Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Drakkel posted:

Literally all other wrestlers besides Bret Hart

and even if someone else did do a Simpson guest spot it will never result in anything like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxLZA_VgszU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/wrestlelamia/status/1689346203299840000?t=rRZ3fa0-8o3uHdD9bmpM0g&s=19

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Wasn't she trained by a nonce?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I hope to god Darby doesn't try and help her get in AEW.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
when you ask non wrestling fans to name a wrestler, there’s only one name that keeps coming up: Dominik Mysterio

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
If I ask my Dad to name wrestlers who he first noticed in the late 90s or so, he'd mention Austin cause of the beer, Foley because I lent him "Have A Nice Day", and "those two guys who spoke for 12 seconds and it got translated as INDEEEEED".

So he'd book Taka over HHH at least.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

and even if someone else did do a Simpson guest spot it will never result in anything like this

Lmao

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

edogawa rando posted:

who in wwe wasnt

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

A Real Horse posted:

That's not true, I definitely saw a guy whose talent was getting hit in the balls over and over again on Go Big Show

You’re thinking of Smackdown

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Now I want to see an AJ and Nakamura edit of this. https://youtu.be/-kYxodY3fno

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

edogawa rando posted:

Chasyn Rance. Her parents are a total danger

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I don’t watch NXT but it’s crazy to see it getting better ratings than Rampage and Collision which I never in my wildest dreams thought any NXT show could out draw an AEW show.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don’t watch NXT but it’s crazy to see it getting better ratings than Rampage and Collision which I never in my wildest dreams thought any NXT show could out draw an AEW show.

You're shocked that a show on Wednesday evening prime time does better ratings than shows on Friday and Saturday late nights?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eat My Fuc posted:

Collision's numbers got absolutely merked by Summerslam this week

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Or this

https://twitter.com/dailysimpsons/status/1649170954264641536?s=20

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

what a great bit that was. a joke that went on so long it started funny, got tedious, then wrapped back around to being funny again.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Grem posted:

Bret Hart was in an episode of The Simpsons

I was actually trying to find the episode (The Old Man and the Lisa from Season 7) when you beat me to the point: The Simpsons writers didn't know how famous he was within wrestling and at the time he was already a 4 time champion! I can understand The Thin Man film series ignoring stuff like WWE or even the NWA since it predated it but The Simpsons?!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucbs6OVXOxI

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Izzy should have to defend her dads honor by fighting gran metalik in a street fight

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Island Nation posted:

I was actually trying to find the episode (The Old Man and the Lisa from Season 7) when you beat me to the point: The Simpsons writers didn't know how famous he was within wrestling and at the time he was already a 4 time champion! I can understand The Thin Man film series ignoring stuff like WWE or even the NWA since it predated it but The Simpsons?!

Thsi just goes back to the idea that people who aren't fans don't know poo poo about wrestlers. Even in the mid 90s when it was at its hottest they didn't know who one of the most famous wrestlers in the world was

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Island Nation posted:

Whoa what's the crossover between the Thin Man series and wrestling? I've never heard of this.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Intruder posted:

Thsi just goes back to the idea that people who aren't fans don't know poo poo about wrestlers. Even in the mid 90s when it was at its hottest they didn't know who one of the most famous wrestlers in the world was

I think in the 80s that probably wasn't as true as now. Like the whole Rock N Wrestling era where wrestling was pretty mainstream, and you didn't have a billion channels and online stuff and streaming to choose from. So you had Hulk Hogan everywhere and teaming up with Mr. T and Captain Lou Albano in Cindy Lauper videos and as Mario and Macho Man with the Mega Powers on Saturday Night's Main Event and Jesse Ventura in Arnold movies and all that.

