Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Turns out them Federal boys are better shots than some fat suburban boomer with a garage full of lovely AR-15 knockoffs. Who knew?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

deoju posted:

This guy threatened to kill Biden on facebook, and said he knew the FBI was reading his posts. The Feds went to arrest him. And he got shot and killed.
https://twitter.com/MikeSington/status/1689369346408329217

So MuCh FoR fReE sPeEcH!!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

HopperUK posted:

A lot of people were a bit cross about losing Christmas

It's in a box somewhere, I just can't find it.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

deoju posted:

This guy threatened to kill Biden on facebook, and said he knew the FBI was reading his posts. The Feds went to arrest him. And he got shot and killed.

Should have listened to Trevor Moore!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3_kUaYFJA

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Mierenneuker posted:

For a brief moment it made think it was "Tarzan & Jane" by Tox-Box, which is even worse. So bad, I'm going to embed it and inflict it on everyone else as an act of revenge :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlDjEd8gAkI

And yes, this was clearly inspired by Aqua's success.

I took my little sister to an Aqua gig early 2000s and it was one of the best concerts I've been to. They were really good live and the whole show was one continuous live mix of all their songs.

But my god the terrible knock-off acts their sound spawned were something else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK6rZzzjl9c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNAr5tzZxdk

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I took my little sister to an Aqua gig early 2000s and it was one of the best concerts I've been to. They were really good live and the whole show was one continuous live mix of all their songs.

They've still got it, I had a bunch of friends who went to see them on their current tour and had a lot of fun.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Oh poo poo, is that what happened to him?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Caleb did it better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6qFLq44Fos

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

deoju posted:

a snake being trod upon posted:

what are you gonna do, tread on me?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://twitter.com/EuphoriTori/status/1689341766460211201
Working 50-60 hours a week, with no one else to take care of and no social life, and somehow still broke? :confused:

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Tiggum posted:

Working 50-60 hours a week, with no one else to take care of and no social life, and somehow still broke? :confused:

*pulls up to sit backwards on a chair*
Let me tell you about a little something called capitalism

e: the comments are a cursed combination of supposed lefties saying all men are terrible and rightwingers demanding sources

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 05:23 on Aug 10, 2023

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Tiggum posted:

I'm having a hard time understanding what was so terrible about the original comment or how it became a debate about gender

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Tiggum posted:

do you not know how poverty works

if he's doing like mcdonalds + uber or something it's entirely possible to work 50-60 and still not have enough to live on, especially if you have debts or recurring medical costs or whatever

grittyreboot posted:

I'm having a hard time understanding what was so terrible about the original comment or how it became a debate about gender

I mean it's shoeonhead, perpetual wrecker. it'd make sense why people are annoyed at her

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

anyway the correct take is that it's nobody's responsibility to bring men meaning to their own lives and if the only meaning you have is from misogynic privilege maybe that's something you have to work on and not the entire field of feminism's fault

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Tiggum posted:

Yeah, even making 10 bucks an hour well above the federal min wage, assuming a take home of 80% or so, that's a princely 1600 -about 100 shy of the average 1 bedroom apartment in the US.

grittyreboot posted:

The political slant is shoe on head is 'post left,' so gets their clicks saying coyling right wing stuff. So the comments are a slapfight of the most annoying sorts.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

tokin opposition posted:

anyway the correct take is that it's nobody's responsibility to bring men meaning to their own lives and if the only meaning you have is from misogynic privilege maybe that's something you have to work on and not the entire field of feminism's fault

It's perhaps no one's responsibility, but there's certainly a degree of self-interest involved in facilitating meaning-making for people who are being crushed by going social structures, if only to help said people avoid ending up making meaning through rage and reactionary politics.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Shoe0nhead and Vaush are both dipshits who, like the poster two posts above me said, are "post left" which means "basically right wingers but we act like we're being altruistic". Same people who blame trans people for the current culture war when we get too uppity and outspoken

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Ignoring that shoe is involved, it's basically a dude posting about how he's socially isolated and miserable, and some rando saying it's his fault and he deserves it, I guess for being a man. It's tone deaf and completely lacks empathy. You don't have to go out of your way to help strangers out, but it costs nothing to at least recognize when someone is having a hard time and acknowledge that the patriarchy (and capitalism) hurts both men and women

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Kit Walker posted:

Ignoring that shoe is involved, it's basically a dude posting about how he's socially isolated and miserable, and some rando saying it's his fault and he deserves it, I guess for being a man. It's tone deaf and completely lacks empathy. You don't have to go out of your way to help strangers out, but it costs nothing to at least recognize when someone is having a hard time and acknowledge that the patriarchy (and capitalism) hurts both men and women

Yeah ignoring the bait-y "this is why the left is losing" framing, I don't see the justification in napalm-bombing the original dude for the crime of being depressed, drat.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Kenning posted:

It's perhaps no one's responsibility, but there's certainly a degree of self-interest involved in facilitating meaning-making for people who are being crushed by going social structures, if only to help said people avoid ending up making meaning through rage and reactionary politics.

good luck, have fun, let me know when you give the gently caress up because I sure did

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Cool man

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
It’s frustrating being a fan of space flight and electric vehicles, constantly having to ignore whatever stupid bullshit Elon and his fans are up to this week.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
OP not the idiot.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

what

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"Instead of physical punishment and unimaginable torture, he faces harsh comments"
Well... that is true, yes.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

mycot posted:

Yeah ignoring the bait-y "this is why the left is losing" framing, I don't see the justification in napalm-bombing the original dude for the crime of being depressed, drat.

