Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

A Buttery Pastry posted:

That's the real test of being a truly Good character, whether you can stick to your moral guns and save assholes too or if you're only nice when it's easy.

I turned her dead husband into a zombie after and encouraged her to go to baldur's gate to ask for a refund from WitchCo or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Conversely, I personally am kinda sick of "alignment"-based RPGs that punish you for being anything less than the nicest most selfless person ever (primarily by giving good actions objectively better rewards than evil actions) particularly when your job as an RPG protagonist is to be a professional murderer

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

alignment was effectively meaningless in 4e (there was even an "abstain" alignment) and isn't even present in 5e as far as I know. this is an improvement

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

drat horror queefs posted:

Conversely, I personally am kinda sick of "alignment"-based RPGs that punish you for being anything less than the nicest most selfless person ever (primarily by giving good actions objectively better rewards than evil actions) particularly when your job as an RPG protagonist is to be a professional murderer

Yea, nonn violent solutions work better on the table top where you can just roleplay it out, and your players might not expect endless combat encounters.

Most people just want to play murder hobos and make their number go up, which is perfect for videogames though.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Brooding Mawlek went down as soon as I got dodging the shotgun, and Dung Defender was really fun. The spore cloud charm seems really really strong, build is really starting to come together.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
alignment was cool, it just needs a rebrand as a personality test. hell just bring in the enneagram, it even has 9 types

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
INTJ paladin loses all his powers for engaging in too much conversation

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
chad entj bard vs virgin intp wizard

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

INTJ paladin loses all his powers for engaging in too much conversation

Let paladins be friends with everyone and half the player bases problems with alignment go away.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

the milk machine posted:

the one time I played actual d&d I made a half-elf bard who was extremely racist against elves

watch out fellas tanis half elven just walked in to the tavern

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

funny setting i found

BG3 cuckold speedrun any% WORLD RECORD

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Al! posted:

funny setting i found

if you turn this on it should have every other party member sitting in a chair watching your character bone during the cutscene

Buck Wildman has issued a correction as of 23:21 on Aug 10, 2023

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

lmao in BG3 i ran into two groups of gangsters fighting and asked why we couldnt all just talk this out, one of them called me a cuck and all of them attacked me :(

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Popy posted:

lmao in BG3 i ran into two groups of gangsters fighting and asked why we couldnt all just talk this out, one of them called me a cuck and all of them attacked me :(

baldur's gate is chicago it seems

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Popy posted:

Hey, you brokered a truce!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Popy posted:

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
jacking off orcs in a mp session and getting called a cuck??/ goty

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Buck Wildman posted:

jaheira in the old bgs is a harper and if you have her along there's a whole side story of hers involving harper bullshit and them just showing up to cause trouble for you because being a bhaalspawn upsets the status quo

Being a bhaalspawn straight up causes murderplagues around you because you have an innate urge to kill off your siblings and generally everybody else so your dad can come back to life. So that's a bit more than just upsetting the status quo (even if you're generally a good guy you do end up killing like, thousands of people/creatures before the games are over).

As for the harpers, as mentioned they're mostly a faction to insert wherever the plot needs an organization to lean on for help. They aren't a proper likeness to regular groups in our world unless we're talking anarchists of a very niche brand, since most of those didn't have close ties to a government figure and still act the way they do.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Buck Wildman posted:

if you turn this on it should have every other party member sitting in a chair watching your character bone during the cutscene

And look really, really bored while doing it.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
cutting my best friend out of my life because we turned on cuck mode and he seduced my love shadowheart

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

evilmiera posted:

And look really, really bored while doing it.

naturally

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Assholes don't want to be saved, sometimes they just want to jump on your sword.

As a good character you should respect their right to self determination.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Tempted to roll a paladin of Helm now.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
fitting considering how much dome your BG3 waifu gives to strangers

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
wow. uncalled for

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol i rerolled a drow dark hunger origin and this is the most evil a game has ever allowed me to be. you’re so evil lmfao

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I met my first drow and realised they're even worse than I thought from cultural osmosis (never played much DnD). Very tempted to start over as one now, being evil ftw

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

DaysBefore posted:

I met my first drow and realised they're even worse than I thought from cultural osmosis (never played much DnD). Very tempted to start over as one now, being evil ftw

im gonna go full tadpole when i play, which i think is evil? not sure. but i do want tadpoles

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/PoweredbyidTech/status/1689680463609176066?t=M6Hdowo_eS_nfKBH8uJMvg&s=19

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Cuttlefush posted:

im gonna go full tadpole when i play, which i think is evil? not sure. but i do want tadpoles

Seems pretty evil. The goblins are all way more likeable than the dweebs in the druidic polycule though

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

DaysBefore posted:

Seems pretty evil. The goblins are all way more likeable than the dweebs in the druidic polycule though

can you not kill the goblins. i generally get along with goblins

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hit one of those "either I need a skill or I'm too stupid" moments in crystal peak, time to go down I guess. One of them weird plants down there that a moth likes anyway

Had a good laugh at the faith in me that mourner had to get across the map without getting hit tho. Sorry about that grave or whatever, but my streak of success lately is more about my extra hearts and quick healing that does a damaging AOE than it is actual skill

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Cuttlefush posted:

can you not kill the goblins. i generally get along with goblins

I think so yeah, you can use parasite powers (not collecting rent cheques, the tadpole mind control thing) to walk around peacefully in all their camps and I got an option to side with the drow at the druid hangout fight. Didn't take it because the party member who seems to worship an evil god thought I was hosed up and switched sides though. Don't know it gets all 'but thou must' after that

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I think Wrath of the Righteous launched in a better state, lmao, so many crashes.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I feel like I'm gonna have to turn BG3 down to Easy. I'm just not grasping the combat. Even when I try to be clever, everything just turns into me rolling 50%-60% chance attacks while the monsters casually do like half my health in one hit.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

kohrga is hyped when she sees you (drow) shes like, finally...somebody who can understand me lol

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

quake 2 fuckin sucks

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

but im still gonna buy that garbage cause its id

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

DaysBefore posted:

I think so yeah, you can use parasite powers (not collecting rent cheques, the tadpole mind control thing) to walk around peacefully in all their camps and I got an option to side with the drow at the druid hangout fight. Didn't take it because the party member who seems to worship an evil god thought I was hosed up and switched sides though. Don't know it gets all 'but thou must' after that

you lose three or four party members for doing this but a drow lady wants to gently caress you immediately after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Larian knows what horny nerds want.