Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Recasting was the best possible option out of a bad situation and Keith David loving rules and everyone loves him. This is probably the best move they could have made. I’ll miss Reddick’s take on the character but I’d much rather David bring his unique presence than have Bungie search for a soundalike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

I want a "We've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars" rendition! It would own!

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Spanish Manlove posted:

Knucklehead radar is now foetracer.

My class fantasy (or wahtever bungie calls it) is tracing foes. I am not interested in radaring knuckleheads.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Words like 'replace' and 'recast' don't even feel accurate. Keith is taking up the mantle. Dude Gets it

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

life_source posted:

My class fantasy (or wahtever bungie calls it) is tracing foes. I am not interested in radaring knuckleheads.

then turn on your monitor

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gadzuko posted:

Please don't randomly bring up irl child murder in the destiny 2 thread for no reason. :thanks:

It wasn't for no reason, it was to try and equate shitposting about IRL child murder to the behavior of Destiny 2 players, somehow.

Which makes it much, much, much, much worse, imo.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

When you’re the admin of the primary goon Destiny community, you should really not make fun of kids getting killed.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Eh. I was disgusted by it at first but OP sent a nice PM explaining that humor is how they cope & they know it is actually bad, they feel "owned" just reading their own post, etc.

Let the Destiny Player who is without sin cast the first stone, I say

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I have Nezarec's Sin equipped on my warlock right now, in fact

I still miss Obsidian Mind but mostly just because it was stylish

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Words like 'replace' and 'recast' don't even feel accurate. Keith is taking up the mantle. Dude Gets it

hell yeah. I have to imagine he and Lance used to go out for a lot of the same roles too, and you make a lot of friends and earn a healthy respect and solidarity for your fellow actor that way. Im a cornball but he’s prolly smiling down

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Also because it had great flavor text e: never mind, was thinking of another one

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Let the Destiny Player who is without sin cast the first stone, I say

The First Stone sounds like a good name for a Destiny gun.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
The lore blurb would be a guardian and a cryptarch arguing about what the phrase means.

Both are wrong.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's hard to pretend other internet communities are any worse than SA. Maybe it's just D2 that does terrible things to the brain

Wasn't that guy a Destiny Clan admin or something? Cheering the death of a little Muslim girl :smith: Lance would not be proud of us

This is weird of you to do, especially editing out the bit that made it clear it was a joke. A lovely joke, but a joke.

Do not do this.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

life_source posted:

The lore blurb would be a guardian and a cryptarch arguing about what the phrase means.

Both are wrong.

My new favorite exotic lore blurb is Phoenix Protocol

quote:

Warlocks are edging in on Titan territory, I tell you.

What do you mean?

Well, first I started losing fistfights with them in the Crucible. That's an affront to everything Titans stand for. If Wei-Ning were here, she'd die of shame!

I'm sure she'd be thrilled, honestly.

That's beside the point. This thing with the fancy rift? It's basically Ward of Dawn.

It doesn't block ballistics.

But it does everything else! It's the same thing as the Ward we had before the Red Legion! It's outright plagiaristic!

It doesn't blind people either.

Won't you just let me have my outrage?

lmao

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

HopperUK posted:

This is weird of you to do, especially editing out the bit that made it clear it was a joke. A lovely joke, but a joke.

Do not do this.

The missing word was "wait." Doesn't change anything and its still not something you joke about.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mill Village posted:

The missing word was "wait." Doesn't change anything and its still not something you joke about.

It also doesn't change that it has absolutely nothing to do with Destiny 2 and is completely inappropriate for the Destiny 2 thread, man.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Mill Village posted:

And the poster was probated and that should be an end to it. And it's an end to discussing it in this thread. Thanks.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
A couple pages ago but

Pirate Jet posted:

Absolutely zero self-awareness.