The problem comes from how a lot of social progressives are taught to completely ignore material realities, and are encouraged to attack any perceived valid target for clicks and clout. And the easiest targets are the most vulnerable and powerless of the perceived oppressor class.

This is also where TERFs come from.

Ghost Leviathan has a new favorite as of 09:19 on Aug 10, 2023

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
A huge problem is that a lot of people don't seem to realize that the patriarchy is not a system that primarily aims to benefit men, but rather one that primarily aims to benefit patriarchs. Under a patriarchal system, the vast majority of men are by necessity left out.

And so often, if you even hint at the huge problems of loneliness and suicide with straight men, you get accused of being a right-wing MRA dude. A lot of leftist spaces are openly hostile towards guys who are also very much victims of capitalism and the patriarchy, and told all their problems are their own fault. The response is also often pointing out how women and minorities have it worse, and yeah, of course they do, but since when did empathy and compassion become a limited resource? We shouldn't push people away who genuinely need help, just because there are other people who have it worse. There's room for everyone.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

SimonChris posted:

OP not the idiot.

The top person has a ... miss piggy avatar?

So are they a muppet or a pig

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

I hear judges love shenanigans like this.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Regy Rusty posted:

The top person has a ... miss piggy avatar?

So are they a muppet or a pig

The original tweet chain (which I advise not looking up because the replies are even more overtly racist) defends it by saying "implied race" counts but also goes into how the attractiveness of your avatar must match yourself. It's clearly just getting huffy out of insecurity over being catfished.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Master Twig posted:

A huge problem is that a lot of people don't seem to realize that the patriarchy is not a system that primarily aims to benefit men, but rather one that primarily aims to benefit patriarchs. Under a patriarchal system, the vast majority of men are by necessity left out.

And so often, if you even hint at the huge problems of loneliness and suicide with straight men, you get accused of being a right-wing MRA dude. A lot of leftist spaces are openly hostile towards guys who are also very much victims of capitalism and the patriarchy, and told all their problems are their own fault. The response is also often pointing out how women and minorities have it worse, and yeah, of course they do, but since when did empathy and compassion become a limited resource? We shouldn't push people away who genuinely need help, just because there are other people who have it worse. There's room for everyone.

Yup, and a knock on effect of that is that it harms trans women and non-binary/gender nonconforming people who are amab. No matter how inclusive a leftist space tries to be, there will often enough be people who, when they get into conflict with someone who belongs to either of those groups, will let their internalized transphobia take over. Of course, they can't say that, so instead they'll make up something about how so-and-so is an abuser, call them misogynists (indirectly implying that they're men), and then rally the community together to hold them AccountableTM until they've been completely and effectively ostracized by everyone. I've seen this exact thing play out at least half a dozen times already and even if (usually years later) people realize that they were wrong and did a hosed up thing, it doesn't undo the incredible damage they've done

sube
Nov 7, 2022

https://twitter.com/largemotorcycle/status/1689335494046298112?s=46&t=f3DVHW2pFMXQdgOf2PA6XQ

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

been considering outsourcing my job to India, and then screensharing and typing on an unplugged keyboard when my boss walks past my desk

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Tech bros reinvented slavery.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

smoobles posted:

been considering outsourcing my job to India, and then screensharing and typing on an unplugged keyboard when my boss walks past my desk

*takes notes furiously*

Yes, please continue... :hmmyes:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tiggum posted:

To comfortably live in an apartment around me, according to everything I've read lately, requires 85k a year. So yeah that tracks.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Not to linger too much on politics chat, but I generally haven't found leftists hostile towards people less harmed by the systems we're trying to fix. Generally it's liberals who fall into that rhetorical trap, though it can also be the more progressive and cool ones and not just the "I'd be a republican if they weren't loving ghouls about me or people I love."

Though I guess this is also one of those problems with words having almost no shared meaning when talking politics, let alone how we all seem to be living in vastly different realities.

iwentdoodie posted:

To comfortably live in an apartment around me, according to everything I've read lately, requires 85k a year. So yeah that tracks.
Yeah, poo poo is hosed. In the US it's incredibly common that even getting into the top 20% of household income is enough to be somewhat stable, but not enough to own a home close enough to where you can make that money.

Coolness Averted has a new favorite as of 16:40 on Aug 10, 2023

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My favorite part about the Utah guy who’s now full of holes is how his 2012 posts look identical to the stuff almost all Trumpers write today still. What was seen as extreme is so banal now. Maybe the feds need to widen their net.

smoobles posted:

Countdown til your boss comes by and asks you why every email you’ve been sending him contains the phrase ‘please do the needful’.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

and another post where someone is getting mad about stuff that's made up