Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

What're folks statting their Luka with? Being a Nihility DoT character leans me towards less crit and more ATK but he also does multi-attack things so I'm not sure there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Dawgstar posted:

Because I'm not sure clear on the mechanic and have a very small brain, both Kafka and Bladie count as having follow up attacks, yeah? Is it finally time to try the Path of Elation?

Yes, both have follow-ups, although Bladie's isn't great for SU Elation purposes since it's a little infrequent and unreliable.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

haypliss posted:

It's time to make the fastest Kafka.

Jesus christ. To say that I'm jealous would be an understatement.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Dawgstar posted:

Because I'm not sure clear on the mechanic and have a very small brain, both Kafka and Bladie count as having follow up attacks, yeah? Is it finally time to try the Path of Elation?

If I understand her kit right, Kafka isn't really a heavy followup user like Clara or JY are. It seems like just a bit of a bonus bolted onto her main kit.

Her best SU path is still Nihility (with maybe a dip into Elation).

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Tree Reformat posted:

If I understand her kit right, Kafka isn't really a heavy followup user like Clara or JY are. It seems like just a bit of a bonus bolted onto her main kit.

Kafka’s follow-up serves as a way to keep her shock on the target. But Aftertaste goes off of ATK, which Kafka wants in spades. So she should be able to crap out big ol’ Aftertaste hits.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Tatsuta Age posted:

can you post someone beating moc 10 with level 60 f2ps I wanna see it

I don't think anyone has done past the first or second MoC with level 60 characters. I doubt it could be done.

Lily Aquina has 30 starred MoC with only 4 star characters. Twice I think. The first 5 star character she will be building is Kafka, but I'm pretty sure she has every character in the game.

Dreamy has 30 starred MoC without ever using a banner character, though she has used Welt and Himeko and Bronya. Maybe other standard 5 star characters. She has also done 0 cycle clears of MoC 10 with every Erudition character except Jing Yuan just to prove it could be done. She didn't even feature banner characters on her channel until she started getting paid from Hoyo.

Those 2 definitely are not f2p though. I'm sure it could be done eventually, but the grind for relics would probably take months.

There's also the guy who's not doing any pulls on his account after the forced one for Asta. I think he's up to 3 stars through MoC 8 now.

Bussamove posted:

What're folks statting their Luka with? Being a Nihility DoT character leans me towards less crit and more ATK but he also does multi-attack things so I'm not sure there.

I haven't started building him yet, but he's a dps like Welt. Crit would probably be great on him just like any other dps, though he does want high attack and physical boosts since that scales his bleed. He'll probably be an extremely strong dps since bleed is cracked and he doesn't have to break anyone to apply it.

I'm thinking of trying a hypercarry team with him and Asta and Tingyun. Stack that attack as high as possible and let him punch things.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Tree Reformat posted:

Yeah, after attempting an SU run that became pretty apparent - Blade's isn't the best for it either - but I do appreciate the confirmation.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Path of Elation really needs Clara or Jing Yuan. It's the only time I break out my Jing anymore.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Clarste posted:

I mean Kafka could probably destroy a planet if she wanted to, but I'd imagine it would involve like mind-controlling the person charge of the nukes rather than shooting s DBZ ki blast out of her hands.

And just, like, knowing where to get a stellaron makes you a planetary threat.

Thats the image I had in mind as opposed to the Dragon Ball Z Freeza stuff.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Walla posted:

Path of Elation really needs Clara or Jing Yuan. It's the only time I break out my Jing anymore.

I've annihilated SU7 on max difficulty using Elation with a team of March Herta Himeko and SW.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Wait a second, that's illegal.

(yes there's an achievement for it, I cracked up laughing)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Izzhov posted:

I've annihilated SU7 on max difficulty using Elation with a team of March Herta Himeko and SW.

I did forget about March and Himeko. Herta is just fun and SW is a cheat code.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

code that was here has been used i'm sure

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Aug 11, 2023

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I'm glad they are forcing us to wait on more of the treasure hunt event thing because if it was all out at once i would certainly had done like 5 of them at once and then complained it was too loving boring and samey.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Kale posted:

So lore folks, I've seen it said in some places that Kafka is apparently on planet buster tier levels of power in terms of story lore but where was this ever mentioned in the lore of the games? Is this actually a thing in the lore somewhere or is it just fanboys making up headcanon again. If so that'd put her among the ascended being type characters in terms of power levels. I'm trying to conceptualize the character even managint something like that considering what we've seen of her she just seems like a mercenary tossing grades around and shooting stuff. The voice thing seems OP lore wise as it is.

