mormon Mother
Jan 23, 2008
Self diagnosed!
I remember something like that on albinoblacksheep but the memory is so vague that I'm not sure

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

There's a video of Gary Oldman talking about working with Joe Pesci and having to slap him. I want to show people the genius with which he acts out that slap, but I can't find the footage anywhere.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I'm looking for a video of some sort of celebrity poker thing where a pro poker player got really really mad when a woman went all in without even looking at her cards. I think it was from the 2000s to 2010s but I'm not sure.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I'm looking for a video of some sort of celebrity poker thing where a pro poker player got really really mad when a woman went all in without even looking at her cards. I think it was from the 2000s to 2010s but I'm not sure.

Oh god that sounds brilliant, now I'm looking for it too

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Isn't that a strategy a computer came up with that worked

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

A typing game from the late 90s to early/mid 2k. Vaguely western themed, minigames of shooting bottles or cans as you type words and trying to not get bucked off a horse by typing. Hardest horse was named midnight or some poo poo.
I posted this on the reddit tip of my joystick sub but all I got were chatgpt responses, very helpful.
I don't know why I want to find this but it's been something in the back of my head for a while.
was likely on an imac.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I think you're thinking of this from, like, not even a year ago. Dunno if this is the best video, it was hard to find the primary source instead of some clown yakking with his own opinions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB5flxVcq0I

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

I think you're thinking of this from, like, not even a year ago. Dunno if this is the best video, it was hard to find the primary source instead of some clown yakking with his own opinions.

so if i'm watching this right the dude got real mad that she bluffed him hard and didn't do what you're "supposed to do" because she knew she could play him. lol get wrecked poker dude.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

It was definitely not that recent, I'm pretty confident that it was at least before 2020. I think 2000s-2010 is the right range, but there is a slim chance it was from the 90s. The guy also gave a lecture to the woman that she was impossible to play against because she didn't even look at her cards. The guy didn't think she was cheating, just that she wasn't playing the right way. He was very vocal about his disapproval.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 31, 2023

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Arivia posted:

so if i'm watching this right the dude got real mad that she bluffed him hard and didn't do what you're "supposed to do" because she knew she could play him. lol get wrecked poker dude.

It's complicated a little because she returned the money afterwards which a bunch of people took as a tacit admission of guilt. But I think it's because he probably would have killed her afterwards if she didn't.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
It's not what you're searching for, but this one has been making rounds again in other threads and it's fantastic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDt90EyZnWA&t=1295s

(timestamped for chaos)

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

IShallRiseAgain posted:

It was definitely not that recent, I'm pretty confident that it was at least before 2020. I think 2000s-2010 is the right range, but there is a slim chance it was from the 90s. The guy also gave a lecture to the woman that she was impossible to play against because she didn't even look at her cards. The guy didn't think she was cheating, just that she wasn't playing the right way. He was very vocal about his disapproval.

Are you thinking of Fragmaster’s Bill Filmaff series?

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
Since he's in the news, can anyone find a video of Paul Reuben appearing on the Gong Show when he was just starting out? There's another video of him with John Paragon, but the one I'm thinking of has him and a woman doing kind of a campy, freeform comedy act with sound effects. There is a broken link to it here: here. One line from it "I can eat TWO wieners" has popped into my head basically every time I've had hot dogs since 2003 or whenever.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Isn't that a strategy a computer came up with that worked

People have been doing it since the dawn of cards so, not really no.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
An old wrestling video titled "Wrestling on Sunshine" featuring a lot of comedy wrestling set to the tune of Walking on Sunshine

Cannibal Smiley
Feb 20, 2013

Normal Barbarian posted:

There's a video of Gary Oldman talking about working with Joe Pesci and having to slap him. I want to show people the genius with which he acts out that slap, but I can't find the footage anywhere.

Okay - it wouldn't happen to be Billy Connolly talking about having to slap Willem Dafoe on the set of Boondock Saints, by any chance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRx7-c_hbFc

I'm wondering if you're misremembering the actors involved. Anyways, it's amusing to watch Billy Connolly talking about having to slap around Willem Dafoe.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

A Cracked magazine cartoon from the mid to late '80s. I don't remember enough to do a thorough internet search, but it had something to do with a guy walking into a pawn (?) shop over several decades and how much things changed over the years. If someone manages to scare this up I'd be impressed and grateful.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

A Cracked magazine cartoon from the mid to late '80s. I don't remember enough to do a thorough internet search, but it had something to do with a guy walking into a pawn (?) shop over several decades and how much things changed over the years. If someone manages to scare this up I'd be impressed and grateful.
The one where he sold a record by like "Wild Man Joe Palma" (clearly not the real name as it is getting no hits) in the 1950s for pennies and then desperately bought it back in the 1980s as a vintage collectable?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

My sis told me about this one episode of what she thought was The Twilight Zone, where there was this one MC trying to interview this crazy hermit dude who would always be clamoring to find some random objects in order to prevent some major catastrophe from happening. He would be wandering around his house going 'a teacup! I need a teacup before the clock hits twelve!' or something like that.

