Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Son of Sorrow posted:

I have to admit, while I'd heard the rumors that CSPAM was full of angry doomers I was not expecting this level of hostility to new voices asking simple questions. I suppose it's probably for the best you're not involved in any kind of action.

lmfao at the av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Hello fellow terrorists, how are your direct actions going, any details?

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

I was talking about political groups. You know, organizing ballot initiatives and pressuring politicians to regulate corporate carbon output and introduce mitigating legislation. I don't know where people got this idea that I'm a fed trying to entrap them.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
this is honestly the best bit i've seen in a long time

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

well hello kids, would you like to organize direct action against large corporations? tell me how!

what, you don't want to tell me? pussies

a bunch of 45 year old computer touchers are totally going to enroll in my fake terrorist attack entrapment scheme

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Hubbert posted:

i agree, it rules

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Hubbert posted:

can't believe some people in the discord wanted to chain probe this guy. he's under my protection

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Hello, I am SoS's primary account. As you can see, I have actually been posting in cspam for a long time and I am 100% not a cop. Trying to delete my other posts. srry

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Son of Sorrow posted:

I have to admit, while I'd heard the rumors that CSPAM was full of angry doomers I was not expecting this level of hostility to new voices asking simple questions. I suppose it's probably for the best you're not involved in any kind of action.

Welcome. It sounds like this has been on your mind for a while. This thread could use some fresh ideas, and it doesn't have a mentorship system or anything like that, so I suggest you just start posting them. You'll get constructive feedback and maybe some not so constructive, but if you lean into it I promise you'll start to fit in over the years to come.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

RIP Syndrome posted:

Welcome. It sounds like this has been on your mind for a while. This thread could use some fresh ideas, and it doesn't have a mentorship system or anything like that, so I suggest you just start posting them. You'll get constructive feedback and maybe some not so constructive, but if you lean into it I promise you'll start to fit in over the years to come.

You shouldn't promise that there are people who have been doggedly posting here for years and years and are still terrible posters

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Son of Sorrow posted:

I was talking about political groups. You know, organizing ballot initiatives and pressuring politicians to regulate corporate carbon output and introduce mitigating legislation. I don't know where people got this idea that I'm a fed trying to entrap them.
i will seriouspost and say that if you ever have any intention to become a part of or, lol, begin an operation to materially affect fossil fuel infrastructure or companies, asking publicly "hey who's up to stuff??!" isn't the way to do it, and you will always be laughed at just like this. that is because while you may be genuine, any group that accepts someone like you will be infiltrated and destroyed. it's happened a million times.

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Zodium posted:

can't believe some people in the discord wanted to chain probe this guy. he's under my protection

hear that piggo? there's a discord. subpoena that poo poo

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Cup Runneth Over posted:

You shouldn't promise that there are people who have been doggedly posting here for years and years and are still terrible posters

I don't see the contradiction. Feels good imo

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Tungsten posted:

hear that piggo? there's a discord. subpoena that poo poo

half of the discord is already compromised

freezepops
Aug 21, 2007
witty title not included
Fun Shoe

Son of Sorrow posted:

and yet you continue to post and have not denied the claims that you are a fed… interesting…

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

freezepops posted:

and yet you continue to post and have not denied the claims that you are a fed… interesting…
they have to tell us, legally

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Son of Sorrow posted:

it is pretty simple:

mags
May 30, 2008

these are plans drawn up via multiplayer chat in a vpn’d Dark Forces 2 instance at 2am after smoking two bowls of legally obtained medicinal marijuana, all uncle sam’s if he buys me plat

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

i always wonder if that story about al qaeda or whomever communicating by using private TF2 servers and writing messages with bullet patterns on walls was true

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tungsten posted:

gently caress off pig

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Son of Sorrow posted:

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

mags posted:

half of the discord is already compromised

after years of preparation, the trap is finally sprung. every single person who was in the panel van is able to produce a badge (representing a half-dozen public and private entities) and walk through the police barricades, empty-handed

Tungsten has issued a correction as of 19:25 on Aug 9, 2023

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Seriously though, work with mutual aid groups.

Political groups are basically filled with wreckers reading through the old OSS book on how to destroy an organization. You ever been to a DSA meeting where the entire meeting gets steamrolled by one person with a single inconsequential pet issue like "we need to make sure we announce that we're on stolen land before the start of every meeting"

that poo poo.

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

I'm saying it now, publicly and for everyone to read: I am not associated with any law enforcement organization or operation. I am interested in volunteering my time and labor toward (LEGAL!) means of political action. I hope this is explicit enough to satisfy the Rusty Shacklefords of CSPAM.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Son of Sorrow posted:

I'm saying it now, publicly and for everyone to read: I am not associated with any law enforcement organization or operation. I am interested in volunteering my time and labor toward (LEGAL!) means of political action. I hope this is explicit enough to satisfy the Rusty Shacklefords of CSPAM.

well a fed would say this

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Son of Sorrow posted:

mags
May 30, 2008

Tungsten posted:

after years of preparation, the trap is finally sprung. every single person who was in the panel van is able to produce a badge and walk through the police barricades, empty-handed

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

The Protagonist posted:

Listen here Jack

We will burn every granule of coal, every drop of petroleum, every zephyr of natgas until we literally can't claw any more out of the earth (due to any number of exigent circumstances)

The Great Work will be completed; there was never any preventing it, it was never even a matter of choice.

The purpose of a system is what it does

as long as a single drop of the oil remains, the joyous work continues

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice

Son of Sorrow posted:

If I were a cop, I would totally make up some scheme to "go undercover" on these dead gay forums and then poo poo post all day until I retire. Then I would continue poo poo posting for free!

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

the political solution is full communism

hope this helps

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Son of Sorrow posted:

it’s joever

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

The Oldest Man posted:

as long as a single drop of the oil remains, the joyous work continues

:haibrow:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Bet this cop likes "market solutions"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

silicone thrills posted:

A friend of mine from lahaina messaged with a pray for us and i looked at the news and maui burning wasnt on my bingo card.

Crack ping.
I was making fun of the red flag warnings less than 24 hours ago. Not funny now.

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

monkey must go faster. monkey must beat other monkey. monkey must make it bigger, stronger, more clean, more comfy

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

silicone thrills posted:

I realize this is a joke but I don't think any movement is going to get very far campaigning on reduction of consumer choice.

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Son of Sorrow posted:

I realize this is a joke but I don't think any movement is going to get very far campaigning on reduction of consumer choice.

that's what i just said

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

silicone thrills posted:

He just wants to incrementally work within the system to consider what we should do about this climate thing by the year 2075.

Unlike the children in this thread, who don't how the world works.

E: consumer choice lmao, the consumer chooses death 100% of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Son of Sorrow posted:

That's disappointing to hear. Are there any others that might be more promising?

To moderators: please note that I am NOT implying that a LEO should put themselves in danger abroad. I AM implying that a concerned citizen should go where they can work with people who are taking action to deal with the subject at hand.