The voice thing isn't even that OP. It's a weaker version of Aponia's Discipline and she wasn't even the strongest of the Flamechasers and none of them could stop Earth's civilization being flattened by the Honkai anyway. Phantylia is an Emanator of Destruction so she's one step down from Nanook itself and she got her rear end beat by an old man and our good friend Daniel Heng so being ascended doesn't even mean much either. The strongest recruitable person is probably still Welt because he's still the Herrscher of Reason even if they locked away most of the universe's Honkai energy at the end of HI3 Part 1.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Eej posted:

The voice thing isn't even that OP. It's a weaker version of Aponia's Discipline and she wasn't even the strongest of the Flamechasers and none of them could stop Earth's civilization being flattened by the Honkai anyway. Phantylia is an Emanator of Destruction so she's one step down from Nanook itself and she got her rear end beat by an old man and our good friend Daniel Heng so being ascended doesn't even mean much either. The strongest recruitable person is probably still Welt because he's still the Herrscher of Reason even if they locked away most of the universe's Honkai energy at the end of HI3 Part 1.

like cmon what the gently caress even is this. please make a new thread for the other game. please

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

The nice thing about Asta being such a great Kafka teammate is that it's reminding me just how pretty Asta's ult is. :3:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Tatsuta Age posted:

like cmon what the gently caress even is this. please make a new thread for the other game. please

I don't see how HI3 lore has nothing to do with HSR considering Welt literally had a Otto/Void Archives PTSD flashback when seeing Luocha.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Eej posted:

I don't see how HI3 lore has nothing to do with HSR considering Welt literally had a Otto/Void Archives PTSD flashback when seeing Luocha.
Yeah, discussing things related to Welt's past is directly relevant to this game, though I agree that tangents about unrelated parts of HI3 shouldn't be here

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Man...the writing team hates Yanqing.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Is Aponia that thing where you choke in your sleep

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Sometimes you express your love by making someone a character who has no idea what's going on and loses all the time.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Can't wait for Yanqing to discover some mystic spirit elixir, age 20 years into a more mature powerful form, and then immediately job again

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Pretty sure Welt gave basically all his Herrscher Of Reason powers to Bronya anyway. He seems to still have the Star Of Eden (ancient indistinguishable from magic artifact with gravity powers), but even that's assuming his Pathstrider (Star Rail character) powers don't just manifest the same as what he's used to. Sealing the Stellaron is the only thing so far to suggest he's still any stronger than the rest of the cast, and even that could be a knowledge and experience thing.

Meanwhile, Dan Heng parted a sea, Jing Yuan has the Lightning Lord, we don't know what the cap on Silver Wolf's reality hacking abilities is, and even if we assume Spirit Whisper is weaker than Discipline, audio based mind control is pretty loving overpowered when you're not fighting a horrifying alien force with no mind to control, depending on how many people it works on at once.

And even that's ignoring that Herta apparently has an entire planet's worth of resources at her disposal and enough tech to make a perfect simulation of the entire universe. Honestly unless you're limiting it to direct combat ability, she's probably the most overpowered character we've gotten to play. By far, really, especially since placing Silver Wolf and Kafka high is pure conjecture that I honestly don't quite buy, but definitely buy more than "Welt is somehow back to full power." Dude wasn't even that strong for most of HI3, just the prequel manga.

Captain France fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Aug 11, 2023

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Yeah, I honestly get the vibe that Welt's strength is pretty limited at this point, he has echoes of his powers in HI3 and that's it. It's the what I have to guess is thousands of years of experience he has at this point that makes him a danger.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Also, I'm playing through the treasure hunting event now, and I need to ask:

If I'm mostly not having trouble with the fights, is there any reason not to leave a floor as soon as I get the key? There's no increased rewards or anything, right?

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Almost there.

Not pictured: Natasha (level 80) and Pitch-Dark Hook the Great (level 70)

Just need one more star on 7 and 10 :toot:

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Captain France posted:

Pretty sure Welt gave basically all his Herrscher Of Reason powers to Bronya anyway. He seems to still have the Star Of Eden (ancient indistinguishable from magic artifact with gravity powers), but even that's assuming his Pathstrider (Star Rail character) powers don't just manifest the same as what he's used to. Sealing the Stellaron is the only thing so far to suggest he's still any stronger than the rest of the cast, and even that could be a knowledge and experience thing.

Meanwhile, Dan Heng parted a sea, Jing Yuan has the Lightning Lord, we don't know what the cap on Silver Wolf's reality hacking abilities is, and even if we assume Spirit Whisper is weaker than Discipline, audio based mind control is pretty loving overpowered when you're not fighting a horrifying alien force with no mind to control, depending on how many people it works on at once.

