Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

I either had the OG strain in Dec of 2019 before anyone knew what it was after a work christmas party brought people in from around the world and everyone was deathly sick for 6 weeks after

Same at my warehouse in Torrance, buncha workers coming back from seeing family in South America. People dead on their feet all shift for a couple weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

Grittybeard posted:

There are good pieces of books 4 and 5, if you liked the earlier stuff it's just...they aren't really put together correctly (partially since they were supposed to be one book, partially because Martin lost his fastball I'm guessing). And Dany's storyline is mainly super boring and stupid in 5 until something happens, then goes right back to being miserable to read.

I'll read 6 if it ever comes out just because I'll read anything, but I'm not expecting much even if it does happen.

You aren't missing out on anything. Save you time for other 900+ page tomes

kiimo posted:

Where my zero Covid goons at?

represent.

Kiimo: So what you're saying is, I'm indestructible!

Doctor: Oh, no, no, in fact, even a slight breeze could-

Reporting in 0. I do go outside among people.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I have managed to avoid covid but did have a bad case of gastroenteritis and a burst ovarian cyst between 2020 and 2022.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Intruder posted:

I caught it once and was more miserable than I've been being sick I can ever remember. No idea how people can be delusional enough to call it just a cold/flu

Well for lots of people it feels just like a cold or flu. Like, when I got it over Christmas it was just an aggressive case of the sniffles.

The mistake is assuming that’s the experience everyone has in spite of ample evidence to the contrary

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

kiimo posted:

represent.

*raises hand* loving miracle, given both my own small child and that I work community based services where I’m in random homes every day

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I’ve had Covid twice. The first time was pretty bad, coughing, fever, head congestion and stuff but not awful. Second time felt like a pretty mild cold.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Manoueverable posted:

When I caught it the first time, I had basically no regular cold symptoms, I just ached for like 4 days straight. It was like all my thoracic nerves were firing at the same time.

unfortunately it's pretty likely I caught it again at Evo last weekend in Vegas :smith:

Well hopefully you didn't decide to draw a comic strip absolving yourself of responsibility when you knowingly went to a Vegas gaming convention while infected with COVID!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Manoueverable posted:

When I caught it the first time, I had basically no regular cold symptoms, I just ached for like 4 days straight. It was like all my thoracic nerves were firing at the same time.

unfortunately it's pretty likely I caught it again at Evo last weekend in Vegas :smith:

Ugh, yeah, I was just reading about a bunch of players reporting catching it, including Jwong.

How'd you do, btw?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Caught COVID more or less a year ago almost to the day. One day thinking I was dying, 2 days of feeling pretty miserable, 3 weeks to finally test negative. In fact my Facebook Memories feed brought this to my attention this morning:

That illness marked a turning point in my health. Around Labor Day that year I was participating in a simulated Ranger Selection challenge & fell out in the 1st stage where we had to hike 3 miles with equipment in 45 minutes. Any other instance I could've completed it but I was completely destroyed. Now I'm struggling at work today feeling like garbage after only doing 20 minutes on the stairmaster at the gym this morning.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

kiimo posted:

represent.

hey yo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Heading into the covid mines tonight wish me luck.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Shinji2015 posted:

Ugh, yeah, I was just reading about a bunch of players reporting catching it, including Jwong.

How'd you do, btw?

I made it out of my Round 1 pool in Winners in Strive (and played a match on stream!) but went 0-2 on Saturday. Got mixed by Leo :smith:

As for SF6, I got washed :lol:. I'm utter trash at the game.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

kiimo posted:

represent.

Sup. I'm repulsive to everything, including highly infectious diseases.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
New fear unlocked

https://twitter.com/onionweigher/status/1689282407847911425?t=6ai63QlUiIy4A3LiUpGsrg&s=19

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

You gotta read to the end of the article:

quote:

It was not the first time that Ms Jones had come face to face with the local snake population, however.

Ms Jones survived being bitten by a venomous snake several years ago, she said.

Praying to Jesus when it's clear God wanted you dead is something else.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Manoueverable posted:

I made it out of my Round 1 pool in Winners in Strive (and played a match on stream!) but went 0-2 on Saturday. Got mixed by Leo :smith:

As for SF6, I got washed :lol:. I'm utter trash at the game.

lol no shame, SF6 is new and especially with as many people who entered this year, it was always going to be tough.

And I always hate fighting Leos, never felt like I had a handle on the matchup as much as I would've liked

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This reminds me it's almost snake szn here. I'll try and snap some pics next time I see one.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

what is this? a meme for ants?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

It's a good meme Brent

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

swickles posted:

Words cannot describe the feeling of taking off socks and shoes for the first time in 36 hours....

wooooo yeah. I have a picture of me sitting in my cot perched atop a Humvee hood, because the FOB we stopped at on our way into Iraq (after around 36 hours up) had a parking lot right next to a scrapyard teeming with rats and I figured I'd have a 10% less chance of getting bit.

Anyway, my feet in that picture are so pruned up and gnarly that they look like Rob Liefeld drew them.

