Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

My 50/50 was Gepard so I'm not going to cry too hard, but that's pretty much all my Jade gone to get Kafka. Looks like I won't be getting anyone else until Jingliu, but I have more than enough characters now for a varied MoC run so I'm happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Dracula Factory posted:

His ideal situation is using his skill every turn, whereas Luka still likes to use basic attacks (which trigger Kafka's talent as well) so the synergy is a bit better. If one has Sampo built, he's probably still a great pick for wind weakness.

Sampo doesn't need to use his skill every turn at all, especially when Kafka is supercharging his DOTs. He's actually the absolute #1 ideal partner for Kafka because his ult increases DOT damage and he can stack DOTs with his basic attack. Kafka-Sampo-Asta-<defensive support> is the team I mostly see recommended as a "DOT team".

EDIT: Though Luka is also a good partner for Kafka. I've also seen Kafka-Sampo-Luka-<defensive support> recommended, as a more offensive focused team than the Asta version.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 9, 2023

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Fhqwhgads posted:

Got my next 5 early. In 32 pulls I got my guaranteed Kafka 2nd pull (was close to pity from the Blade banner), and in the next 3 10-pulls I got Luka to E2, Swordplay (new), Secret Vow (2nd one), and Gepard (new). Using the free tickets from Ascending Kafka, Luka, and Gepard at 20 got me Hook on the standard warp, so yay?

I've got a built Sampo already, looking forward to building out Kafka and Asta for a 2nd team. Not sure how Luka places here? I'm already running Sushang as my DPS on Team 1 right now.

So basically you hit the jackpot, yeah that's by far the best strategic plan :v:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Just remember, Kafkas around for another couple weeks not just this afternoon. Tons of times to see perfomance and teambuilding videos, let non clickbaiters do a proper analysis, collect jade and decide on these things. The way people make it sound sometimes on the first few hours of banners its like they're around a lot less time or something.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Am placidly content to stop spending money on this hell game for 6 weeks until the Fu Xuan banner (and hopefully not then either, I don't eidolon hunt or anything)

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Failed soft pity and got....E1 Welt. I'll take that trade.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Kale posted:

Just remember, Kafkas around for another couple weeks not just this afternoon. Tons of times to see perfomance and teambuilding videos, let non clickbaiters do a proper analysis, collect jade and decide on these things. The way people make it sound sometimes on the first few hours of banners its like they're around a lot less time or something.

All the main big you tubers already tested her a ton on the leak, most of these stats were known like weeks ago just unsaid

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Mulva posted:

Failed soft pity and got....E1 Welt. I'll take that trade.
Just looked up his eidolons and his E1 looks like the sort of thing current limited banner characters they're pushing would have as part of their standard kit, in a good way

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

My one pull regret was not getting luocha since he just enables such an sp positive playstyle but I guess somewhat of a blessing in disguise for the future since I have no desire to pull on jingliu which compounds with already having yanqing for that side of things. Spent 170 pulls to get Kafka since I decided gently caress it because it makes it easy to think of who I'll pull next

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Zurai posted:

Sampo doesn't need to use his skill every turn at all, especially when Kafka is supercharging his DOTs. He's actually the absolute #1 ideal partner for Kafka because his ult increases DOT damage and he can stack DOTs with his basic attack. Kafka-Sampo-Asta-<defensive support> is the team I mostly see recommended as a "DOT team".

EDIT: Though Luka is also a good partner for Kafka. I've also seen Kafka-Sampo-Luka-<defensive support> recommended, as a more offensive focused team than the Asta version.

That's a good point about Sampo's ultimate, I forgot about that bit. I think numbers will have to be crunched to see who is a better off DPS, but running both Sampo and Luka seems pretty viable anyway.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I have so far gotten 4 lightning crit chest pieces and no attack % ones so I guess I'm just going to build hyper carry Kafka with sw and Asta support

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Zurai posted:

Well, it depends. E4 Sampo loves skilling into a single target that has a 5-stack because his E4 triggers on every hit, which is basically doing a half-power Kafka skill but for Wind Shear only.

It's really a matter of how efficient your other teammates are, IMO.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Got very lucky. Lost 50/50 to Bronya E2 but got Kafka and Luca in the next 40 pulls. I'm months from building either of them :smith:

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I think the concern with Sampo would be more that his ult buff is a shorter duration and using his skill less significantly impacts his ult uptime.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

JT Jag posted:

Just looked up his eidolons and his E1 looks like the sort of thing current limited banner characters they're pushing would have as part of their standard kit, in a good way

Everything he does synergizes really well. The E1 effectively means his Skill hits twice as hard, because it combines with his debuff that makes the enemy take more damage. He's immediately hitting....really, really well now. I can't hate that.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

haypliss posted:

I think the concern with Sampo would be more that his ult buff is a shorter duration and using his skill less significantly impacts his ult uptime.