Yeah you know loving what? You're right. I absolutely acknowledge that I have been getting bitter and kneejerky in responses and it's not cool. The root cause is becoming exhausted and annoyed/frustrated at the hyperbole that gets thrown around (Stasis is dead, nothing will ever be good etc) but at the end of the day it's not a good reason to become a jerk.

So yeah, I'm sorry. I think this is a good sign for me to Take a Break from community discussion because it isn't making me happy and subsequently I'm not exactly contributing anything good or helpful. I miss just posting and enjoying talking about the game, and right now it isn't happening.

I still enjoy the game, and I'll probably be back posting next season some time, but whether it's the game or discussion, if I'm getting angry at things I should probably log off.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Now all we need is Rowdy Roddy Piper playing another Titan so they can have a lengthy disagreement over sunglasses.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

One thing I've learned (and hope you can too) is that there's no such thing as saying something 'ironically', because you are still saying it.

We live in a post-2016 world

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Telesto's just LQ but 14.88% better, as long as you've got your exotic slot free

Definitely worth grinding toward the LQ though

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

something stones something glass houses

sometimes people say stupid poo poo or make bad jokes. leave it be.

e: didn't see there was another page. sorry hopper.

Kith fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Aug 11, 2023

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kith posted:

sometimes people say stupid poo poo. leave it be.

And not just because I say stupid things all the time. Live and let live. Maybe a minor smack on the wrist to correct a course.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

DancingShade posted:

And not just because I say stupid things all the time. Live and let live. Maybe a minor smack on the wrist to correct a course.

But that's what Probating is?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Shockeh posted:

But that's what Probating is?

Well yeah. But I can't be pretentious and faux-wise sounding (fooling precisely nobody) saying it like that.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Kith posted:

something stones something glass houses

sometimes people say stupid poo poo or make bad jokes. leave it be.

e: didn't see there was another page. sorry hopper.

You had to come in and get a last minute dunk for your buddy in Overchill, eh?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Mill Village posted:

You had to come in and get a last minute dunk for your buddy in Overchill, eh?

no, i just didn't see that there was a new page. don't try to mix this up in your weird loving vendetta, thanks

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Shut up about this issue right now.

e: everyone. Hush. Done.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I’ll issue a hot take here and say I’m a little worried about the Suspend nerfs because it’s kind of the only thing Strand has going for it and other than that, the subclass isn’t that good. Does anyone seriously give a poo poo about Sever and Unravel? Threadlings will probably continue to suck unless Bungie does what they really should and make Thread of Evolution built-in, and Woven Mail is good but it’s difficult to keep consistent uptime on it unless you’re an Abeyant Leap Titan. And everyone agreed the much-marketed grapple grenade was worthless almost immediately after Lightfall hit, plus the new aspects introduced this season were all a bust (I’ve seen the Hunter one do decent work in PVP but otherwise, eh.)

It really feels like Thread of Generation and Warding are must-haves for every Strand build meaning you really only have two fragments to play with (one if you’re doing Threadlings and pretty much have to keep Evolution on) and all three classes’ best Strand builds focused on keeping Suspend up as much as possible, so I’m starting to think this was a situation where they needed to buff the rest of the subclass up to match instead of vice-versa.

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 11, 2023

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

I think it's basically going to mean you'll have to go back to matching weapon types for champions again. Which is a pity as I liked taking guns I *wanted* to rather then what was needed for champion related activities.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm just glad I learned 1k voices eventually stuns Unstoppables because blinding them seems very unreliable

It usually takes two shots though

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Hi, after lurking for some time, I just wanted to introduce myself fellow guardians.

I’m a Titan main and a PVP Jotunn user. Sorry.

Also why are titans the most heavily nerfed class?

Thanks for attending my TED talk.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

IllusionistTrixie posted:

I think it's basically going to mean you'll have to go back to matching weapon types for champions again. Which is a pity as I liked taking guns I *wanted* to rather then what was needed for champion related activities.
Personally I feel like anywhere you absolutely need the champion counters, you were probably bringing them in addition to suspend. Or at least, doing a GM or two, I absolutely would not want to rely on suspend alone to deal with overloads and stuff without some kind of fallback plan. Sometimes a room would just be way too spicy to get the overload down in the duration of the suspend.

