Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1689388040307789824

Content: A long, translated post from a Russian officer about how most of Russian leadership is "hitting" their KPI's through deceit, stagecraft and outright lies(i.e. if they knock out one Ukrainian vehicle, they'll then record it being hit with new weapons day after day, so they can instead claim they knocked out multiple Ukrainian vehicles), rather than performing their duties. It'd be darkly amusing if it was true, and it pretty much feels like an updated for the 2020's chapter from Suvorov's "The Liberators."

Snippet:

quote:

But we're not only hitting wooden models. Now I’ll say a vile and unpopular thing, but let at least one active officer point that out if I’m lying: before, and after the appearance of Western military equipment - in general, a very popular way to give a good result upwards is to beautifully fire at the enemy’s already destroyed equipment.

Bradley, that was ATGMed yesterday, today can be beautifully fired at from helicopters, and tomorrow you can hit it from self-propelled guns. With video recording, reports, and all the right angles. So this becomes not one, but three wrecked Bradleys. Since the political leadership is demanding a specific report, the General Staff will demand such a report too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
there's been ongoing confusion at why they've been publicizing the same destroyed vehicles for as much as weeks at a time. the recent bradleys and leopards were the most obvious examples, but every time Russia has destroyed more than a couple of vehicles you can count on seeing them for the next week from a new angle every day. Like the why isn't especially hard to discern, but why they bother with putting so little effort into masking what they're doing is just bizarre. idk who the audience is, though I see very pro-z people repost them all like they're new so I guess someone thinks that they're worth putting out and maybe it is effective on low-info people or people who otherwise aren't looking for identifiable features in pictures. still, it's weird because it's often stuff that is exceedingly obvious

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Jimmy Smuts posted:

My moneys on a HOA meeting

Coming from someone who is reluctantly serving on a condo board that has about 1/1000th of the drama associated with HOAs, I would venerate the bomber as a modern day John Brown.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Coming from someone who is reluctantly serving on a condo board that has about 1/1000th of the drama associated with HOAs, I would venerate the bomber as a modern day John Brown.

I was president of one for a year because no one else wanted to do it lmao

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

That partially explains why Russia is declaring that they've destroyed way more HIMARS than we've even delivered to Ukraine, as the leadership believes those numbers due to a fundamentally hosed up reporting system. Interesting post!

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Armacham posted:

I think that’s the story of every HOA president. It’s a thankless and frustrating role.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Armacham posted:

I'm closing on a condo in about a month. The guy I'm buying it from is the HOA president, and they've already asked if I wanted to take the position.

Haha. Nope! Granted, it's only an 11 unit building and half of them are seasonal homes. But still. gently caress that noise.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Kaal posted:

I think that’s the story of every HOA president. It’s a thankless and frustrating role.

I was one for seven years just so that nobody else in the neighborhood could complain about my house.

I ended up having to engineer a coup against myself so that I could step down. It's a long story but it all worked out and they gave me a nice tie as a present

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Gavel the meeting in, first order of business: abolishing the HoA.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.
Common neighborhood issues should be resolved the way God intended: Passive-aggressive notes followed by screaming obscenities while everyone records each other on their cellphones and waits for police.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I was one for seven years just so that nobody else in the neighborhood could complain about my house.

I ended up having to engineer a coup against myself so that I could step down. It's a long story but it all worked out and they gave me a nice tie as a present

I just stopped showing up to meetings when I got tired of people thinking they could talk to me in person about their grievances lol

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

pantslesswithwolves posted:

My favourite condo board story is the one in Florida where they were told, over the course of years, that the concrete pillars needed fixing, and they kept voting not to fix them until the building collapsed and killed them all.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

AlternateNu posted:

I'm closing on a condo in about a month. The guy I'm buying it from is the HOA president, and they've already asked if I wanted to take the position.

Haha. Nope! Granted, it's only an 11 unit building and half of them are seasonal homes. But still. gently caress that noise.

If you don't take the job, the possibility is there that someone becomes president that WANTS to be president.

Think about that for a minute.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

AlternateNu posted:

You do. It'll save you a lot of poo poo later down the line, speaking from experience.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

AlternateNu posted:

Take the position so some horrible power-hungry HOA karen can't.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Veering wildly off-topic and I've certainly no practical experience working around an HOA, but surely it's better to be driving the HOA agenda instead of leaving it up to some rear end in a top hat who'll do who knows what?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Do what Ron Swanson would do.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

Take the position so some horrible power-hungry HOA karen can't.

This is the only reason why I’m on my board. Previous president was moving out and nominated another person, I decided to step up because I didn’t trust either the previous president or anyone she might have picked, and now here I am. Her choice of nominee continues to cherry pick every expenditure made by the board, and considering how the previous president and her predecessors deferred some pretty significant maintenance costs for years to keep condo fees low, he’s going to be delighted to really figure out why our condo fees have gone up 20% over the past two years in addition to a five year special assessment.