Then the MC finally succeeds in preventing the hermit man from attaining one of his random requested objects in time; for a bit nothing happens afterwards, proving to the crazy man that all of this was in his head, only for a major earthquake to happen afterwards exactly as he predicted. Then the hermit man goes 'I'm free, I'm finally free from all of this!', and he bolts out the door or something, followed by the MC starting to hear an inner voice telling him to look for random objects in order to prevent another catastrophe from occurring.

I heard about this in my high school days, I'm 34 now. I've combed through every episode of The Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits, still can't find anything like that episode description to this day.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Was it from the 60s or the 90s? If the latter, it could also be Ray Bradbury Theater, Tales from the Darkside, or Amazing Stories. If it was older than that, it could be Night Gallery.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I'm not sure but I'm gonna say the 60s cause that era seems to be the only one with staying power, the later adaptations of things like The Twilight Zone are usually lost to time and never revisited. I think it was played during an English class? Wouldn't put a lot of stock into later iterations since they wouldn't be considered 'classic' enough to be shown in a classroom curriculum methinks.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

White Light posted:

My sis told me about this one episode of what she thought was The Twilight Zone, where there was this one MC trying to interview this crazy hermit dude who would always be clamoring to find some random objects in order to prevent some major catastrophe from happening. He would be wandering around his house going 'a teacup! I need a teacup before the clock hits twelve!' or something like that.

Then the MC finally succeeds in preventing the hermit man from attaining one of his random requested objects in time; for a bit nothing happens afterwards, proving to the crazy man that all of this was in his head, only for a major earthquake to happen afterwards exactly as he predicted. Then the hermit man goes 'I'm free, I'm finally free from all of this!', and he bolts out the door or something, followed by the MC starting to hear an inner voice telling him to look for random objects in order to prevent another catastrophe from occurring.

I heard about this in my high school days, I'm 34 now. I've combed through every episode of The Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits, still can't find anything like that episode description to this day.

Its the 1980s twilight zone not the original https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Curious_Case_of_Edgar_Witherspoon

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

A ridiculous scene from a cop procedural (?) that I think was discussed somewhere on the forums: just before being shot to death by a cop, a criminal guy has a vision of a woman who's his wife or girlfriend in an alternate universe where he wasn't a criminal? Something like that? Then the bullet hits and he just dies. The conversation was about how the scene was one of the dumbest the person had ever seen.

Maybe I dreamed this, dunno.

What a coincidence, the last time I read this thread was two posts before this. That could be the short-lived NBC drama Awake, where Jason Isaacs played a cop who switches between two realities every time he loses consciousness -- one where his son died in a car crash, and one where his wife did. Late in the season he gets shot by a dirty cop in the son reality, but is still a free man in the wife reality.

White Light posted:

Sounds like an episode of the 80s Twilight Zone, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Curious_Case_of_Edgar_Witherspoon

efb on that one, nuts

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Look at that, the captain finally caught his whale, big thanks :discourse:

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

IShallRiseAgain posted:

lmao "right way" maybe first think about stopping your chips from going the "wrong way" dude

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Dr. Quarex posted:

The one where he sold a record by like "Wild Man Joe Palma" (clearly not the real name as it is getting no hits) in the 1950s for pennies and then desperately bought it back in the 1980s as a vintage collectable?

e: Found it! "Progress of a Cracked Technophile".

https://archive.org/details/crackedce103-95/page/n61/mode/2up

McSpanky posted:

What a coincidence, the last time I read this thread was two posts before this. That could be the short-lived NBC drama Awake, where Jason Isaacs played a cop who switches between two realities every time he loses consciousness -- one where his son died in a car crash, and one where his wife did. Late in the season he gets shot by a dirty cop in the son reality, but is still a free man in the wife reality.

I'll look on Youtube, thanks! Seems like goons were passing this scene around in a thread to make fun of how ridiculous it was.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 3, 2023

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
There's a couple of interviews from the 80s I've been looking for just to prove I'm not insane:

1. A member of Spandau Ballet who said something like, "We like to perform for people who like the same clothes as we do."

2. A semi-pro British boxer who, when he retired, was asked why his face wasn't scarred with cuts like his contemporaries. He said that after a fight, he would use fine, wet sandpaper to rough up the area around the cut and when the scab was removed, there would be no evidence of the cut.