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm just glad I learned 1k voices eventually stuns Unstoppables because blinding them seems very unreliable

Chill Clip Riptide is a fantastic anti-champion weapon since it works against overload and unstop reliably. But I also need an excuse to use 1KV more, so this is good to know.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Suspend was not supposed to be a barrier counter, it just functions as one because most players can burn one during the suspend period. Now you just have to run a designated anti-barrier weapon, perk, or subclass verb

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

I don't pvp in this game, but this image made my eye twitch for some reason. Can't put my finger on why exactly...

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mesadoram posted:

I don't pvp in this game, but this image made my eye twitch for some reason. Can't put my finger on why exactly...

It's the patterned yellow background.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

1kV should cause an Ignition in one shot with Ember of Ashes - which is generally advised for its usage.

(and is just generally fairly neat if you don't need some of the extra healing ones etc)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pirate Jet posted:

I’ll issue a hot take here and say I’m a little worried about the Suspend nerfs because it’s kind of the only thing Strand has going for it and other than that, the subclass isn’t that good. Does anyone seriously give a poo poo about Sever and Unravel? Threadlings will probably continue to suck unless Bungie does what they really should and make Thread of Evolution built-in, and Woven Mail is good but it’s difficult to keep consistent uptime on it unless you’re an Abeyant Leap Titan. And everyone agreed the much-marketed grapple grenade was worthless almost immediately after Lightfall hit, plus the new aspects introduced this season were all a bust (I’ve seen the Hunter one do decent work in PVP but otherwise, eh.)

It really feels like Thread of Generation and Warding are must-haves for every Strand build meaning you really only have two fragments to play with (one if you’re doing Threadlings and pretty much have to keep Evolution on) and all three classes’ best Strand builds focused on keeping Suspend up as much as possible, so I’m starting to think this was a situation where they needed to buff the rest of the subclass up to match instead of vice-versa.

Sever is really, really strong and is gonna get stronger. Reducing an enemy's damage by 40% is an insanely powerful effect and all of the melees that do it have really good uptime. Unravel is also pretty good damage, especially this season with the artifact boosting it.

I think Suspend being nerfed, along with the buffs and adjustments to the rest of the class will have the opposite effect, it'll make people realize just how good and versatile the rest of the Strand kit is, particularly at reducing incoming damage with Sever and Woven Mail. Plus, Threadlings are gonna get stronger and Grapple Melee is gonna get more consistent, which should allow for more experimentation with them. I'm really excited for Strand in S22, honestly.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Aug 11, 2023

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oxyclean posted:

Chill Clip Riptide is a fantastic anti-champion weapon since it works against overload and unstop reliably. But I also need an excuse to use 1KV more, so this is good to know.

I'll get one of those eventually lol. Supposedly Jotunn will also eventually handle unstoppables but I wouldn't bet on it

VodeAndreas posted:

1kV should cause an Ignition in one shot with Ember of Ashes - which is generally advised for its usage.

(and is just generally fairly neat if you don't need some of the extra healing ones etc)

Oh neat, I'll have to try it later. I haven't actually swapped off Striker Titan all season lmao

aledesma posted:

Hi, after lurking for some time, I just wanted to introduce myself fellow guardians.

I’m a Titan main and a PVP Jotunn user. Sorry.

Also why are titans the most heavily nerfed class?

Thanks for attending my TED talk.

Welcome brother. What exotics do you tend to use with Jotunn? I kind of just dick around with whatever and use it to spice the game up on top lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
100 res + woven mail is something like 85% damage reduction, it's crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh neat, I'll have to try it later. I haven't actually swapped off Striker Titan all season lmao

Yeah that does have the caveat of being on a Solar spec as well :)