If you get the chance to take some measure of power from a boomer who is clearly only working on behalf of themselves, do it. And then never serve on a condo board or HOA again.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Cugel the Clever posted:

Veering wildly off-topic and I've certainly no practical experience working around an HOA, but surely it's better to be driving the HOA agenda instead of leaving it up to some rear end in a top hat who'll do who knows what?

Yeah that's why I did it. The problem is that all the weird old people started thinking they could talk to me about their issues while I was walking my dog. Send an email to the manager, all i do is sign off on the minutes.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

TBH, being on the condo board would at least give you insight into the state of the finances. If the association goes bankrupt, then the entire building can be foreclosed.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
edit: JFC was I late to this discussion

Sorry everyone, sorry

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
New insurgent plumbing truck just dropped:

https://twitter.com/jyarow/status/1689618932875816960?t=vx-1rtUV_oylinAfAYhNwA&s=19

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
https://twitter.com/KyivPost/status/1689642121714946048

quote:

The German government intends to announce the delivery of #Taurus cruise missiles to Ukraine in the near future, T-Online Deutschland reports.

If I remember right they're Storm Shadow/SCALP missiles with nastier warheads.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Incendiary explosives are supposed to be a part of American aid packages, right?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

The Door Frame posted:

Incendiary explosives are supposed to be a part of American aid packages, right?

I thought old Elon was pro putin? :confused:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
KEPD 350 are not SCALP, but they are very much equivalent. It has all the modern gizmos you expect from a subsonic cruise missile and a dual-stage warhead to penetrate bunkers.

There aren't a lot of them around, though. No idea how replacements are supposed to work out.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

PurpleXVI posted:

https://twitter.com/KyivPost/status/1689642121714946048

If I remember right they're Storm Shadow/SCALP missiles with nastier warheads.

They blare Ramstein so video Editors don't have to?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Arrath posted:

I live in an unincorporated area. The HoA literally is the city gov, and provides all the city services like trash and water.

Its hosed up

E: holy gently caress I'm late. My bad

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Cugel the Clever posted:

This is true until it isn't.

What happened to me was, the entire rest of the board dissolved in infighting and couldn't agree on anything, not even basic landscaping, so I was having to do it all myself to avoid citations from the city that we'd have all had to pay. I cpuld resign either for fear of the hoa collapsing generally and creating liabilities

. I ended up having to educate a bunch of people in my neighborhood on how proxy votes worked and they engineered a vote of no confidence and fired the whole board (including, conveniently, me) and appointed a new one.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Arrath posted:

To do this right typically requires amending all the deeds in the association which costs a lot of lawyer dollars

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Antigravitas posted:

KEPD 350 are not SCALP, but they are very much equivalent. It has all the modern gizmos you expect from a subsonic cruise missile and a dual-stage warhead to penetrate bunkers.

There aren't a lot of them around, though. No idea how replacements are supposed to work out.
I think roughly 600 total produced and roughly 150 immediately available.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

To do this right typically requires amending all the deeds in the association which costs a lot of lawyer dollars

Well hopefully the parsimony of past administrations has left the hoa with a nest egg.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

DTurtle posted:

I think roughly 600 total produced and roughly 150 immediately available.

Ok so about two weeks' worth.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Truck-launched Tomahawks when?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Blistex posted:

Truck-launched Tomahawks when?

I mean.....they exist. But I'm more interested in giving them NMESIS system to gently caress off any naval asset protecting Crimea. :v:

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

I ended up having to educate a bunch of people in my neighborhood on how proxy votes worked and they engineered a vote of no confidence and fired the whole board (including, conveniently, me) and appointed a new one.
Ukraine Thread: Conducting an SMO Against My HOA

Nobody's yelled to stop the derail yet so I guess I'll ask all y'all HOA subjects out there, why not reform things to a more accountable and democratic model to facilitate community solidarity and advance the common good? Killing it entirely doesn't sound viable where members of the community are on the hook for common expenses regardless.

Actually topical: lol, the ruble is about to breach 100:1 again despite monumental efforts to hold it down. Its steady decline in value may be a useful indicator of how long Russia can hold out, though who knows what the actual danger zone might be.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Drones have proved effective.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
More clumsy smokers around Moscow

https://twitter.com/IuliiaMendel/status/1689749549949104128?s=20

quote:

Russian media are publishing video and photos of a large fire in Odintsovo near Moscow. Preliminary reports say it’s a "warehouse" on fire. Locals allegedly report explosions.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

If I was Putin I would outlaw cigarettes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Unless your HOA or condo strata is preparing for a counter offensive in the Mariupol area, shut the gently caress up about the busybody club.