Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Just a Moron posted:

Kanye is always mad

he's very calm, actually. someone would even say that he is a calm hitler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Parity warning posted:

i'm legitimately curious about the musical instruments and equipment, what are the odds that stuff was stolen from suddenly fired employees locked out of the office

nah, tech bubble companies love setting up stupid poo poo like this. "we'll give you $10k budget out of the slush fund to start a company band! it'll be fun! Hang with your coworkers and 'rock out'!"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
kanye is going to be banned not because of anything antisemitic he will tweet but because he will call elon a bitch for not wanting to fight zuckerberg

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Robin Williams Twitter Tribute "Photo Mosaic of Celebrity Tribute Tweets"

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

nah, tech bubble companies love setting up stupid poo poo like this. "we'll give you $10k budget out of the slush fund to start a company band! it'll be fun! Hang with your coworkers and 'rock out'!"

sounds better than working at X at least

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

1glitch0 posted:

I know those who are very successful in corporate or politics have no discernible skills aside from a very good gift at bullshitting, but it always blows my mind that they often don't even have good bullshitting skills. Like this lady was at the top of her game before joining Twitter and she's terrible at basic presentation of the brand or herself. It's crazy.
When Linda came over, she brought over Joe Benarroch, a PR rep also with NBCU who spent the last few years propping her up and shoehorning her into a public-facing role. He went as far as to hire an external PR firm for her to write presentations and even internal memos. Others at NBCU weren't entriely thrilled with them. Here's a link to an article about him and Linda: https://www.semafor.com/article/07/16/2023/behind-twitters-poop-emoji-pr

So that stuff might be all well and good when you're at NBCU and you're doing softball press and the only people that actually know about you are other industry heads, but not with this very public 5-alarm fire swirling on around you and you're still relatively new to being in this type of role. Your first major TV interview as CEO is you just contorting yourself to defend just simply indefensible decisions for a guy who literally said just days ago that your position is a joke.

I'm not giving her a single shred of the benefit of the doubt because she knew who she was aligning with and she gets paid for it, but that CNBC interview was a person who isn't exactly all-in with this. I don't know.

shyduck has issued a correction as of 21:35 on Aug 10, 2023

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Parity warning posted:

sounds better than working at X at least

it seems fun at first but after a couple of months you realize they're just trying to keep you in the office 12-16h a day.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

TheMightyBoops posted:

lol what the gently caress?

Yeah. Elon thinks the cae having its own simcard and OS will replace the Android Auto and Apple Carplay in useability.

To some extent it is true, as the onboard system is decent. However it is still a common complaint from users and it has significantly simplified car radio design to outsource that poo poo to the cellphones.

Plus, most people really like Android Auto and Apple Carplay. it’s not a barrier that is supposed to be solved, it’s the feature they want.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Glumwheels posted:

Someone tweeting Jews and gays shouldn’t exist is healthy discourse right?

just embed a Ukraine flag on his username and he’ll receive a pass from the media

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Jonny 290 posted:

loving ping pong tables and go karts and poo poo while im on the phone with clients desperately trying to fix the hosed up and entirely preventable disasters caused by the very same people playing ping pong and driving go karts past my desk

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

it seems fun at first but after a couple of months you realize they're just trying to keep you in the office 12-16h a day.

i didn't say it seemed fun, just better than slaving away 22-24 hours a day for elon musk in the backrooms

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
increasingly agitated liberal angered that Kanye gets to freely use 2 N words

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
at my first startup job i mentioned to my supervisor in a one-on-one meeting that it was one thing to ask us to spend ten hour days at the office, but i really didn't appreciate dealing with the nerf gun wars that people wanted to have starting at 6 or 7

two months later i got fired for "being too negative" lmao owned

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

:laffo: outside of the first three items none of this is from rebranding, this is him literally clearing out every single break room and possible comfort item for workers and any meeting area that he isn’t directly able to look into where workers might get a slight break from being around him. I feel really, really bad for those visa workers, dear god

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Vomik posted:

increasingly agitated liberal angered that Kanye gets to freely use 2 N words

2?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah I've had people flip out because they're working with me to put out a fire and their screen is getting hit with darts and then a manager will explain how they're making work fun while an actual manager runs up yelling fix it fix it fix it

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

moist turtleneck posted:

Yeah I've had people flip out because they're working with me to put out a fire and their screen is getting hit with darts and then a manager will explain how they're making work fun while an actual manager runs up yelling fix it fix it fix it

"The best way to make work fun is to work as little as possible" isnt exactly wrong

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Why were they rebuilding the Unabomber cabin in their HQ?

https://bid.hgpauction.com/auctions/8660/herita10216/lot-details/6f3fc8d3-847e-4be8-9377-b04e00199ccf

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Well, if it's anything like what happened to the actual Unabomber cabin they want a quiet spot for the interns to bone in.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

sounds like some of you aren’t cut out for working at a daycare, tbh

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/saeeddicaprio/status/1689714841089421312?s=46&t=_v3L--jlsEKPoIDfuIGAUA

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Your date arrives, and she is also your ant exterminator. What's the first thing you say to her?

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
your uber driver arrives and she's also a 12 foot tall mammoth, what's the first thing you say to her

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

shyduck posted:

Your date arrives, and she is also your ant exterminator. What's the first thing you say to her?

i have an infestation in my pants

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

first thing I say is why is your play button pointing backwards

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I ask her to honk the horn

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Concerning

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

“You guys were about to strike. Do you think the new contract benefits new hires and part timers more?”

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Ian Miles Cheong who has never lived in the united states nor interacted with a UPS driver posted that

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

yeah plenty of people liberated from using twitter

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Don't bid on any of the twitter furniture unless you're in the Bay area, there's no shipping with the auction, they just carry it down to the loading dock for you.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

"hello gorgeous, ur place or mine?"

"sorry sir there seems to be some confusion im just here to deliver ur realdoll"

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Orgs have come and said they’ve been unable to operate on actual tips in any sort of timely fashion now because their tip lines are now constantly inundated with qanon cultists reporting Tom Hanks is eating a child and poo poo. It’s incredibly dire

well? is he??

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

your date arrives and she’s also the trumpet player for the all-white mariachi band that plays in the parking lot behind the chipotle you work at and also she brought all her band mates with her to the date and she’s wearing a funny sombrero and fake moustache and keeps saying “huevos” in an exaggerated accent and then giggling to herself. What’s the first thing you say to her?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Augus posted:

your date arrives and she’s also the trumpet player for the all-white mariachi band that plays in the parking lot behind the chipotle you work at and also she brought all her band mates with her to the date and she’s wearing a funny sombrero and fake moustache and keeps saying “huevos” in an exaggerated accent and then giggling to herself. What’s the first thing you say to her?

epic

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
now that money's on the line all the clout demons are going to either

a) whine about not being paid (Catturd, Tim Pool)
b) do absolutely desperate engagement bait posts (Ian Cheong, the guy who posted CP)
and I predict c) eliminate the competition

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

how many of the replies are a variation on something like:

looks like i've got a package for you this time

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Ian Miles Cheong who has never lived in the united states nor interacted with a UPS driver posted that

gonna start a gimmick X the everything app account where I'm a idiot american dude who has never left cornfuck nebraska but I post exclusively about malaysian culture war issues all day every day

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Rubellavator posted:

how many of the replies are a variation on something like:

looks like i've got a package for you this time

This is the objectively correct answer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Speleothing posted:

Don't bid on any of the twitter furniture unless you're in the Bay area, there's no shipping with the auction, they just carry it down to the loading dock for you.

lol all the more reason to do it. Bid $1 and just leave the poo poo there for them to deal with again.