I have not had much issues with Kafka/Sampo/FTB/Nat; it may get stickier once Asta gets geared and slots in over FTB, but maybe not when Asta is *hyper*charging everyone's speed.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Futaba Anzu posted:

My one pull regret was not getting luocha since he just enables such an sp positive playstyle but I guess somewhat of a blessing in disguise for the future since I have no desire to pull on jingliu which compounds with already having yanqing for that side of things. Spent 170 pulls to get Kafka since I decided gently caress it because it makes it easy to think of who I'll pull next

oh i guess it wasn't 'as bad' as i said, and technically i did get kafka 'early' :v:

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
Got like E20 Serval as expected but some Luka and Sampo as well as couple Light Cones I did not have which is actually nice cause I had some holes in my coverage.
Was on Guarantee so Kafka eventually popped up and had 2 more 10 pulls so dropped those just for kicks.

First was Kafka again, next was Himeko...

What are you doing game?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Goondolences

I used the tickets I got from the embers and got her so as always, complaining on the internet works. :toot:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Me weeks ago: “There’s only one lightning ascension mat, I’ll farm some up!”

Spoilers there are two and I farmed up the wrong one.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bussamove posted:

Me weeks ago: “There’s only one lightning ascension mat, I’ll farm some up!”

Spoilers there are two and I farmed up the wrong one.
you can use that for exchange at least

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Well took until 88 to get Kafka which felt real bad but on the level up pulls I got back to back Bronya's LC and Geppard so that seems fine overall

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I think I'm skipping Kafka for E6 blade next rotation.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Endorph posted:

you can use that for exchange at least

Yeah I already converted them over, I just feel silly.

Now the question is do I go for E1 Kafka, or pivot from my plan of getting Imbibitor to saving for Jingliu instead.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
E1 Kafka is like an overall 17% increase in damage versus Jingliu who would be an infinity increase in damage over not having her

Denim Avenger
Oct 20, 2010

Excelente
The dot on the new Light Cone can have its duration extended by Serval's Ult, which I don't think will ever be useful given how Kafka is constantly hitting people, but it's neat to see that the interaction works as expected.

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!
Well, third pull in and I got Kafka. Pretty sure I had been doing odd pulls for blade and whomever I'm missing from the regular banner. Guess I hit a pity counter or some-such. Good day :boobeer:

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I need help with my debilitating choice paralysis. Who do I focus on so I can finally 30 star MoC? Jing Yuan is my only completed character. I do love the idea of a DoT team with Kafka but she'll be so expensive.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Dazerbeams posted:

I need help with my debilitating choice paralysis. Who do I focus on so I can finally 30 star MoC? Jing Yuan is my only completed character. I do love the idea of a DoT team with Kafka but she'll be so expensive.

I'd say Bronya because she's an amazing force-compounder, but she isn't really super dependent on the stats leveling to 80 would give her. But if you just wanna focus on completing your best characters, she's it. Welt can be a good, solid damage dealer.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The treasure hunting game is pretty fun. Kafka is indeed a beast and I wish I could get her.

I want to keep pulling for Sampo eidolons but I'll just end up with endless copies of Serval. I'll probably pop another 10 pull on Kafka's last day before digging for Imbibitor Lunae who has everything I like in a dps: giant aoe gently caress you damage.

Luka seems cool. I'm tempted to build him and replace my Sushang, or even run them together.

Also I finally have Pela! Now I can build her and maybe make better progress on MoC 6.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Which one is probably more beneficial to pull? Kafka's E1 or her 5* LC?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Revitalized posted:

Well, someone on this page just said her E1 is a 17% damage increase, and the video Endorph linked earlier said that her 5* LC is a 25% increase over her F2P option (Fermata, which you can buy in the MoC shop). And less of an increase if you already have a better LC.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Revitalized posted:

LCs are generally a better value than Event Es, since the LCs can at least theoretically be used on different characters later on.

Me, I got Kafka within 30 pulls (on a guarantee, of only ~55 stock), and then Luka on a 10 after that, so I guess I'm saving to try for Fu next? Drunk Dan bores me for the same reason Blade did, eh.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i got my kafka, i got her E1, and I got her LC B)

goodbye everything i was saving up, but it was all worht it because kafka is for the girlies (im girlies)

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
im girlies

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
There are 4* options that are very good for Kafka so you can theoretically go for her E1 but do you even have enough copies of Good Night Sleep Well for the 2-3 Nihility characters you run on a Kafka team?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Huh, i was not expecting in Kafka's companion quest You could just say no like 10 times and it actually lets you just walk away and not help her! Respect to any game, and a gatcha game of all things!- to let people just not experience some of the content. Good luck with Blade becoming Mara Struck, it ain't my problem!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Shame Boy posted:

Huh, i was not expecting in Kafka's companion quest You could just say no like 10 times and it actually lets you just walk away and not help her! Respect to any game, and a gatcha game of all things!- to let people just not experience some of the content. Good luck with Blade becoming Mara Struck, it ain't my problem!

enjoy not getting 60 primos fucker

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Endorph posted:

enjoy not getting 60 primos fucker

Aw gently caress! The achievement afterwards only gives you 5! I'VE BEEN BAMBOOZLED BY FREE WILL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I approve of Yanqing getting owned every time we see him