Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Gripweed posted:

Mods please change the thread title to [Pictures] Waffles has a good time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Truly grateful to be alive 🙏

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://i.imgur.com/BFhvcLG.mp4

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

philly ftw

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

*folding chair goes bonk*

I bet you're wondering how I got here

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/benmcculley/status/1689369991437524994?s=46&t=mzWS2vgSInnU9jlt8C3n_Q

Now this guy was a real poster!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he was either committing suicide by cop or he was just really, really stupid. i respect his game if it's the former. it's almost certainly the latter, though.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
James Hodgkinson
Willem Van Spronsen
Craig Robertson

Real Men of Genius

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

lobster shirt posted:

baseball is a good sport
.................................\

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

gradenko_2000 posted:

James Hodgkinson
Willem Van Spronsen
Craig Robertson

Real Men of Genius

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/PicturesFoIder/status/1689394112427077632?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

No they don't share an oven you loving idiot. Two business that are both reliant on ovens aren't going to share an oven because it would make the workflow for both business impossibly slow. "Hey we just got an order for a large peperoni but we just slid a guy in the oven so it's going to be busy for the next five hours". And pizza ovens and cremation ovens are completely different ovens. Cremation ovens have to get way, way hotter than pizza ovens. And they're much larger, so even if you did set one low enough to cook a pizza it would be a tremendous waste of energy. And that's not even getting into the myriad code violations that would be incurred cooking food in a facility that also handles human remains.

Stupid question, asked by a stupid person, get hosed.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Gripweed posted:

No they don't share an oven you loving idiot. Two business that are both reliant on ovens aren't going to share an oven because it would make the workflow for both business impossibly slow. "Hey we just got an order for a large peperoni but we just slid a guy in the oven so it's going to be busy for the next five hours". And pizza ovens and cremation ovens are completely different ovens. Cremation ovens have to get way, way hotter than pizza ovens. And they're much larger, so even if you did set one low enough to cook a pizza it would be a tremendous waste of energy. And that's not even getting into the myriad code violations that would be incurred cooking food in a facility that also handles human remains.

https://twitter.com/JustAWeb3Degen/status/1689394943314268160?s=20

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Gripweed posted:

My wife has a cousin who owns a couple of restaurants right next to each other in Colorado. One is a fancy white table cloth place, the other a fancy wood fired pizza place. They use the residual heat from the pizza oven from the night before to bake the restaurant's bread the next morning.

What I'm saying is, this checks out.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/gunterfehlinger/status/1689644743675060224?s=46&t=mzWS2vgSInnU9jlt8C3n_Q
The definition of damning with faint praise.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Gripweed posted:

I'm putting it in the paper that you got mad over pizza ovens

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

She's right

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

It’s been ages since I read it but if I remember it right it’s pretty funny that his revolutionary thesis was “no Europeans aren’t innately superior, it’s just that Europe was the perfect environment to develop a superior culture!”

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Used to go to a bar that was beside a dialysis center, with an AA meeting room on the other side. Those were the only businesses in the three unit building.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

azealia banks ftw

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

HashtagGirlboss posted:

It’s been ages since I read it but if I remember it right it’s pretty funny that his revolutionary thesis was “no Europeans aren’t innately superior, it’s just that Europe was the perfect environment to develop a superior culture!”

His inspiration for the book was living with Papua New Guinea nomads and realizing that they are actually intelligent, creative, and otherwise normal human beings instead of savages.

Really GG&S is just the result of historimat being so ruthlessly excluded from academia for so long that a guy going "hey maybe humans are all pretty much the same and we develop according to our material conditions" was treated as an incredible revelation.

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

gg&s itself is almost full on anti-racist, its a clear narrative and a dozen+ examples of how race (or even religion or culture) *isnt* what mattered

yes the fact that that made it a giant household name says a lot about everything around it

but if you are directly pointing at the book and saying 'das racist' congrats you're a contrarian dipshit

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Gripweed posted:

Mods please change the thread title to [Pictures] Waffles has a good time

:hmmyes:

Also, new awful way to "make money" dropped:

https://twitter.com/largemotorcycle/status/1689335494046298112?s=20

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

MightyBigMinus posted:

gg&s itself is almost full on anti-racist, its a clear narrative and a dozen+ examples of how race (or even religion or culture) *isnt* what mattered

yes the fact that that made it a giant household name says a lot about everything around it

but if you are directly pointing at the book and saying 'das racist' congrats you're a contrarian dipshit

The fact is only germs and guns are racist.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i would point at lps from the band das racist if i was going to say, das racist

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

i would point at lps from the band das racist if i was going to say, das racist

I’m in the ethno state
I’m in the settler colony
I’m in the european ethno state and settler colony

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...ys/70562482007/

quote:

“Fat, ugly, like drooping face. White Ralph Lauren Polo," she said. "Like fatter Tony Soprano.”

An officer asked: “Would you be willing to press charges?”

She responded: “Yes. (Expletive) that guy.”

lmao

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

MightyBigMinus posted:

the book is wrong in a lot of ways, but the central thesis is directly against race superiority!

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

brugroffil posted:

the book is wrong in a lot of ways, but the central thesis is directly against race superiority!

this is my problem with it

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

JGdmn posted:

Used to go to a bar that was beside a dialysis center, with an AA meeting room on the other side. Those were the only businesses in the three unit building.

lmao

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

helsinki updates:

https://www.helsinkitimes.fi/finland/finland-news/domestic/23997-first-manul-kitten-born-at-korkeasaari-zoo.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PffMLUbV-Dk

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
:stare::stare::stare:

https://twitter.com/CountDankulaTV/status/1689320425510117386?s=20

Hilarious community note, too.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/billyhumblebrag/status/1689626700550651904?t=1QJ8slQ3wTFw5-KuEn5AmA&s=19

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

All of the nazi poo poo heads elon cultivated as a user base are climbing over each other to say how "based" that tweet was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

quote:

In April 2023, Abbott wrote to The Observer saying that Irish people, Jews and Travellers did not experience the same racism. Labour withdrew the whip following its publication. Abbott withdrew her remarks, apologised and said: "Racism takes many forms, and it is completely undeniable that Jewish people have suffered its monstrous effects, as have Irish people, Travellers and many others." Abbott also said the letter was an initial draft sent by mistake.

Hmmm