Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

Pluggers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Good Listener posted:

This one is going right over my head. Whatever the joke is may not work in non audio form..

pita

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

poo poo. Thank you LOL

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

amigolupus posted:

So they're just gonna wait out the cops looking for them, again, like it's GTA? It's hilarious how Jules inadvertently wrote a 'lesson' that people can just keep getting away with anything and suffer no consequences for it.

And remember that as of a couple of storylines ago, Mark is out on bail -- I forget the exact setup of that, but it's never been mentioned since and I don't expect it to ever come up again.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

manero posted:

Pluggers

Pluggers are still in the desert. :(

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

manero posted:

Pluggers

Realizing suddenly that in junior year 1972, Mary Lou McDonald wasn't trying to show you her new roller skates while her parents were out, she was trying to sleep with you.

Alternately: That bear knows what he did.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "190 - Jucika's Financial Difficulties At The End Of The Month"

"191 - Jucika's Theatrical Partner"

"női mosdó = ladies bathroom"

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Strontium posted:

Take It From The Tinkersons

:lol:

Do you all remember that Staples (?) Back To School ad that would air around this time in the '90s* - the "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" one? When I was a kid I hated that commercial because it was so smug.

* For all I know some variation of it still on TV.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Do you all remember that Staples (?) Back To School ad that would air around this time in the '90s* - the "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" one? When I was a kid I hated that commercial because it was so smug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOuzsk36vjM

Well, it helps if you remember that it's a universal fact that parents hate their children, hate them to hell.

(I would've pegged this as an early 00's ad. It wouldn't surprise me if it ran that long, even with the computer equipment in the background starting to look dated even by then.)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (August 22, 1935)

Peanuts (August 11, 1976)

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire: Ka-RERUN!

Thimble Theater (March 13, 1940)

Out Our Way (July 6-8, 1942)

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

riderchop posted:

Classic Arlo and Janis (September 05, 2001)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb6h6tsEsn4

Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Obligatory.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

Yes
YES
The cancer has arrived at Crankshaft
Tom Batiuk is BACK IN HIS COMFORT ZONE, BABY

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Howard Beale posted:

Yes
YES
The cancer has arrived at Crankshaft
Tom Batiuk is BACK IN HIS COMFORT ZONE, BABY

Lets Snuffy Smith this bitch!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

you loved Lisa's Story, now brace yourselves for the Crankshaft's rear end Cancer Cinematic Universe

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

There’s a fine line between “scamp” and “just an rear end in a top hat.”

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

destroy him

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 3/18/51

Archie 11/16/47

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Selachian posted:

Archie 11/16/47

:corsair: Young man, don't take movies of the football game. If you find the film in 30 years you won't give a poo poo about the game. Record your friends. And maybe your car.

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Always preferred the Alice Cooper one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cp_JKf7KYA

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

:discourse:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

steve kelley has been holding on to exactly 5 tattoo jokes for YEARS and god drat it he's going to tell them this week

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
Underworld LA Weekly 07/17–24/1997

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Then Claritin had to mess everything up by basing a year-round ad campaign around that drat song. Anyone who fears Xmas creep as much as I do has been screaming into a pillow continuously for the past two years.

Our Boarding House, in which the sharks smell fresh blood. (May 26-28, 1924)

Toonerville Folks (July 28-30, 1921, with a modesty curtain for Aunt Eppie.)

Dok's Dippy Demand To Speak To The Manager Of This War (November 11, 1914)

Little Lefty (December 13-14, 1938; the strip's MIA for the 12th)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Aug 10, 2023

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

JethroMcB posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOuzsk36vjM

Well, it helps if you remember that it's a universal fact that parents hate their children, hate them to hell.

(I would've pegged this as an early 00's ad. It wouldn't surprise me if it ran that long, even with the computer equipment in the background starting to look dated even by then.)
Also all kids absolutely hate school and never want to go back to the place where all their friends are.

I enjoyed back to school shopping when I was a kid. Something about new binders, notebooks, pencils and stuff just feels nice. It was especially cool if I scored an actual Trapper Keeper and not one of the cheap ripoffs.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

I JUST WANT TO APOLOGIZE FOR THE WAY I ACTED TOWARDS YOU! gently caress!

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Took a bit, but lol.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"Go the gently caress home, Ghost!"* -Bandar dude
*(In the bandar tongue)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Gold.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Legit In The Second Comic Rudy Doesn't Even Seem Super Off Base By Asking This Because She's A loving Snake And She's Also Studying Medicine, Plus Everyone Is Related To Everyone In This drat Comic, But No, Use Social Media To Spy On People And Collate Personal Info Instead

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

riderchop posted:

Compu-toon

This kid looks wrong. I mean, a different kind of wrong than usual. Is Charles Boyce okay? :ohdear:

Luann

Nobody wants to hear about your weird sex roleplay with Nil, Bernice.

Gil Thorp

Home Free

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
I like "Olive and Popeye". The nonRandy artist is great which goes a long way, ghost adventures have been fun, and stuff actually happens. I also like the bits with Olive and her friend the most. It's cute and fun.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

Julet Esqu posted:

Is Charles Boyce okay? :ohdear:

He never has been before, why would he be okay now?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Julet Esqu posted:

This kid looks wrong. I mean, a different kind of wrong than usual. Is Charles Boyce okay? :ohdear:

To say nothing of "Enjoy the remaining of Summer."

This thread reads Compu-Toon more closely than his editor/any kind of caregiver does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Julet Esqu posted:

Is Charles Boyce okay? :ohdear:

don Jaime posted:

He never has been before, why would he be okay now?

It's a valid question. We've seen a lot of older cartoonists kind of disintegrate at the drawing board while still on the job.