Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Flair posted:

The Kash is coming:

God, what a nothing limitation. Couldn't they at least have banned Diablosis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Apparently Kash won't release with Ariseheart initially.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It definitely seems that way, it'd be insane not to hit the 9 zone lock in some way (eg Diablosis banned, Shangri-ira limited) if they were releasing the whole archeype. If it's just the original first support wave then all Kashtira really does for now is add Fenrir to the pool as a generic extender/board breaker, and maybe helps out the Galaxy Tomahawk decks.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Irony Be My Shield posted:

It definitely seems that way, it'd be insane not to hit the 9 zone lock in some way (eg Diablosis banned, Shangri-ira limited) if they were releasing the whole archeype. If it's just the original first support wave then all Kashtira really does for now is add Fenrir to the pool as a generic extender/board breaker, and maybe helps out the Galaxy Tomahawk decks.

Looking at the OCG banlist, Diablosis and Shangri-ira have never been hit. Instead, OCG have opted for limits on Fenrir and Unicorn instead, so we might see hits there in MD as the 9 zone lock becomes feasible.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
its hard to make generalizations about the banlists but i think OCG is more fine with blatantly unfair stuff as long as its inconsistent, e.g. they're fine with Grass at 1 copy because having to run a 1-of as your wincon in a 60-card deck is enough of a downside for them

or keeping rhongo but making it hard to bring out to the point where you don't really see it in OCG topping decks anymore

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
New special promotion with the release of the new selection pack. Five hundred gems and a new icon, spread out over several days of logging in.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New selection pack:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Flair posted:

New selection pack:

Ooh ikea lab is available finally.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
It has been since the previous pack? Unless I'm missing something from the new one?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Skios posted:

It has been since the previous pack? Unless I'm missing something from the new one?

The chaos angel/synchro package is a huge part of it since its a much stronger endboard with it than without.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Doesn't really do anything for your endboard since you don't play light monsters but it is a great source of non-destruction removal and is a significantly bigger beater than Lady.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

A) you run gamma and B) you can make it with 2 darks and it's a 3500 body that banishes on summon. It's fairly popular in IKEA lab since that variant of the deck has gotten popular.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
are those Sky Striker supports competitive? kind of want to put one of those decks together as an option

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Datamine leaks: https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/news/august-10-2023/master-duel-datamines

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Please for the love of God ban Labyrnth from that event.

Edit: And stop banning Danger Bigfoot! :argh:

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Aug 11, 2023

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
id be fine with lab if they banned EEV

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

id be fine with lab if they banned EEV
They did ban EEV from the Fairies and Fiends event and like 90% of the duels were Labrynth mirror matches... that dragged on forever because neither player had EEV to end it, and other decks didn't have a silver bullet to kill Labrynth. Banning EEV would actually make the situation worse.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

girl dick energy posted:

They did ban EEV from the Fairies and Fiends event and like 90% of the duels were Labrynth mirror matches... that dragged on forever because neither player had EEV to end it, and other decks didn't have a silver bullet to kill Labrynth. Banning EEV would actually make the situation worse.

Every game against Labrynth I played with Magical Musket I won either after a delightful back and forth struggle or on resolution of Fiendish Deal (because Yugioh Players cannot read).

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

girl dick energy posted:

silver bullet to kill Labrynth.
It’s call consecrated light, but this should be banned in light vs dark. :clint:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i mean aside from it also being a blowout to rogue decks which rely on spells, i just think "handripped for 4 on turn 0" is not an effect that should exist in the game

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i mean aside from it also being a blowout to rogue decks which rely on spells, i just think "handripped for 4 on turn 0" is not an effect that should exist in the game

Counterpoint: it's very funny.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So is Maxx "C".

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I did this to a Traptrix deck today and it still resulted in a vicious back and forth for like 3 turns. Honestly one of the more fun duels I've had.