When I got back 14 months later, wife took me to a salon for a mani/pedi while on block leave. I warned the German lady beforehand that after a year of boots in the desert, they were not pretty. She giggled, obviously not believing me. Then she looked, visibly gagged, and came back with a grinder face shield and N95 mask underneath.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

There’s a reason people who grew up poor in Appalachia never take off their shoes in the house…

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

There’s a reason people who grew up poor in Appalachia never take off their shoes in the house…

I've always found it weird that some people wear shoes in the house. I love being barefoot. Hate having to wear layers in winter.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Before I moved to a place with weather, about 95% of the time I’d be wearing flip-flops (what they call them down there? Thongs?). Big ole V tan lines on my feet. I hate shoes

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

Before I moved to a place with weather, about 95% of the time I’d be wearing flip-flops (what they call them down there? Thongs?). Big ole V tan lines on my feet. I hate shoes

Yeah brah. Thongs or occasionally pluggers. I have two sets. One for taking the rubbish out or whatever if I need to duck outside for a sec and another in my car for when I go to the shops and drive around barefoot.

As a side note:
I took a mental health day today and gonna take one tomorrow, spent today completely cleaning out my bedroom, kitchen cupboard and fridge and doing like 5 loads of laundry, bagging clothes for good will, cleaning out my car, cleaning out my cooking stuff, cleaning my rifles and cleaned, lubed and sharpened all my tools and kitchen knives, then lay in the sun reading for an hour.

Tomorrow I'm gonna sleep in, work out, go see oppenheimer and take myself to a sushi place.

Have been so angry and feeling low lately that I've been a bit of an rear end in a top hat (more than usual) to everyone around me. It's been nice to let the outside world gently caress off and feather my nest a little bit while I re-set. Going to have a whack of THC oil and watch sports documentaries to finish off the day.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I'm transitioning to take my meds at night since I can't take pills with me to the court and it's a bit bumpy. Comboed with stress and some sad stuff my day has been pretty grey.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I get ya Blind, kids have been to much for me this week so wife’s taking the kids to her dads on Saturday, get me some alone time. Plus tomorrow my retired neighbor is coming over to help me do some yard work, looking forward to it. Chainsaw some poo poo and use my truck that’s been sitting useless for a bit. Think it’ll help settle my head

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

I get ya Blind, kids have been to much for me this week so wife’s taking the kids to her dads on Saturday, get me some alone time. Plus tomorrow my retired neighbor is coming over to help me do some yard work, looking forward to it. Chainsaw some poo poo and use my truck that’s been sitting useless for a bit. Think it’ll help settle my head

That sounds like a good idea to me mate. I find just working at stuff allows the stress to melt away, the physical activity gives you that little endorphin boost and sun is always good.

Plus havin some company to shoot the poo poo with while you do it can be helpful.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

BlindSite posted:

As a side note:
I took a mental health day today and gonna take one tomorrow

hell yeah. Friday up here is a public holiday, so I took Thursday off because I didn't have any work/meetings planned and wanted to grab a day on my own. I've had some time off, but it's either been with the missus or weekends with the little one, and I just needed a day on my own fully.

went into the big city, found some nerdy poo poo (the Nintendo store in Shibuya was utterly slammed), came back home to grab the car and run an errand after. Might have to go pick up the little one in a few, but it's nice to have four days off and one of them just on your own schedule for once in a long time.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/taiwanplusnews/status/1688897858391732225

I have questions.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

BlindSite posted:

I've always found it weird that some people wear shoes in the house. I love being barefoot. Hate having to wear layers in winter.

Depends on the culture. Like in my family you'd never take your shoes off as a guest in someone's house

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

today in clarence thomas is bad:

https://twitter.com/propublica/status/1689574516517699584?s=46

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

BlindSite posted:

That sounds like a good idea to me mate. I find just working at stuff allows the stress to melt away, the physical activity gives you that little endorphin boost and sun is always good.

Plus havin some company to shoot the poo poo with while you do it can be helpful.

There's a lot to be said foe the difference between working on things you have to do and working on what you want to do. I don't want to have to clean the house for this weekend (in-laws coming over, though I won't be here) but I did want to finish putting up some shelving in our shed this past week, and made time to do so because I enjoyed moving a bunch of stuff out of our basement and into the shed. Wasnt a priority but theres lots more room in the house now and its weirdly less stressful now that everything is better organized.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol Wayne Huizenga

quote:

Huizenga sent his personal 737 to pick Thomas up and bring him to South Florida at least twice, according to John Wener, a former flight attendant and chef on board the plane. If he were picked up in D.C., the five-hour round trip would have cost at least $130,000 each time had Thomas chartered the jet himself, according to estimates from jet charter companies.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Having spent nearly half of my life with the same Asian person, I am firmly in the no shoes in the house camp thanks to her. Though we don't really bust other people's chops when they wear shoes in our house.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

god drat, that man is corrupt to the core

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

I am gonna guess this is just a giant gently caress you to China and less about ideology.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

That’s got to be a gently caress you to the Chinese. Or perhaps, a booby trap to the PLA soldiers tasked with demolishing that one day

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Having spent nearly half of my life with the same Asian person, I am firmly in the no shoes in the house camp thanks to her. Though we don't really bust other people's chops when they wear shoes in our house.

I’ve felt guilty the couple times I’ve put my shoes on near the door then gone “oh poo poo I left something on my desk” and just traipsed on in.

Shoes go off at the entrance, and ideally stay near there. Living any other way is just barbaric. “Well what about winter” that’s what we got under-floor heating for in the living room :whatup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Winter is for cozy memory foam house slippers