And even that's ignoring that Herta apparently has an entire planet's worth of resources at her disposal and enough tech to make a perfect simulation of the entire universe. Honestly unless you're limiting it to direct combat ability, she's probably the most overpowered character we've gotten to play. By far, really, especially since placing Silver Wolf and Kafka high is pure conjecture that I honestly don't quite buy, but definitely buy more than "Welt is somehow back to full power." Dude wasn't even that strong for most of HI3, just the prequel manga.

Bronya gave his powers back. He mentions in passing that he has the Herrscher of Reason powers in one of the train conversations. Welt is holding back big time for some reason in this game.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
You know nothing of the weight

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

JT Jag posted:

Yeah, I honestly get the vibe that Welt's strength is pretty limited at this point, he has echoes of his powers in HI3 and that's it. It's the what I have to guess is thousands of years of experience he has at this point that makes him a danger.

Actually he's "only" about a century or so old, I think.
Which, come to think of it, isn't even that old by Luofu standards, although he's probably still got more experience than most Luofu characters because, and tbh this and hopefully his relationship with his world's Himeko are the only things about him from HI3 I see "mattering," he has been up to his eyeballs in crazy "sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" scifi bullshit pretty much the entire time.

And yet he still found time to make an anime about a giant ninja robot. And also get his scientist friends to make him a giant ninja robot. And also sell an energy drink based off of the anime that is, AND I QUOTE, "the most ninja energy drink on the market."

Also Bronya is absent from the current HI3 arc because she and Welt are busy making a video game about the giant ninja robot.

Welt Yang is a surprisingly silly man.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Captain France posted:

Pretty sure Welt gave basically all his Herrscher Of Reason powers to Bronya anyway.

As of Alien Space he still has a core. The degree to which it's a whole core, and how functional it is, is up for grabs. Plus the aforementioned conversation.

At the end of the day though, it's like Kafka. Cutscene Kafka can twitch and make a room full of people kill themselves. Our team Kafka can proc dots and follow-up attack. Cutscene Welt can do whatever the plot requires, it doesn't impact team Welt.

Captain France posted:

Actually he's "only" about a century or so old, I think.

He spent a century or so with the souls of 300,000 people inside him. Mentally the dude is....carrying a lot.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Cutscene Welt has done literally nothing in this game though.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Welt's a very whimsical grandpa who got sucked into multiple world ending cataclysms and fixed them out of obligation. That's why he wants to drive the big Belobog robot and play Space Mahjong with Qingque. He's actually a garbage Herrscher of Reason, the only thing that he knows how to create are the Star of Eden (black hole gun that is I guess is his walking stick now?) and his perfectly reconstructed ageless body when he almost died. That's why he handed off the Core of Reason to Bronya because she's an even bigger nerd who could conceptualize like an infinite amount of mechanical contraptions.

It's not really said in game how strong he really is but if they were going to do some Welt story I'd rather find out how he feels about the fact that he ditched his wife and kid to save another universe.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Clarste posted:

Cutscene Welt has done literally nothing in this game though.

He knocked us out of our weird psychic link to Nanook. That's it though.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Captain France posted:

Also, I'm playing through the treasure hunting event now, and I need to ask:

If I'm mostly not having trouble with the fights, is there any reason not to leave a floor as soon as I get the key? There's no increased rewards or anything, right?

The fights can have drops so unless you're hoping for some stamina/bombs/etc you can skip them yeah.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

It's important to note in terms of power rankings, Herta loving bodied Wolfie. Like absolutely murdered her. And pretty casually too. So if the Stellaron Hunters are world ending tier, she is definitely above that. Though I think she is meant to be an Emanator of the Erudition?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

She is very explicitly an Emanator of Erudition. It's mentioned in the prologue when Kafka reads a sign, iirc.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Okay I wasn't remembering stuff I made. Also I think all of the Xianzhou generals are emanators of the hunt, despite neither Jingliu nor Jing Yuan being hunt characters. :v:

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
It is perfectly in character for Herta to give us a crappy expendable 4* puppet version of herself she barely pays attention to as a reward for us for running in her little SU rat maze, while she herself is keeping all her demigod-like power wherever her nerd cave is out of sheer disinterest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Sam Sanskrit posted:

Bronya gave his powers back. He mentions in passing that he has the Herrscher of Reason powers in one of the train conversations. Welt is holding back big time for some reason in this game.

His power is extremely not good for most situations. He creates black holes, which is fine as a last resort but anything before that is basically useless if you want to keep your allies alive.