Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Son of Sorrow posted:

I realize this is a joke but I don't think any movement is going to get very far campaigning on reduction of consumer choice.

we don't think there are any solutions either, we just appreciate the intrinsic beauty of ice shelves collapsing into ocean and millions of hectares of forest burning. welcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Son of Sorrow posted:

I realize this is a joke but I don't think any movement is going to get very far campaigning on reduction of consumer choice.

have you tried calling your local democratic party official? I hear biden has a comprehensive plan to fight climate change. They can probably help you find what you are looking for.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Son of Sorrow posted:

now that’s good

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

bedpan posted:

have you tried calling your local democratic party official? I hear biden has a comprehensive plan to fight climate change. They can probably help you find what you are looking for.

that may be on the democrats website under “climate”

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

bedpan posted:

The lack of action by Democrats is exactly why I'm looking for actions outside the party (but within the law, just want to emphasize that). I voted for Biden because I expected his administration to roll back Trump's policies and have been sorely disappointed. I've called them at local and state levels, as you suggest, and showed up to my local LD office. Mostly got runaround and requests for donations.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Start posting charts at the cop, we can crack him

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Son of Sorrow posted:

Lmao

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Son of Sorrow posted:

The lack of action by Democrats is exactly why I'm looking for actions outside the party (but within the law, just want to emphasize that). I voted for Biden because I expected his administration to roll back Trump's policies and have been sorely disappointed. I've called them at local and state levels, as you suggest, and showed up to my local LD office. Mostly got runaround and requests for donations.

Imagine hating black people and women this much that you would withdraw your support from the most progressive president of all time.

don't you know to not let perfect be the enemy of good?

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
SoS for IK

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

>Consumer culture
>Livable biosphere

Pick one

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Car Hater posted:

SoS for IK

mags
May 30, 2008

Car Hater posted:

SoS for IK

perfect resume

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Ya'll getting roasted by Baby's First Shitposting

mags
May 30, 2008

Just a Moron posted:

>Consumer culture
>Livable biosphere

Pick one

*this choice has already been made :beerpal:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Rectal Death Adept posted:

It's funny for a while.

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Rectal Death Adept posted:

is anyone here not shitposting? you have to tell us, legally

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

i'm not

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

my terrorist plot is to start an oil & natural gas company, become a billionaire, and destroy the biosphere

freezepops
Aug 21, 2007
witty title not included
Fun Shoe
he’s proven himself. we can link SoS the “book”

just pm me and ill make sure it gets to you

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Son of Sorrow posted:

I'm saying it now, publicly and for everyone to read: I am not associated with any law enforcement organization or operation. I am interested in volunteering my time and labor toward (LEGAL!) means of political action. I hope this is explicit enough to satisfy the Rusty Shacklefords of CSPAM.

how convenient you show up looking for fresh meat the same day the fbi offs their latest patsy

i don’t actually think you’re a murderous fbi agent

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

i'm perfectly sincere and normal at all times

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

i terrorize public restrooms with gas attacks

trying to get into shell rn

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

SoS to join me, meet me at the taco bell

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

everyone in this thread is either the twit who runs the low tech site or the moron who thinks drawing about him is worth the time. pick your fighter

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Lahaina got Paradise'd

err has issued a correction as of 21:01 on Aug 9, 2023

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I can't wait until it's me filming it

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I'm going to get so many likes

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Tungsten posted:

is anyone here not shitposting? you have to tell us, legally

I’m totally serious, go out an invent that magic future tech that will bail us out already, making us wait is just cruel and unreasonable.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

nomad2020 posted:

I’m totally serious, go out an invent that magic future tech that will bail us out already, making us wait is just cruel and unreasonable.

It's called a fan dip poo poo

Apathetic Medic
Apr 22, 2010

Fun Shoe
posting in this thread is the equivalent of getting bitched out by losers in the highschool bathroom while they try to hide the ciggies from teach, i think it's gorgeous and sublime to imagine that any cop or government agency would want to even imagine what's on the mind of c-spam regular

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

i have been following the suggestions of the people calling me a doomer, I buy the treats, I play sports with friends, I have grill outs on my roof.

now im apparently a nihilist for not caring about whatever new climate deal

like what do you want my dudes

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Apathetic Medic posted:

posting in this thread is the equivalent of getting bitched out by losers in the highschool bathroom while they try to hide the ciggies from teach, i think it's gorgeous and sublime to imagine that any cop or government agency would want to even imagine what's on the mind of c-spam regular

smoking makes me cool, loser

mags
May 30, 2008

we’ll all be smoking soon enough

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

they're called "natural" disasters they are literally part of nature

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Apathetic Medic posted:

It’s true, I want to be cool like that other guy. Come teach me your ways.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

quote:

I voted for Biden because I expected his administration to roll back Trump's policies

i wish i still had this kind of optimism for mainstream politics

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Zodium posted:

we don't think there are any solutions either, we just appreciate the intrinsic beauty of ice shelves collapsing into ocean and millions of hectares of forest burning. welcome

Been saying this

it’s honestly a scientific marvel. I don’t identify as doom more as a fascination-appreciation. like it’s truly the end result of a century long science experiment, one that no other human has ever experienced or probably will experience again, and we are here for it. it’s like winning the super lotto a thousand times in a row

it’s very fun

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web

My mom amd sister lost both their houses. The banyan tree is gone, the wharf, the schools, all old lahaina.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

either he's a gimmick poster or an actual cop, but a really dumb one, either way mods please remove.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Blockade posted:

i have been following the suggestions of the people calling me a doomer, I buy the treats, I play sports with friends, I have grill outs on my roof.

now im apparently a nihilist for not caring about whatever new climate deal

like what do you want my dudes

You're supposed to say you're concerned to whatever extent is fashionable but not actually care or think about it at all ever