Anyway I'm going to shelve Lab for this event and go back to CyDra. If only they'd given us Clockwork and Duality.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New event:

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Makes me wish I had the gems to spend on an Ally of Justice deck.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I’m running Dogmatika Lightsworn, with the gimmick that the Dogmatika stuff makes it easier to “turn on” the Lightsworn stuff, like Judgement Dragon. Also, White Knight of Dogmatika should hopefully eviscerate a lot of decks.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
https://twitter.com/skyhawksings/status/1691864481780174870

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
I see that everybody has decided that the only way to deal with the lack of handtraps in the Light vs Dark event is to run three copies of Evenly Matched.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Ardeem posted:

I see that everybody has decided that the only way to deal with the lack of handtraps in the Light vs Dark event is to run three copies of Evenly Matched.

Any current meta without handtraps is to have boardbreakers

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Ardeem posted:

This was what happened in the Fiends vs Fairies event too.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Alright, I won a game with Starry Knight, so I've pretty much mastered Yugioh.

And by Starry Knight I mean 4-mat Zeus.

Edit: If Starry Dragon couldn't be destroyed by Labrynth in the hand, this deck might have a razor thin chance of beating Lab.

Iserlohn fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 19, 2023

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Went to a locals with my mikanko deck, got my cheeks clapped by tri brigade spright and rescue ace. If I had played smarter against rescue ace I feel like I could have won but I bricked hard as hell against tri spright.

Had a really fun game against punk therion where for game three I made my opponent go first and he simply passed with an empty board. I normal summoned a monster, interrupted kaiju slumber to put kaijus on both boards and then popped off with water arabesque and double edged sword for the otk.

Mikanko is fun, definitely worth a look

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New Master Duel banlist:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Wonder why they're picking now to ban Rhongo, it's not very meta relevant anymore.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Neo_Crimson posted:

Wonder why they're picking now to ban Rhongo, it's not very meta relevant anymore.

I dunno, but I can't complain, any time Rhongo successfully did hit the field was a bad time.

Kinda tempted to get back into MD now that Tear's tapered off, but I worry that all my decks are even more power-crept than they were. What's a good control-oriented deck right now?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Cleretic posted:

I dunno, but I can't complain, any time Rhongo successfully did hit the field was a bad time.

Kinda tempted to get back into MD now that Tear's tapered off, but I worry that all my decks are even more power-crept than they were. What's a good control-oriented deck right now?

Labrynth. Which is a normal trap focused deck with a field spell that turns all their normal traps into destroy target card opponent controls (once per turn???? I forget). They also get to use normal traps the turn they were set in specific circumstances.

There's also Magical Musket, but Labrynth is as close to proper "control" yugioh has gotten in a long time (you're still doing combos and beating people in the face with a big ATK monster to win, but it gets there by mucking with opponent's ability to combo).

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Adamancipator going to be gone in Master Duel now that Block Dragon is banned, and Dragon Link is on the rise since its cards are basically unhit.

Cleretic posted:

Labrynth is relatively cheap to build now, but Naturia Runick is going to be on the rise after this since its worst matchups (Branded and Tearlament) are getting hit. Nonetheless, Naturia Runick is more expensive to build.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Sweet, I have at least the start of a Labrynth, and a Runick stun build I can work with.

EDIT: Incidentally, I'm curious: Labrynth was just sorta there when it first launched, how'd it get its long legs? New support, good matchups, or just 'holy poo poo how'd we not see THAT combo before'?

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Aug 21, 2023

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

New support. It's got Big Welcome and Lady Labrynth now. Also, people seem to have finally noticed how good Cooclock is.

*edit*

The bad news about Tear getting hit is that now it's the start of Kashteara.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Ardeem posted:

New support. It's got Big Welcome and Lady Labrynth now. Also, people seem to have finally noticed how good Cooclock is.

*edit*

The bad news about Tear getting hit is that now it's the start of Kashteara.

Kash doesn't get stupid until the next wave of support, the current stuff is strong but not particularly back-breaking (or even overwhelming).

They straight up cannot do the 10 zone lock with the current support.