So I'd say in the 80s a bunch of wrestlers were probably pretty well known outside of wrestling, but I doubt we'll ever see that level of wrestling being that ingrained into pop culture come along again.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

This is sad

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That DICK! posted:

This is sad

when you think about it all children who decide to become wrestlers is a sad story

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shard posted:

when you think about it all children who decide to become wrestlers is a sad story

Particularly ones whose parents made train with Chasyn Rance

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

edogawa rando posted:

Never knew this about Chelsea Greene, how sad

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Whoa what's the crossover between the Thin Man series and wrestling? I've never heard of this.

I've only seen the first three, but I guess in the fourth one Nick takes part in a wrestling match against Tor Johnson of Plan 9 fame.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Shard posted:

It's a disease and bless their little hearts for it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gavok posted:

I've only seen the first three, but I guess in the fourth one Nick takes part in a wrestling match against Tor Johnson of Plan 9 fame.

Yeah, Tor was a legit wrestler in addition to actor https://www.cagematch.net//?id=2&nr=2807&page=4

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/174139/-very-strange-lawsuit-filed-against-wwe-vince-mcmahon.html?p=1

A crazy Alexa Bliss fan has submitted a handwritten lawsuit that claims he paid $5500 on whatsapp to hang out with Alexa Bliss, this did not occur, and so WWE owes him six million dollars. Also he trademarked DX and NWO in 1995.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

I, personally, in my wildest dreams, did think it was possible for a show that aired on a Tuesday at 8:00 to be watched by more people than a show that aired on Friday at 10:00.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

projecthalaxy posted:

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/174139/-very-strange-lawsuit-filed-against-wwe-vince-mcmahon.html?p=1

A crazy Alexa Bliss fan has submitted a handwritten lawsuit that claims he paid $5500 on whatsapp to hang out with Alexa Bliss, this did not occur, and so WWE owes him six million dollars. Also he trademarked DX and NWO in 1995.

I want to tell everyone this is a farce, that I had all the ideas for Star Wars and everything.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Something tells me Alexa would have never been seen again

e:

quote:

The lawsuit, which was handwritten,

hoo boy

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Intruder posted:

Something tells me Alexa would have never been seen again

e:

hoo boy

How dare you impugn this guy's character

In the lawsuit, Wiley alleges McMahon discriminated against him after "Plaintiff was arrested and charge (sic) for attempted homicide, aggravate (sic) assault against New Castle, Pennsylvania Law Enforcement on 10/22/22 order the United States Secret Service and Pennsylvania State Police Troop, D. major case team to possess a warrant to unlawful seized Search I, Plaintiff phone device and property in conspiracy theory plot to obstruct and destroy any evidence supporting these facts that World Wrestling Entertainment employee Alexia (sic) Bliss email text to I, Plaintiff hangout, what app email business accounts."

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I had a little trouble parsing that. He's claiming the cops served a warrant to search his phone and he assaulted them and tried to kill one/multiple?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Do fans of baseball and football weep for the plight of the casual fan

There is usually a thread of concern about the health of the sport by growing it’s audience and the ability of the league to make recognizable superstars and a bunch of hardcores resentful of anything done to cater to an audience not already engaged. Yes. Sports leagues are always changing rules and doing stuff to draw in new fans and boost their numbers and people are always talking about ratings and attendance. It’s just all much more matter of fact part of the sports business where wrestling fans seem to get all extra about it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Intruder posted:

I had a little trouble parsing that. He's claiming the cops served a warrant to search his phone and he assaulted them and tried to kill one/multiple?

I think he was being served for a separate assault/murder and also they took his phone at Vince's direction? Your reading is also possible. Point is, this is every fed stan.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If I were a female wrestler I'd be scared as hell to post any personal details when you see crazy people like this guy and the one who stalked Sonya.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOg4cDPbJJc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Gavok posted:

That was it, Shadow of the Thin Man was on TV (the Movies! subchannel) last night as I was flipping through stations and came across Nick and Nora watching pro wrestling.

Not sure how popular Jim Londos (then World Champion) was but clearly Hollywood was paying at least lip service.