And a longshot: a commercial from the late 60s/early 70s from the YMCA about taking swimming lessons. Part of the lyrics went like this:

There is fun in the water
But there's danger, too
So, you have to swim well
So nothing happens to you

Chorus:
Learn how to swim
At the YMCA
(repeated a couple of times)

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Mister Kingdom posted:

There's a couple of interviews from the 80s I've been looking for just to prove I'm not insane:

1. A member of Spandau Ballet who said something like, "We like to perform for people who like the same clothes as we do."

2. A semi-pro British boxer who, when he retired, was asked why his face wasn't scarred with cuts like his contemporaries. He said that after a fight, he would use fine, wet sandpaper to rough up the area around the cut and when the scab was removed, there would be no evidence of the cut.

And a longshot: a commercial from the late 60s/early 70s from the YMCA about taking swimming lessons. Part of the lyrics went like this:

There is fun in the water
But there's danger, too
So, you have to swim well
So nothing happens to you

Chorus:
Learn how to swim
At the YMCA
(repeated a couple of times)

I can affirm the Spandau Ballet quote being seen on MTV sometime in the ‘80s or ‘90s (i very well may have not seen it new, as well)

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Not entirely sure if this is what you're looking for but Annette Obrestad is a poker player who has won entire tournaments without looking at her cards, instead opting to use her position on the table. I can imagine plenty of dudes got mad at her when she beat them.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
A short on Conan, I think right before he changed his format for the last time ie still the hourlong show on tbs. It was about heroin I'm pretty sure and if not that some other drug. I can find nothing about it on the internet

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

It's probably lost to time because Flash is dead but one time in 2010-2011 thereabouts StumbleUpon brought me to an artist's portfolio site. The main page was an open carton of cigarettes and each cig was a link to a different page, most of which were just animations and such.

I only remember two pages: one was just the letter 'h' flashing in crazy rainbow colors to the endless looping sound of Brazilian Flower by Jean-Jacques Perrey.

The other one started with a white screen, then an old lady slowly rolls in on her scooter thing. Then another old lady rolls in on the opposite side. After a few seconds of silence they start beatboxing.

I went to that site once and I've never been able to find it again. Now both StumbleUpon and Flash are extinct so it's probably lost forever unless someone uploaded the cartoons to YouTube or something.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

A commercial from the late '90s, say around 1997-98. I don't remember the product being sold but it featured a woman standing in front of a mirror with her husband and rehearsing a discussion with her boss that she was pregnant. Might have been an ad for one of those pee stick pregnancy tests?

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Mak0rz posted:

It's probably lost to time because Flash is dead but one time in 2010-2011 thereabouts StumbleUpon brought me to an artist's portfolio site. The main page was an open carton of cigarettes and each cig was a link to a different page, most of which were just animations and such.

I only remember two pages: one was just the letter 'h' flashing in crazy rainbow colors to the endless looping sound of Brazilian Flower by Jean-Jacques Perrey.

The other one started with a white screen, then an old lady slowly rolls in on her scooter thing. Then another old lady rolls in on the opposite side. After a few seconds of silence they start beatboxing.

I went to that site once and I've never been able to find it again. Now both StumbleUpon and Flash are extinct so it's probably lost forever unless someone uploaded the cartoons to YouTube or something.

Flashpoint https://flashpointarchive.org/ has an archive of a poo poo ton of old flash games/animations. You might find this stuff using Flashpoint Infinity, though it might be hard to find if you don't know e.g. the artist's name.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I might have posted this here before, I’ve been trying to find it for a couple of years. My mother in law remembers a scene from some post-apocalypse book she read, where as the bombs are dropping a plane-full of Russian ballerinas bravely and stoically fly into the clouds, knowing there is no chance to land or survive. She thought it was in On The Beach but it’s not. I’ve read quite a lot of nuclear fiction but never found it. Any ideas what she’s remembering?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I was discussing with my friend all the insane racist poo poo that used to be on looney tunes back in the day and I remembered one of I think porky pig as some bespectacled asian guy who knew karate and was maybe a detective. He didn't know what I was talking about and I can't find hair nor hide about it on the Internet and I hope to god I did not make this up I do not have the money for therapy. Hell maybe he wasn't asian. I do think it was a porky based character though. If I didn't imagine it, it would have been on the looney tune blocks they showed on nick back in the day

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

I was discussing with my friend all the insane racist poo poo that used to be on looney tunes back in the day and I remembered one of I think porky pig as some bespectacled asian guy who knew karate and was maybe a detective. He didn't know what I was talking about and I can't find hair nor hide about it on the Internet and I hope to god I did not make this up I do not have the money for therapy. Hell maybe he wasn't asian. I do think it was a porky based character though. If I didn't imagine it, it would have been on the looney tune blocks they showed on nick back in the day

This could be it, or something related: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Milo and POTUS posted:

That wasn't hong kong phooey, was it? Not porky, but from roughly the same era i think.