Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JERICHO AND TAKESHITA VS DANNY AND SAMMY 3 3.61%
TRENT VS MOX VS PENTA 30 36.14%
ELITE VS PLANNETT JARRETT 6 7.23%
AUSSIE OPEN VS KOMANDER AND VIKINGO 14 16.87%
SHIDA VS STORM 30 36.14%
Total: 83 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Am I crazy or was the Lucha - BCC match supposed to be a parking lot match? I don't see anything in the graphic referencing that.

I'm sorry but turns out you're crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

MJeff posted:

On Rampage there was a graphic that said "Lucha Bros face the winner of THE PARKING LOT BRAWL!!!!!" in big bold orange letters that kind made it look like that match too was gonna be a parking lot brawl.

Ah, that must be what it was. I watched it early Sunday morning so I wasn't too focused on things.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

lol oh my god it really is that lady from sunset blvd

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Neither Toni nor Toney are Tonough.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I can't wait to see what Tony has in store for Toni and Toney toni-ght.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Extremely good that Toni is doing a Norma Desmond thing the week after I watched the movie so every single reference and joke is fresh in my mind.

"There's nothing tragic about being an interim champion, not unless you try to have a reign of terror."

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Toni's robe shooting open when she throws her arms out and yells "Look at me! Look at the STATE of me!!" to add to her disheveled look is absolutely incredible timing.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Another positive other than this being a great character pivot with legs is that she got rid of her stupid looking hair buns.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Pinwiz11 posted:

I can't wait to see what Tony has in store for Toni and Toney toni-ght.

Tony Toni Tony has done it again

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

neoaxd posted:

Another positive other than this being a great character pivot with legs is that she got rid of her stupid looking hair buns.

It legit took my brain like 10 seconds to recognize her without them

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

neoaxd posted:

ummmmmm wrong!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Toni.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

neoaxd posted:

Wow, what a wrong post and on today, a Wednesday

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

god every second of that promo is gold, the robe, the rollers, the treating "former" as a personal value judgment, the too-good-for-this-world Tony Schiavone trying to conduct an interview, comfort his interview partner and try to work out what's going on all at the same time :allears:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I'm so sad that I had my vacation last week and that my partner works late tonight. Dynamite is an hour away from me tonight and I could have went if we just had a little more time. Hopefully next time AEW is in town we can make it. Would love to go to a Collision especially.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
I’m very disappointed in Punk. Watching S2E2 of Heels and he let them call a missile drop kick a “super kick.”

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

BDawg posted:

I’m very disappointed in Punk. Watching S2E2 of Heels and he let them call a missile drop kick a “super kick.”

heels rules bc its like a show made by someone very passionate about pro wrestling but also was frozen in a cryostasis chamber since 1978

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I listened to the swerve city episode with the young bucks and thought it was great. It's my first time listening and swerve is such a good shithead on TV that I was amazed at how affable he is as an interviewer. Awesome interview, I laughed real hard when he asked when wrestling will start getting contracts like NBA players and nick and Matt were like "Well, we just signed one today so right now I guess"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Toni leaving Outcasts is for the best, Ruby is more than capable of being on her own + Saraya just stinks. Did Ruby really stop using her new finisher after Jay White got to the company because if so, that sucks hard (like the No Future kick)

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

Wow, what a wrong post and on today, a Wednesday

I'll let you know that I can be wrong any day of the week!

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

neoaxd posted:

You're getting some guff for this but I just wanted to say I'm with ya

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

shiksa posted:

heels rules bc its like a show made by someone very passionate about pro wrestling but also was frozen in a cryostasis chamber since 1978

I like Heels, it’s a fun show.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

BDawg posted:

Because of "the incident" he's got superkick related PTSD, I don't blame him for making a few flubs.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

BDawg posted:

Is the announcer character on that show based on Bill Mercer from World Class? Because if so, that's pretty damned accurate dialogue

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

A Fancy Hat posted:

Because of "the incident" he's got superkick related PTSD, I don't blame him for making a few flubs.

Part of me wondered if it was a thinly-veiled slap.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Is the announcer character on that show based on Bill Mercer from World Class? Because if so, that's pretty damned accurate dialogue

I don't know Bill Mercer, but this season has Ricky Roadkill (Punk) as color commentary.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I just noticed she calls herself “The Illustrious” Toni Storm in that promo and I hope that nickname sticks

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
folks, it's wednesday

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

I just noticed she calls herself “The Illustrious” Toni Storm in that promo and I hope that nickname sticks

I just saw the clip and agree wholeheartedly with this. Probably my favorite shift since the transition between Dashing to Disfigured C*dy Rh*des

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

BDawg posted:

I don't know Bill Mercer, but this season has Ricky Roadkill (Punk) as color commentary.

Gotcha, I haven't watched the show so I dunno what characters are based on which real-life wrestling personalities (if any at all), but Bill Mercer was the guy who used to pretty much do all the commentary, solo, for WCCW out of Dallas. He was infamous for not knowing the names of a lot of wrestling moves, such as calling a flying body press a "flying body slam".

E: WCCW aired in syndication in a lot of markets outside of Dallas, including Chicago. No idea if Punk watched any of the WCCW weekly shows when he was a kid, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 9, 2023

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Miro will soon debut his new signature hold, The Wife Man’s Burden

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

gently caress Heels, they stole my idea.

Which was way more like Eastbound and Down meets 80s NWA but still.

The Stroker Ace fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Aug 9, 2023

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Toni Storm doing a Pretty Peter Avalon gimmick

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Toni joins Wingmen.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

SHUT UP TONY SHUT UP lol

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Trying posted:

:eyepop:

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

The Stroker Ace posted:

gently caress Heels, they stole my idea.

Which was way more like Eastbound and Down meets 80s NWA but still.

Righteous Gemstones has a plot in season 2 that involves John Goodman's character's territory wrestling past and drat would I love the same team from that show to do a full on wrestling show

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Whoolighams posted:

Righteous Gemstones has a plot in season 2 that involves John Goodman's character's territory wrestling past and drat would I love the same team from that show to do a full on wrestling show

Oh, so the people who did Eastbound and Down? :lol: (you're both right though, I would love to see it)

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Trying posted:

Change his name to Rudyard Crippling

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

AEW Full Gear is headed to Los Angeles.

Fightful Select has confirmed that the traditional November PPV event for All Elite Wrestling is headed to the west coast. Sources with knowledge of the situation stated that AEW Full Gear is currently slated for The Kia Forum in Los Angeles, California on Saturday, November 18 on internal calendars. This would cause an adjustment to Collision, but we aren’t sure how yet.

We’ve heard that fairly recently, the PPV was actually discussed for that Sunday. There were some surprised people in relation to it being on the calendar for November 19, as the Jacksonville Jaguars have a home game against the Tennessee Titans that day. In the past, AEW has avoided scheduling PPV events on Sundays, with Tony Khan noting that as an NFL owner, he didn’t want to compete against himself.

In addition to Full Gear at the Forum, we’ve heard that Dynamite days prior will be in Ontario, California.

This can all change, but as of now, this is the working plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

A Saturday pape? Praise be!